Colorado

Discuss or propose a club event.

Moderator: Bill K

Colorado

Postby Joe » 15 Tue Jun, 2010 8:30 am

Four days till we leave and counting down.
Joe
Buggyholic

Re: Colorado

Postby Ken » 15 Tue Jun, 2010 8:36 am

Hi Joe,
Glad you started this thread. This will be the perfect place to share your trip pictures. I am working on an email with some details for you right now.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby BrianB » 15 Tue Jun, 2010 11:07 am

You can visit Buggyman John while you're there.
ThunderBug Buggy
BrianB
Buggyholic

Postby Joe » 15 Tue Jun, 2010 1:09 pm

Hi; BrianB is he close to Durango?
Joe
Buggyholic

Postby GregR » 15 Tue Jun, 2010 1:15 pm

Johnny is here http://travelportcampground.ws/
Near Lake George, west of Colorado Springs and Woodland Park. A fairdistance north and west of Durango.
GregR
GregR
Site Admin

Postby Ken » 18 Fri Jun, 2010 4:41 pm

Hey Everyone, Joe and Missy have setup a method they can use to share their cruise to Colorado.

They will be sending pictures in real time during their trip to the album linked belwo.
They leave Saturday, so keep coming back to this post to check up on them and see what pictures they are adding.

Wish them good luck and a great time... They leave this Saturday the 19th.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ayoist/

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Bill K » 18 Fri Jun, 2010 6:37 pm

I want to wish you both a fantastic trip. You guys are embarking on a real adventure, and I have to say I envy you.

We are looking forward to reports and photos.

God Speed
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Joe » 19 Sat Jun, 2010 7:08 am

Will today is the day we will be stoping in Ennis for our first night.
Joe
Buggyholic

Postby BrianB » 19 Sat Jun, 2010 9:05 am

So you are driving the Buggy for this trip? 8-) 8-) You ought to do like Vincent did on the Samba and have a daily update with pictures and stories of the travels for the day.
ThunderBug Buggy
BrianB
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 19 Sat Jun, 2010 4:10 pm

They are off.... yes, in the buggy...

They are not taking a computer. But if you watch their album at this link often [ http://www.flickr.com/photos/ayoist/ ] you will be able to keep up with them.

We got them set up so they can text pictures with text directly to this account. So they will be using their phone camera to keep this album updated.

Come back here and check the link often to see how their doing... it should be fun for them and us.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Joe » 19 Sat Jun, 2010 10:04 pm

Hi;
We got to Ennis about 11:04 am day. Itwas a good dive up here.
Joe
Buggyholic

Postby Joe » 20 Sun Jun, 2010 8:15 pm

Hey Gang, Having troble with the text part of this. the picture of Joe with the battery booster was because he left the buggy in reverse and the back up light ran the battery down. The bug clinic just fixed it and he forgot. LOL Got a late starte today , so it was very H O T. Still in Texas couldn't go pass about 4:00 P.M. The other picture is at one of our pit stops, had to make more of them than wanted due to the heat. Can't wait to get out of Texas. Till later .
Joe
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 20 Sun Jun, 2010 10:34 pm

Joe, will your route be taking you through Gainsville, TX? If so, give a fellow Club member a call. He lives real near there. His name is Rowdy Rush and his phone number is: 580-276-3890. He'd love to hear from you.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Joe » 21 Mon Jun, 2010 9:11 pm

Hey Gang, as you can see I only sent 2 pictures today. That's because I dropped my phone and it won't take pictures or let me text. There is N O At&t stores since I dropped it. Go figurer!!!!!!!!!!!! At&t is not everywhere, by no means. I can tell you about the pictures the first one is of a sign posted at a rest stop on the other side of Amillio. This rest stop was very fancy. They have a play ground ( and not a small little Mc Dounda job) this one had the works. The second picture is of thebuilding where the information and restrooms were. I told Joe just leave me here and pick me up on the way back. You see it was v e r y cool inside and quite and it was 98 outside! He wouldn't do it ,after all who would get out and pump the gas. NOt him, so he wouldn't get far. Took other pic but they are still in phone. Hope to find a At&t store in Colo. or get a new phone at Wally World. You can't keep a Texas girl down. Later Dudes. LOL
Joe
Buggyholic

