Wimberly (Buggy Blast 2017)

Discuss or propose a club event.

Moderator: Bill K

Wimberly (Buggy Blast 2017)

Postby staggerwing » 20 Mon Mar, 2017 1:07 pm

Man, we are having a tough time finding a place nearby, room for trailers, and somewhat reasonable. Rates are getting ridiculous, and even though it's a wonderful opportunity to spend some quality time with Ken and Dave, I'm getting cold feet. And no, we're not putting a tent on a flatbed.

Any ideas out there?
Last edited by staggerwing on 20 Mon Mar, 2017 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staggerwing
Buggyholic

Re: Wimberly

Postby Bill K » 20 Mon Mar, 2017 6:01 pm

I'm having the same problem, Richard. And, I started searching pretty early in the year.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 20 Mon Mar, 2017 9:16 pm

Buggy Blast show will be at the Cabelas located in Buda, Texas on Saturday evening, May 27th.
More details later.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Heathwerner » 20 Mon Mar, 2017 10:45 pm

Yall will have to excuse me Im a little slow at times but which event are you trying to find a place to stay?
Heathwerner
Buggy Nut

Re: Wimberly (Buggy Blast 2017)

Postby Bill K » 21 Tue Mar, 2017 8:28 am

It's the Annual BUGGY BLAST on Memorial Day Weekend. The last couple of years it's been held in Wimberley, but this year it sounds like Ken has a new twist planned. So, stay tuned for details. It's always a great time.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Re: Wimberly (Buggy Blast 2017)

Postby Ken » 24 Fri Mar, 2017 10:24 am

We are planning to base the Blast from Buda Texas this year. There are several traditional lodging options there and also plenty of eateries. The show at Cabella's will be us joining a Buda car club at their monthly open invitation, no awards show and hangout. They've offered roping a space to keep us together or something like that. I think it'll be a nice.

We'll keep a Friday evening m&g, Saturday short cruise and lunch, rest break, then the evening show, and Sunday longer cruise and lunch weekend format.

I appreciate everyone's patience and the gentle nudge h r e. I'll get something more official started on the site next week.

Best regards to all.
Ken
Site Admin

Return to Events, Cruises, & Future Trips