Mardi Gras Parade, Jefferson, Texas

Discuss or propose a club event.

Moderator: Bill K

Mardi Gras Parade, Jefferson, Texas

Postby wildthang » 11 Sun Jan, 2009 5:19 pm

Krewe Of HEBE

Proudly Celebrates
:lol: " 20 YEARS OF MARDI GRAS UPRIVER " :lol: Jefferson, TX.
FEB 20 - 22 , 2009

I would like to extend an invitation to any and all that may be interested in participating in this years parade. Line up for the Parade will be at 10:00 AM Sat morning, Parade time 2:00 PM. Judging will be performed between 10-2 PM. I have entered us as a group representing the TMC. We are encouraged to dress and decorate the buggies for this event plus we can throw beads, cups or deblumes, candy is not allowed. Like I say this is an invite to all. Please put this on your calender. Plus give me a reply ASAP so I can get a head count and we can find out if anyone wants to order beads in bulk for a discount ;-)
If you've never been to Jefferson, there is plenty more to see and do that weekend than just the parade. You won't be disappointed. Anyone needing motel info I can help you with whatever your needs are.

Thank You
Ray and Family
Last edited by wildthang on 11 Sun Jan, 2009 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wildthang

parade

Postby Manx34 » 11 Sun Jan, 2009 5:48 pm

We will be there with bells on. We are looking forward to having a weekend out. Go ahead and get us some beads.
Jimmy, Donna and Cody
Manx34
Buggy Builder

Postby Texasbuggys » 11 Sun Jan, 2009 8:33 pm

Man that one sounds like a blast, wished we coud make it but too busy getting cars out and ready for the spring.
Get your new short or long body, custom chassis, show cages, bumpers and accessories at http://www.texasbuggys.com

E-Mail Texasbuggys@suddenlink.net or call 361-218-6272
Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

Postby wildthang » 11 Sun Jan, 2009 8:43 pm

All work and no play and you will grow old and grumpy fast. Come on its just one weekend . I think Brian P. is going to try and come up. And Sabre if you read this there is plenty of shopping. Sorry Bobby. :oops:
wildthang

Postby Texasbuggys » 11 Sun Jan, 2009 9:19 pm

Ouch ur killing me! Hey, just picked up my copy of Hot VW's magazine and seen the big red "High Life" buggy picture in color from the Arkansas Show! Great job to the both of you guys on that buggy! And thanks for showing what can be done with a body kit made in Texas!
Get your new short or long body, custom chassis, show cages, bumpers and accessories at http://www.texasbuggys.com

Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

Mardi Gras

Postby Joe » 11 Sun Jan, 2009 9:58 pm

Ok Folks, how do you decorate your buggy's. If someone has a photo please post it so we can see some of them. Also what are the costumes like? Are there any ideas as to how we could dress?
Joe
Buggyholic

Postby wildthang » 12 Mon Jan, 2009 9:10 am

Usually, most people just dress up in typical Mardi Gras costume such as colorful masks or jester hats. And the colors for Mardi Gras are purple, green and gold. As to how to decorate your buggy, we use garland or tinsel and even some lights, and this to can be in the Mardi Gras colors.
Here are a couple pics from previous parades:
[img][img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j302/wildthangbuggy/doodah02.jpg[/img][/img]
[img][img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j302/wildthangbuggy/mardi58.jpg[/img][/img]

Hope this helps. You can also look on Jefferson Texas Mardi Gras website for ideas.
http://www.mardigrasupriver.com/index.htm
wildthang

Postby yoboy » 14 Wed Jan, 2009 6:46 pm

Thanks for posting the invitation to the parade.

