Salado Texas

Discuss or propose a club event.

Moderator: Bill K

Salado Texas

Postby yoursurfer » 28 Sun Oct, 2012 11:22 am

I was talking with the Tourism board and they were wondering what it would take to get the Buggy blast back in Salado? The Stage Coach Inn has been sold and the new owners is currently remodeling the rooms as we speak, the golf course in being purchased by the home owners in Mill Creek, and we plan to have all 27 holes refurbished and open in mar-Apr 2013. please give us some feedback. Salado depends on tourism to survive and we won't to keep people coming to our community for years to come.
yoursurfer
Buggy Builder

Re: Salado Texas

Postby Bill K » 28 Sun Oct, 2012 10:51 pm

The biggest and deciding issue for me was the high cost of using Pace Park. It was costing us $350 plus another $100 for tables and chairs. The Blast is the only fundraising we do, and $450 was simply too much to bear.

Salado is a great town, and Pace Park was a very nice setting for our show. I liked it there, but in the end we just couldn't afford to pay out that much money for a place to hold our show.

Also, regrettably my wife said the last couple of years the shop keeps would barely greet you when you walked in, and sometimes never acknowledged your presence . She doesn't want to paint all the merchants with the same brush, but at least the ones she encountered didn't appear super friendly or glad to have someone in their store.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby yoursurfer » 29 Mon Oct, 2012 7:47 am

Well let me talk with the Tourism board in reference to the fee, the other possiblity we could most likely use the Stage Coach in for no cost. There always seemed to be a big turnout when it was in Salado, I didn't see a big turnout in Burnett and there were not many shops were open on the strip when I was there.

Bill thanks for the input, the community would really like to see the club come back
yoursurfer
Buggy Builder

Postby Bill K » 29 Mon Oct, 2012 8:06 am

I know the Packard Club held their show at the Stagecoach Inn. I don't know if they still do or not. But, when I talked to them about our show they seemed disinterested and wanted to know how many rooms we would be taking. That made it a bit difficult because we didn't want to dictate where people stayed and at the time the rooms were overpriced for the quality they offered. Perhaps things will change with new owners.

billk
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby yoursurfer » 29 Mon Oct, 2012 11:10 am

Well my wife is doing Leadership Salado and she spoke with tourisim board about the Club leaving, and they honestly love the car clubs coming. The Stage Coach currently hosts the following clubs, MG, Packard, Lincoln, Model A and Corvair. The new owner is awsome, the prior owner also owned the golf course and half the buildings in-town and wanted to see no growth or improvements. We have basically forced him to sell the golf course and the Stagecoach Inn. So we are working to turn our village around and move forward into the future. I will talk to the New Owner to see what his thoughts are, ask your members if they would want to do Stagecoach or Pace Park if when can do a better gig that meets your needs. I know the fire Chief loved the revenue they raised from the cooking as they are all volunteer without any village funding.

I want to get you guys back, I love hanging out and passing the BS. And I am still working on getting a buggy, but I gotta stop by other VW and focus.

Thanks Brian
yoursurfer
Buggy Builder

Postby yoboy » 29 Mon Oct, 2012 11:25 am

Would love to see a new rv park in Salado. Not much to chose from in the area. Thanks.
yoboy
Buggyholic

Return to Events, Cruises, & Future Trips