RIVER ROAD CRUISE

Discuss or propose a club event.

Moderator: Bill K

RIVER ROAD CRUISE

Postby Bill K » 15 Tue May, 2012 1:21 pm

This coming Saturday (May 19th) the Mechlers and Dirks are meeting me at Hwy 46 and River Road in New Braufels for a cruise. We will be cruising up River Road to Canyon Lake and then over to Hwy 32 to take Devil's Backbone to Winberley.

I know a lot of folks will be getting ready for the Monument Show, but I wanted to throw out an invitation to anyone who would like to join us for a fun day of cruising. You know how it works: The more the merrier. :) :)
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Re: RIVER ROAD CRUISE

Postby Ken » 16 Wed May, 2012 9:02 am

Thanks for the invite Bill. Y'all have a good time.
We'll be heading to Tomball on Saturday.

Looks like the weather will be perfect.
Big Shell gas station right there at that intersection.
What time are y'all thinking of meeting there?
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Bill K » 16 Wed May, 2012 9:43 am

And I wish you guys a great time in the Houston area.

We are planning to meet around 9:00 AM and our meeting place is exactly the spot (Shell Station) you mentioned. Way back in the 80's I used to enjoy cruising Rive Road in my dune buggy so this will be a trip down Memory Lane for me.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 16 Wed May, 2012 11:16 am

That is a nice cruise for sure. Can get pretty crowded, but the scenery makes up for it. If you know what I mean.

Devil's Backbone is just up the road and some of the best views of the Wimberley valley. There is a rest area along the ridge, that you can pull into for a break.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Bill K » 20 Sun May, 2012 9:48 pm

We had a great time on our River Road cruise this weekend. Good Roads, Good Weather, and Good Friends.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 21 Mon May, 2012 1:27 pm

Looks like fun for all. Right there at my door... Gotta love that Devil's Backbone view. Glad y'all made it up there. I hope I can make it next time.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Bill K » 21 Mon May, 2012 2:10 pm

Old Lady Knesek, here..............................You all KNOW I heartily approved of the COLOR SEPARATION (yellow, red, yellow) in that great pic of the River Road Cruisers. Sounds like I missed out on a load of fun------------------------again. :cry:
I want to wish you all the Best Buggy Blast ever. Sure wish we could make it. As it turns out, we were notified first thing this morning of a death in the "family" (sister's inlaw) and my sister's 50th anniv. party is off for now. Looks like we will probably be attending a funeral in Tennessee.
Wishing you all a great and memorable time in Burnet and surrounds. We're only SLIGHTLY jealous.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby staggerwing » 22 Tue May, 2012 10:17 am

Special thanks to Bill for putting this one together, leading the way during the cruise, and coming by for some good conversation. We gotta do this one again!
staggerwing
Buggyholic

Postby RobertB » 22 Tue May, 2012 5:48 pm

Sorry I missed this one, since it was right in my back yard. My bright red buggy would of surely balanced out the color scheme.

. . . .Robert
RobertB
Buggy Nut

Return to Events, Cruises, & Future Trips