Postby blackthree4me » 22 Tue Jun, 2010 12:26 pm

most awsome trip ever
8-)
have fun, be safe we are all with ya on this one.
if it aint broke, break it then fix it
blackthree4me
Buggyholic

Postby Joe » 24 Thu Jun, 2010 4:04 pm

Hey Gang , The reason that I haven't sent some pic is u never know when u will have service. We have made it , we dare in Mesa Verde. Can u belive these people don"t have air condition! Very pretty, nice to vist , but no place like Texas!!!!!!! We took the train in Durango to Silverton and back yesterday . Will send those pictures when I have service. There are some good pic of the river and the rapids. The train was a stream engine and it was a allday trip.up the mountain ,then down. We were so tried we bartley made it to our rooms. It was cold in the a.m. and did get real warm till about 4p.m. Had to wear a jacket all day. Joe said to tell everyone if u come in the buggy, that they don"t like the mountain s It should be a trip a going down! Under till later. Take care.
Joe
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 24 Thu Jun, 2010 4:47 pm

CONGRATULATIONS: That's an awesome acheivement. We'll be anxiously awaiting your pictures.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 26 Sat Jun, 2010 9:57 am

Linda and I are thinking of going to Colorado, and taking the Buggy with us. What does Joe mean when he says Buggies don't like the mountains. Is it because of the elevation affecting the carburetion or a matter of climbing power?
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby GregR » 26 Sat Jun, 2010 11:30 am

Bill,
Mountains mean higher altitude which means less air. Less air means that your sea level tuning is way off and you'll run very rich and have a noticable loss of power.

I've heard of guys who will change carb jets as they get higher. Pretty easy in Kadrons or Webers. Not sure about the Pict carb though, would the idle adjust screws alone have enough latitude to compensate for altitude?
GregR
GregR
Site Admin

Postby Joe » 26 Sat Jun, 2010 9:01 pm

Hi Gang, Finally got off the mountain and got service. will try to send more pictures as soon as can. If my A T & T phone will work . The buggy had a hard time going up the mountain because of lost of power. Thin air , so u will need to adjust things. Had to go in 3rd grear going up. On the way home , going down mountain we hit hail and rain. The temp dropped to 40 . Guess what hail hurts!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The people around here said that was normal. Going to hit more rain on to trindad, so we are going to be cold and wet again. Very pretty up here ,BUT I'm ready to complain about the heat, LOL If the pictures don't go thur ,I'll post when we get home on Tuesday nite. See u later.
Joe
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 29 Tue Jun, 2010 12:54 pm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ayoist/

Wow, what a trip, huh? Great pictures Joe and Missy. Thanks for keeping us involved in your trip and hope you make it home tonight safe and sound.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Aquabuggy » 29 Tue Jun, 2010 8:12 pm

Cool trip! Thanks for sharing the pics.
My name is Chris and well I'm a buggy-aholic

04 Aqua buggy - sold
72 Orange buggy - sold
72 Green longbody - aka Shrek http://texasmanxclub.com/bboard/viewtopic.php?t=1082
68 Manx - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2509
Aquabuggy
Buggyholic

Postby Joe » 29 Tue Jun, 2010 9:00 pm

Well we got home today at 12:24pm. had a good time. all you should try along trip in your buggy's .

joe
Joe
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 29 Tue Jun, 2010 9:07 pm

Hi Joe, glad you made it home safely. Sure have enjoyed your pictures. Thanks, but not sure I'll be planning this trip any time soon in the rail..
Ken
Site Admin

Postby staggerwing » 30 Wed Jun, 2010 11:13 am

Dang that sounds like fun! Get that phone fixed and keep the photos coming, we are sitting on pins and needles waiting fer the updates! Good luck and happy cruising!
staggerwing
Buggyholic

Return to Events, Cruises, & Future Trips