East Texas-Oct 1-2

Discuss or propose a club event.

Moderator: Bill K

East Texas-Oct 1-2

Postby GregR » 07 Thu Jul, 2011 3:06 pm

Posting this for Georgi aka ET Manx: to summarize-cruise Saturday, shoot the breeze & eat Sunday

I put on a 1-day Moto Guzzi event the 1st Sunday in October, October 2 this year. I have it at Lindale's Faulkner Park on Hwy 69 between Lindale & Mineola. Riders come from all over Texas, LA, AR, OK, KS, & sometimes MO, TN & NH & other states. There is a Classic Motorcycle Rally that same weekend at Lake of the Pines near Longview, so some motorcycle groups (BMW, Ducati, Guzzi) go to that & stop off at my event on their way home on Sunday. Accommodations for my event are at Lake Fork. There is tent camping, RV pads, a motel, lodges that will sleep up to 12 people & a restaurant. The oldest rider at this event is always a man from OK. He's 88 or 89 this year & still rides his motorcycle pulling a camper all over the place!

I was wanting to see if you think anyone in the Manx Club would be interested in coming down for the weekend & staying at Lake Fork, spending Saturday on a ride, & then coming to Faulkner Park on Sunday to visit with the Guzzisti! Since they are Italian bikes, I fix a spaghetti lunch. There are usually about 60 motorcyclists there. It is a free event, except for the camping or motels. I do have donation buckets out to help with my costs! My friend makes a variety of delicious dessert breads to munch on. There's also cookies, chips, soft drinks, coffee, tea & water available all day. The pavilion is huge & surrounded by tall pines. Even on hot days, it's cool under the pavilion. There are walking trails through the woods & around the lake. There's tennis courts, volleyball courts, soccer & baseball fields. I think the motorcyclists would love to see the buggies and maybe the buggisti will enjoy seeing the bikes and meeting the Guzzisti!
ETManx
GregR
Site Admin

Re: East Texas-Oct 1-2

Postby Darringeorge314 » 29 Fri Jul, 2011 1:27 pm

If I can get my buggy finished.....my wife and I would love to make the trip. We love the area and love to tent camp. (hotel is ok also). I'm soo close on my buggy...it's driving me nuts. I only need to finish a little wiring....get the twin webbers synced up and get it street legal.
Darringeorge314
Buggy Builder

Postby David Head » 30 Sat Jul, 2011 7:17 pm

Hey Georganne, I'd love to come out Saturday, Can't make Sunday. If I had a buggy, I'd sure bring it. :D
Maroon Manx

(o\_!_/o)
David Head
Buggyholic

Postby ET Manx » 19 Mon Sep, 2011 1:50 pm

I would like to remind you & reinvite everyone to the 28th Annual Guzzi Rally, Saturday & Sunday Oct 1 & 2. Tent camping, RV pads, motel rooms & lodges are available at Lake Fork Marina: 903-765-2764 (need to reserve RV sites & motel rooms & lodges). We can cruise the East Texas countryside on Saturday afternoon. (Most of the motorcyclists won't be there Saturday afternoon, but those that are can ride in our buggies or follow along on their bikes.) Sunday will be spent at Faulkner Park on Hwy 69 between Lindale & Mineola. I'd love for you to come & show your buggys to the Guzzisti! They'd love it! This is a family friendly event. Kids & pets are welcome. Let me know if you can come. David, you can come on your Harley & drive my buggy!

Georganne
903-316-7720
georganne@suddenlink.net

Here is the official flyer:
Attachments
28th Annual GRIT Rally2.jpg
28th Annual GRIT Rally2.jpg (223.36 KiB) Viewed 3502 times
GRIT map.jpg
GRIT map.jpg (165.14 KiB) Viewed 3502 times
ET Manx
Buggy Nut

Location: Lindale, in the beautiful rolling hills of East Texas

Postby ET Manx » 26 Mon Sep, 2011 4:30 pm

This event is coming up this weekend. Anyone interested? If you don't want to come on Saturday, come Sunday to the Guzzi Rally. The spaghetti has been cooked.

There's already a guy here from Vancouver, WA. He just finished up the Four Corners Tour combined with a Three Flags Tour for the 3rd time! The Four Corners Tour is a trip around the entire US, taking pictures of certain places at the "4 Corners" - California, Washington, Maine, & Florida and must be completed within 21 days. The Three Flags Tour goes through certain places in Mexico, U.S., & Canada. He did the ride on his new Harley this time & finished the combined tour in 14 days! And you thought I was tough by driving my buggy 360 miles all the way from Lindale to Boerne! :)

I hope some of you will come to show off your "cute" buggies to these bad boy (& girl) bikers.

Georganne
ET Manx
Buggy Nut

Postby GregR » 26 Mon Sep, 2011 4:33 pm

have to work saturday but may try to make it down sunday. sounds like fun.
GregR
GregR
Site Admin

Postby JD » 26 Mon Sep, 2011 4:48 pm

Going to try and be there Sunday.
JD
Buggy Nut

Postby ET Manx » 26 Mon Sep, 2011 5:05 pm

Great! Glad y'all can make it! Faulkner Park is on the west side of Hwy 69 about 6 or 7 miles south of Hwy 80 in Mineola & 5 miles North of FM 16 in Lindale. No charge to get in.

Guzzi riders usually arrive somewhere between 8 & 10. Some will come from another rally at Lake of the Pines, some from Lake Fork Marina, & some will just get up really early & drive from wherever they live. I'll wrap things up by 2ish. Some folks may hang around later.

Bring a friend!

Georganne
ET Manx
Buggy Nut

Postby ET Manx » 30 Fri Sep, 2011 6:53 am

The Guzzi Rally is this Sunday so everyone come on over to Faulkner Park in Lindale & show 'em your buggies! 8 - 2:30ish. You'll have a fun time visiting with the Guzzi Guys & Gals! Come hungry, cuz there will be plenty of home made spaghetti & dessert breads!

Here's pictures from last year. As you can see, there is plenty of room to park bikes & buggies & a huge pavillion with lots of tables so you can relax in the shade! There's a playground for the kids too! The weather is supposed to be perfect on Sunday too!

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t184 ... 010/Rally/

Come join the fun & show off your buggies!

Georganne
ET Manx
Buggy Nut

Return to Events, Cruises, & Future Trips