October in Seguin

Discuss or propose a club event.

Moderator: Bill K

October in Seguin

Postby Ken » 14 Wed Oct, 2020 11:09 am

Hi gang - the Mechlers (aka staggerwing) have organized a little weekend get together in Seguin!

Here are the details from Sandy. "Hey guys, looking to see if anyone is interested in coming to Seguin the weekend of October 24th to cruise in our buggys? I've negotiated a limited number of King Bed rooms at the Hampton Inn - Seguin at $89/night. Let's gather at the Hampton Inn at 10am Saturday, 24 October, cruise, eat and cruise some more. Then we'll do it again on Sunday until y'all have to head home."

Delia and I are planning to be there and we hope to see some of you. Post up if you can make it or thinking about it. Thanks Sandy for getting this going.

For years I have heard rumbles in this group about a Fall gathering... well here it is folks!

October 24th and 25th
Hampton Inn - Seguin
1130 Larkin Ave, Seguin, TX 78155
$89/night King bed
830-379-4400
Call after 7pm and ask for Maria or Alexis

Thank you Sandy for inviting all of us. We can't wait!
Ken
Site Admin

Re: October in Seguin

Postby Rick&Cyndi M » 14 Wed Oct, 2020 8:44 pm

Cyndi and I will see you there!!
Rick&Cyndi M
Buggyholic

Postby Heathwerner » 14 Wed Oct, 2020 9:48 pm

We are planning to be there.
Heathwerner
Buggy Nut

Postby Bryan Porter » 16 Fri Oct, 2020 10:31 am

Just made Our reservation for Friday and Saturday night see you guys there!
Bryan Porter
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 16 Fri Oct, 2020 4:28 pm

Dang!
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Heathwerner » 18 Sun Oct, 2020 8:06 pm

Ken wrote:Dang!

???????
Heathwerner
Buggy Nut

Postby Faron » 20 Tue Oct, 2020 9:28 pm

Unless something stops us, my wife Melissa and I will be there for the Saturday run. Would love to hang all weekend, but Sunday we will be celebrating my Moms 80th Birthday!
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 21 Wed Oct, 2020 12:14 pm

Heathwerner wrote:
Ken wrote:Dang!

???????

Well... just that we're not going to make it. Y'all have fun.
Let the rumors begin. LOL
Ken
Site Admin

Postby staggerwing » 21 Wed Oct, 2020 12:39 pm

Sandy here. Hi guys, so glad some of you get to come play in our back yard with us this weekend! I am putting the finishing touches on our routes & checking out lunch places. Feel free to call or text me if you have any questions @ 830-305-3751. As mentioned, we plan to head out from Hampton Inn at 10 am Saturday morning. There will be a lunch stop along the way as well as gas & potty stops or potty stops because of gas, LOL. Looks like a beautiful weather weekend & can't wait to see you guys.

On a sad note, Bill & Linda won't be able to join us beacause they will be having a funeral service for their niece Chelcey. Please keep Bill & Linda & their entire family in prayer.
staggerwing
Buggyholic

Postby ScottR » 22 Thu Oct, 2020 3:56 pm

Leslie and I will be there.

Still deciding if we should get a room or not, since we are an hour away.
ScottR
Buggy Nut

Postby Bill K » 22 Thu Oct, 2020 4:22 pm

On a sad note, Bill & Linda won't be able to join us because they will be having a funeral service for their niece Chelcey. Please keep Bill & Linda & their entire family in prayer.

We will really miss getting to see you all. I know you will all have a fantastic time, and our very best to each and everyone of you.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Rick&Cyndi M » 23 Fri Oct, 2020 6:53 pm

HI All,

Cyndi wasn't feeling great when we left and starting feeling worse during the drive. We have made the decision to turn around and head back home out of an abundance of caution. She probably just ate something bad though. Sorry we're missing this fun trip.

Rick
Rick&Cyndi M
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 24 Sat Oct, 2020 10:08 am

Cyndi wasn't feeling great when we left and starting feeling worse during the drive. We have made the decision to turn around and head back home out of an abundance of caution. She probably just ate something bad though. Sorry we're missing this fun trip.

