Magnolia Christmas Parade

Discuss or propose a club event.

Moderator: Bill K

Magnolia Christmas Parade

Postby Rick&Cyndi M » 23 Wed Nov, 2016 7:47 pm

Please let me know if you if you can join Cyndi and I at the 37th annual Christmas Parade on Saturday, December 3rd in Magnolia, TX. The parade starts at 10:00 a.m. and we will meet around 9:00 a.m. at a designated spot off of Highway 249 to complete the decorations on our buggies. I will get the detailed information for location at the Participant Meeting on 11/29 and post more information at that time.

If you know that Bryan usually handles this, he did get us enrolled but will not be able to participate due to knee surgery he's having on 12/1. :(
Wish him well!

I hope that everyone has a fantastic Thanksgiving!!
Rick&Cyndi M
Buggyholic

Re: Magnolia Christmas Parade

Postby Biggio's Buggy » 25 Fri Nov, 2016 12:22 pm

I will have our buggy there again this year.
Biggio's Buggy
Buggy Builder

Postby Dave W » 26 Sat Nov, 2016 12:02 am

Hi Rick,

Christy and I are interested in joining the parade. Will let you know for sure early next week.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

Christy & Dave
Dave W
Buggy Nut

Postby Dave W » 29 Tue Nov, 2016 5:06 pm

Hi Rick,

We are planning to participate in the parade. Will drive to Christy's sister on Friday evening so we are ready to go Saturday morning (hope the weather holds out!). Let us know where we should meet up on Saturday morning.

Thanks,
Dave
Dave W
Buggy Nut

Postby Rick&Cyndi M » 29 Tue Nov, 2016 5:26 pm

Great news Vince and Dave! We now have 3 buggies confirmed - we need some more!!

How about Brad and Sally, Ray and Kim??? and any others that might be in the area on Saturday.

I'm heading to the meeting soon and will post the details tonight.

If your anywhere near Magnolia and have a buggy, please join us at the parade.

Rick
Rick&Cyndi M
Buggyholic

Postby Rick&Cyndi M » 29 Tue Nov, 2016 9:41 pm

Parade Details:

We need to meet at 8:45 a.m. Saturday at Magnolia Junior High in the back parking lot. To get there, turn West on Sanders St. off of Hwy. 249. We might be staged on Sanders St. due to construction at the school. Final decorations can be put on your buggy at this time. The parade will start at 10:00 a.m. We are Group #34.

If you bring a vehicle with a trailer hauling your buggy, you can park the vehicle and trailer at Magnolia United Methodist Church at 419 Commerce St. or at the Celeste Graves Education Support Center at 31141 Nichols Sawmill Rd. We cannot park a non-parade vehicle on Sanders St. or at the Junior High School.

We are allowed to throw candy and small toys to the parade spectators, please be careful as many of the small children run out into the street.

If you have any additional questions, please post a reply or call me at 281-352-4812.

Rick
Rick&Cyndi M
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 30 Wed Nov, 2016 2:34 pm

Sounds like a great day! Really sorry Delia and I won't make it, but we've got some stuff going on this weekend.

Best of wishes to our buddy My Porter with his knee work. We'll be thinking of you man and praying for a speedy and painless recovery.

TAKE SOME FREAKING PICTURES.... AND POST THEM!!!!!
Oh, of the parade, not the knee surgery.
Ken
Site Admin

Return to Events, Cruises, & Future Trips