Brenham or Bust (BoB) October 5 - 7, 2018

Discuss or propose a club event.

Moderator: Bill K

Brenham or Bust (BoB) October 5 - 7, 2018

Postby ScottR » 05 Thu Jul, 2018 12:17 pm

It is time again for another gathering in Brenham, Texas. It is time for Brenham or Bust, aka., ("BoB").

As per our conversation in Nacogdoches, the BoB will continue and the consensus was for October 5 - 7, 2018. So, I heard the call and everything is set up for as many of you who would like to join us this year at the Holiday Inn Express in Brenham, Texas.

I have 11 rooms blocked; 5 rooms with a king bed, 5 rooms with 2 queen beds, and 1 ADA for our beloved Dave and Christy. ($133.99 per night)

Friday evening will be the Meet and Greet at the hotel starting at 6:00 pm. Bring something to share.

I have 3 cruises lined up through the beautiful tree lined country side roads of the Brenham, Texas area.

1) Saturday morning we will meet at the hotel at 9:00 am and head West from the hotel cruising the country side eventually to the North through Independence, Texas, where we will have a break. From there we will cruise through the some back roads back to the hotel. 64 miles, 1 hour 33 minutes not including the break.

2) Saturday evening we will meet at the hotel at 5:00 pm and head South from the hotel taking the back roads to Kenny, Texas and having dinner at the Kenny Store. 12 miles, 25 minutes.

3) Sunday morning we will meet at the hotel at 9:00 am and head East from the hotel cruising past the Blue Bell Creameries on our way to Washington on the Brazos State Park where they will indulge us in a history lesson as well as see some historic sites... 30 miles, 50 minutes. After being tourists, we will gather around 3:00 pm and cruise on down to Chappell Hill, Texas where we will have our farewell dinner at Chappell Hill Bakery and Smokehouse. Just a heads up, there is 1 1/2 miles of dirt road. 22 miles, 35 minutes.

Brenham is a bustling place the entire week before the weekend we are there. A HUGE antique sale, all over the area, lining the streets selling there wares, so rooms are at a great premium. I was able to finagle these rooms because of the get together last year. You will have until September 5, 2018 to reserve your room before they are no longer blocked and you will have to pay the $168.00 price per night, but I do not think any are available.

As for the RV folks, I have looked at several places but to no avail, my apologies. The better places were around Lake Sommerville. Hopefully Brian can get some better information.

I look forward to seeing everyone at the Round-up in Kerrville, Texas and then again at Brenham or Bust, "BoB" in Brenham, Texas.
ScottR
Buggy Nut

Re: Brenham or Bust (BoB) October 5 - 7, 2018

Postby ScottR » 06 Mon Aug, 2018 3:26 pm

All the rooms are still available. Remember, you have until September 5, 2018 to get in on the blocked discounted price.

Come enjoy and have fun with us for the second time at this new venue and new gathering.

Scott
ScottR
Buggy Nut

Postby Dave W » 07 Tue Aug, 2018 10:34 pm

Hi Scott,

Christy and I will be heading to Boston that weekend for Christy's annual amyloid check up so unfortunately we will not be able to make the BOB.

Thanks,
Dave
Dave W
Buggy Nut

Postby ScottR » 09 Thu Aug, 2018 3:44 pm

Ok Dave. Thank you for letting me know. Wish you both continued success on your check-ups. See you guys in Kerrville.
ScottR
Buggy Nut

Postby ScottR » 24 Fri Aug, 2018 5:13 pm

Just a reminder, you have until September 5 to get the discount on the rooms.
ScottR
Buggy Nut

Return to Events, Cruises, & Future Trips