BRENHAM or BUST

Discuss or propose a club event.

Moderator: Bill K

BRENHAM or BUST

Postby Bill K » 08 Mon Feb, 2016 9:50 pm

This year, Scott & Faron are kicking off a new event being called "Brenham or Bust".

Some details are still being worked out, but they have asked me to post up what they have planned so far.

DATE: June 3 - 5, 2016
WHERE: Brenham, Texas
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:

Friday, June 3: Meet & Greet
Where Meet: Holiday Inn Express conference room.
Time: 6:00 PM
Bring finger foods to eat & share

Saturday, June 4: Morning Cruise. Cruise will head west toward lake and Independence, Texas
Where Meet: Holiday Inn Express
Time: 8:00 AM

Saturday, June 4: Evening Cruise to Home Sweet Farm for a Show & Shine.
Where Meet: Holiday Inn Express.
Time: 4:00 PM

Sunday, June 5: Morning Cruise east to Washington on the Brazos for a Show & Shine & History lesson
Time: 8:00 AM

Sunday, June 5: Cruise to Chappell Hill, TX to Bakery, Deli, and Smokehouse and farewell dinner.
Time: 3:00 PM

I've been to Brenham many times. They have a very nice historic Downtown and some beautiful countryside for cruising.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Re: BRENHAM or BUST

Postby BrianB » 09 Tue Feb, 2016 5:49 pm

Is this the weekend after the Blast?
ThunderBug Buggy
BrianB
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 09 Tue Feb, 2016 6:14 pm

You know, you may well be right about the date, Brian.

I never thought to ask Scott about that when he sent me the information.

Hopefully, he is following this thread and can respond. If not I'll get in touch with him.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby ScottR » 10 Wed Feb, 2016 9:40 pm

Bill, Bryan,

In planning this event, Brenham or Bust, we were trying to come up with a date to include a 3 day weekend. We came empty handed and came to a dead end. Then we saw the date from the Texas Manx Club events and did not want to clash with those dates from last year. The final decision on the dates came about from thinking of school events and personal preferences as well as the Texas Manx Club yearly events.

No, we did not intentionally schedule our event next to the Blast. We had no idea it would be the weekend before Brenham or Bust. I did notice that when the events for the year were finally posted that the Blast's dates were the weekend before the Brenham or Bust and that the dates were NOT confirmed. (This confirmation has just changed today.)

In talking with you in the past, Bill, I wanted to do another get together during the year, to cruise and chat it up with everyone, I had no intentions of conflicting with the other events we all love to go to and enjoy. I have all my ducks in a row and have had confirmation for about 2 months on most of the activities planned. Just recently got with the Chamber of Commerce, 3 weeks ago, and confirmed the parking lot closure for us and if needed the street closure for us in Downtown Brenham. Also the hotel is waiting for us and we are negotiating a group price. Currently it is $119. 00 per night and originally it is $139.00.

I apologise if this causes a problem for everyone but I sure hope we can all get together on BOTH occasions.

Scott
ScottR
Buggy Nut

Postby BrianB » 12 Fri Feb, 2016 4:42 pm

The issue I see is it costs a lot of money to go to these events and to have two on back to back weekends we are forced to choose one or the other. Also usually there is a day in front of that is a travel day so this puts them even closer together. I like the idea of this show as it is closer to home. However sadly I will have to choose which one to go to and miss the other. Good luck with the show and I may or may not make it. The planning looks great I might add.
ThunderBug Buggy
BrianB
Buggyholic

Postby BrianB » 24 Wed Feb, 2016 6:41 pm

I guess I can eat crow. I'll be at Indy for memorial day weekend so the Blast is out. Maybe I can make the Brenham event afterall!
ThunderBug Buggy
BrianB
Buggyholic

Postby ScottR » 25 Thu Feb, 2016 10:45 pm

We would love to have you join us, BrianB.
ScottR
Buggy Nut

Postby TXRnK2 » 03 Sun Apr, 2016 8:45 pm

If we are in town we will prob be there.
TXRnK2
Buggy Driver

Postby ScottR » 15 Sun May, 2016 5:07 pm

I hate to say, but must regretfully inform everyone that the first Brenham or Bust will not happen this year. Due to the lack of participation, lack of some buggies being ready, and possibly the conflict with the Blast.

The Brenham or Bust will happen next year at a different date. That date will be determined at a later date. I am open for suggestions or recomendations of a date that would be convenient and fun for all. Possibly July or August.

Thank you,
Scott
ScottR
Buggy Nut

Postby Bryan Porter » 15 Sun May, 2016 5:40 pm

How many buggies did you get
Bryan Porter
Buggyholic

Postby johber41 » 15 Sun May, 2016 7:56 pm

Thanks for trying so hard Faron and Scott!

John B
johber41
Buggyholic

Postby ScottR » 15 Sun May, 2016 8:16 pm

Bryan Porter wrote:How many buggies did you get

We had 5 definite which were 2 buggies, about 20+ interested, several maybes. Many, many more buggies are in the process of being built and or restored so that next year, and or other events in the future, there will be more new faces and buggies.
ScottR
Buggy Nut

Postby johber41 » 15 Sun May, 2016 8:37 pm

Maybe we can get some of those one-day events together, ex: Galveston cruise, which would spark the desire to meet more often?
johber41
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 15 Sun May, 2016 11:50 pm

Count me in on some one-day deals like John suggests.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Return to Events, Cruises, & Future Trips