Sorry to hear about Cyndi. Please keep us posted on how she is doing.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Rick&Cyndi M » 24 Sat Oct, 2020 2:17 pm

Thanks for asking Bill. She is much better. We're so bummed that we're not there. Tough decision, but didn't want to take a chance being out of town and at a hotel if things got worse. Buggy's still in the trailer, and we haven't even unpacked yet!

Rick
Rick&Cyndi M
Buggyholic

Postby staggerwing » 25 Sun Oct, 2020 9:37 pm

Sandy did a great job putting the routes together. 105 miles Saturday and 110 Sunday!
Bryan makes really good Margaritas!
There were two new local buggy enthusiasts that showed up, one drove with us Saturday and the other can’t wait till we do it again so he and his wife can join in.
Ate WAY too much food; again.
Dang, that was fun, let’s do that again!
staggerwing
Buggyholic

Postby Great Mistake » 26 Mon Oct, 2020 7:57 pm

Hi gang, so I want to thank Faron for inviting me to join the cruise on Saturday I had a great time and look forward to more cruises, it was nice to meet all that were there and Sandy had an awesome route planned out, I will try to remember everyone's name but no guarantees just tell me what buggy you have and I will know :lol: This was my first cruise since finishing my buggy only a couple of weeks ago and just got it Texas legal on Thursday so I am very happy with the way it ran and drove now i can spend more time and money on doing upgrades after seeing some of the other buggies and getting ideas, I wish I could have made the Sunday cruise but family stuff happened instead, I cant wait for more and I thank all who were there for making feel right at home.
Great Mistake
Buggy Dude

Postby Faron » 26 Mon Oct, 2020 10:37 pm

Thank you for having Melissa and I on the cruise over the weekend! She and I truly had a very good time, & look forward to getting back on the road soon! Our Buggy still sounds like it is popping popcorn, but we will get that fixed pretty quick. We received a bunch of parts that we ordered& plan to install them ASAP.

Again, Thank You for the hospitality

Faron, Melissa, & Snot Rocket
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby GlennC » 30 Fri Oct, 2020 9:28 am

I guess this is our introduction thread.

The wife and I enjoyed meeting the people at the Seguin event. We didn't get the pleasure of going but have high hopes for the next event.

Thanks for the hospitality.

Glenn & Becky
GlennC
Buggy Builder

Postby staggerwing » 30 Fri Oct, 2020 1:29 pm

A few photos we took in Seguin:

Image]
staggerwing
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 31 Sat Oct, 2020 1:30 pm

Dang that looks like a great time. Looks like it was a little cool? Sure sorry we didn't make it. Be glad when all the craziness is done, so we can get back to life.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Rick&Cyndi M » 31 Sat Oct, 2020 5:02 pm

Ken's comments are spot on. Sounds like Sandy did an awesome job on the routes too! I think it would be great to do these smaller more informal events more often, so we can get together more than just twice a year. Cyndi and I really wish that we could have joined everyone, and look forward to the next get together.

Rick
Rick&Cyndi M
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 31 Sat Oct, 2020 7:40 pm

My first thought after looking at the pictures was that it was different seeing Bryan with pants on. But I was afraid one of you "friends" might take it the wrong way.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Faron » 01 Sun Nov, 2020 10:16 am

Rick&Cyndi M wrote:Ken's comments are spot on. Sounds like Sandy did an awesome job on the routes too! I think it would be great to do these smaller more informal events more often, so we can get together more than just twice a year. Cyndi and I really wish that we could have joined everyone, and look forward to the next get together.

Rick

I thought the very same way, but didn't want to openly say it! So don't feel alone, I am sure that if you and I thought it others did as well. That being said when is the next get together. I have a few parts that need to go on & I need to adjust the valves, but could be ready to go with a day notice!
Faron
Buggyholic

Return to Events, Cruises, & Future Trips