Second Leakey Cruise

Discuss or propose a club event.

Moderator: Bill K

Second Leakey Cruise

Postby Bill K » 29 Tue Apr, 2014 12:11 pm

The Mechler's are meeting me in Boerne Saturday morning. We are going to do the Leakey Cruise. It's been a few years since I've run this route and hate I had to miss the Classic version.

So, for any of you who wish you had joined the Classic group, or would like the opportunity to take a really beautiful cruise, or if you did the Classic run and would like to do it again: Here's your chance.

As our Club is fond of saying: "The More the Merrier". So, if you are interested (And I hope you are) please PM me, post up, or email me and we'll work out the details.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Re: Second Leakey Cruise

Postby ScottR » 29 Tue Apr, 2014 9:40 pm

I would love to join in the fun on this cruise but I am suppose to be in Kingsland for a family wedding that day. I look forward to cruising with you at the Blast.
ScottR
Buggy Nut

Postby Bill K » 04 Sun May, 2014 3:22 pm

The Mechlers and I had a great day of cruising the Leakey Run. We left the Boerne motel at about 9:00 AM and did a 168 mile round trip to Leakey.

We made the mandatory stop at the Apple Store in Medina and the Vanderpool to Leakey run lived up to its expectations except for too many motorcycles. I mean to tell you they were everywhere. We arrived in Leakey about noon and enjoyed some lunch at the Mexican restaurant on Main Street.

Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby staggerwing » 07 Wed May, 2014 8:17 am

Thanks Bill.
We forgot our camera so I have no photos to post; sorry. Sandy took a picture or two of a big fat flat tire on the right rear of our buggy about halfway back from Leakey. Not a pretty sight to see a huge tire sitting all the way down on the ground and smelling like someone took a match to it. I didn't even notice it at first till Sandy pointed it out. I think she smelled it first! I got to do something about that front suspension so I can feel what's going on with the car better! I was ready to have Bill drive Sandy back to Boerne to get the trailer but Bill just looked at me and said "let's fix it". He dug out his emergency gear, we plugged a huge hole (dunno what was in there previously but it came out) with a tire plug, filled the steamy hot tire with air from Bill's emergency tire pump (15 psi) and back we went. Tire still looked last night when I peaked in on it. Thanks again Bill for saving the day! We had a great time! Let's do it again!!
staggerwing
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 07 Wed May, 2014 9:29 am

I've been waiting for Richard to come clean about his flat. So, here is his Dune Buggy Roadside Assistance. :D

By the way, I can't recall anyone ever having a flat on a cruise. Can anybody else remember that happening?
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Bryan Porter » 07 Wed May, 2014 3:48 pm

Nope I can't think of one maybe we need a trophy for flat tires and running out of gas!!!!
Bryan Porter
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 07 Wed May, 2014 4:37 pm

In that picture... it sure looks like you are both waiting for the other to get down and get their hands dirty first...
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Bill K » 07 Wed May, 2014 5:03 pm

What you see is me struggling with the air pump that had never been used. I struggled with it long enough to be sure Richard was the one who got his hands dirty. ;-) ;-)
Bill K
Buggyholic

Return to Events, Cruises, & Future Trips