10/16 Galveston Cruise

Discuss or propose a club event.

Moderator: Bill K

10/16 Galveston Cruise

Postby Mook » 15 Fri Oct, 2010 5:53 pm

Sorry this is such short notice.
Tomorrow (10/16)is my bday and I was planning on going camping with some friends but the couple in charge of booking a campsite dropped the ball.
So I wanna do somthing cool on my day off.
I think I will be taking the long route. Hwy6 to 288 to the coast and up the coast to galveston.
not 100% sure I am gonna do this but if I can find some more people up to it im in for sure.
I was thinking of leaving around 10AM and having lunch on the seawall then to the beach for pictures and donuts in the sand.
but if anyone else wants to go I can change plans no problem. just call me as soon as possible if you wanna go
281-636-8001 is my 24hr number.
If we can get more people we can even move it to sunday instead
Mook
Buggy Nut

Re: 10/16 Galveston Cruise

Postby BrianB » 16 Sat Oct, 2010 8:33 am

Sorry Ian, I am working today until? I may or may not go to 59 Diner tonight though.
ThunderBug Buggy
BrianB
Buggyholic

Postby Mook » 16 Sat Oct, 2010 6:36 pm

Well we left at about 1030 and went down the long way as stated before.
Once we got to surfside we went out on the beach and tore it up! donuts and fishtails down the beach at 30+ mph what a blast.
We headed up to galveston and ran into 2 more dune buggies on the seawall that said they had towed them there. and were just puttin around. also ran into a cool black type 1 that I did not get a chance to photograph.
I think Joes crabshack is demolished so we headed back towards surfside and got some grub. then hit the beach one more time and did non stop fishtails stop and do donuts and then more fish tails all the way down the beach for about 5 miles.
sun started to drop in the sky so time to head home.
the only thing that broke on the whole trip was the spedometer. it started making this annoying whirring noise and bounces around. oh well thats what I get for a used made in mexico spedo.
here are pics.
Mook
Buggy Nut

Postby ckolek » 16 Sat Oct, 2010 8:16 pm

nice pics... i have a speedo if you want it.
ckolek
Buggyholic

Return to Events, Cruises, & Future Trips