We are planning on coming, just let us know the place and time to meet up with everyone.
yoboy
Buggyholic

Postby wildthang » 14 Wed Jan, 2009 10:44 pm

Hey Billy glad to hear y"all will be able to make it. As soon as I get a firm head count I will choose a meeting place depending on how much parking is needed. Billy do you know if you and Gloria will be needing any beads. Looks like i can order 60 dozen for $40.00 a case . I can order a couple cases depending on how many everyone would like. If any one else would like any beads or decorations let me know I will try to help we have plenty of local stores. Any one arriving on Friday we can get together and go to the mardi gras store then if you would like?
wildthang

Postby Bryan Porter » 15 Thu Jan, 2009 9:42 am

Sorry guys but it dosn't look like we will be able to make it.
That time of year is real busy time of year you know tax
time people have down payments and buy a lot lf cars at
that time. So I will be making hay wile the sun shines.
Take a lot of pics.
Bryan Porter
Buggyholic

Hey Wildthang

Postby Texasbuggys » 15 Thu Jan, 2009 5:56 pm

Ray your package should be there. Have a good time!

Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

Postby Russhebert » 15 Thu Jan, 2009 6:19 pm

Looks like we will be coming if nothing comes up beyond our control and we will need beads if you are willing to get them.As for how many I have no clue.
Russhebert
Buggy Nut

Postby wildthang » 15 Thu Jan, 2009 9:31 pm

:) Bobby your the 8-) "MAN" 8-) got it and looks great will get some pictures THANKS SO MUCH !!!!
wildthang

Postby Texasbuggys » 15 Thu Jan, 2009 9:34 pm

Glad ya liked! Thanks again guys and good luck!

Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 17 Sat Jan, 2009 11:19 am

Hey Ray, thanks for letting us know about the parade. Sounds really neat, and I'm just sorry we have to miss it. Something planned earlier is going to get in the way.

Hope everyone has a fantastic time, and the rest of us will be looking forward to lots of photos.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby wildthang » 17 Sat Jan, 2009 10:03 pm

;-) Hey Bill , sorry to hear you won't make it :cry: But we do understand we went shopping today with Jimmy and Donna and we are expecting to have a great time will post pictures after the parade so you won't totally miss out.
wildthang

Postby Russhebert » 18 Sun Jan, 2009 10:17 am

Ray I want to say I am noy going to make the parade. I did not look at my fishing schedule when I said we were going to be there but low an behold that is fishing weekend. I would cancel but I allready have a place to stay for the trip, but I do want to thank you for the invite. I allways hate when I have to miss a time to be with good friends, so hope you have fun and we will miss you. If you bought us any beads and you have no use for them we will still buy them no problem.
Russhebert
Buggy Nut

Mardi Gra

Postby Manx34 » 18 Sun Jan, 2009 12:50 pm

We can't believe you give up a weekend with good buggy friends to go spend the weekend with a bunch of fish. Ha! Ha! Sorry you can't make it and we will miss you and Christie. We had such a great time at the toy run and the Christmas parade that we looking forward to the great company. Hope to see yall soon for some more great fun.
Jimmy, Donna and Cody
Manx34
Buggy Builder

Postby wildthang » 19 Mon Jan, 2009 4:07 pm

Hey, Donna
I'm in agreement with you. Who wants to spend all day with some stinky fish :lol: instead of cruisin' with the best !!! You know what they say - "Fishin' is for those who don't know how to buggy cruise !" 8-)

P.S. We won't hold it against you THIS time Russell !! :P
wildthang

Postby wildthang » 21 Wed Jan, 2009 7:03 pm

Thought I would like to let everyone know this is an invitation for all. Just need to get a head count don't want to leave anybody out and they tell others they are upset that they weren't invited. Neal, JD , Johhny, any of your crew interested ?? Last call, need to get things in order.
wildthang

Postby CoryN » 21 Wed Jan, 2009 8:13 pm

I look forward to the day I have a running buggy. This kind of stuff will be a hoot :D
CoryN
Buggyholic

Postby JD » 11 Wed Feb, 2009 7:51 pm

Sorry to wait so long to reply. Linda and I will be there... Save us a spot.. Thanks JD
JD
Buggy Nut

Postby wildthang » 11 Wed Feb, 2009 8:37 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :D Will be glad to have you along with us. We thought y'all hibernated to Fla. or something . Didn't hear from ya. Better late than never !! ;-) ;-)

PS. Do you need beads to throw? 8-)
wildthang

Postby JD » 12 Thu Feb, 2009 8:26 am

No thanks on the beads. My ever thoughtful, loving Linda has thought of everything....
JD
Buggy Nut

Postby BuggymanJohn » 12 Thu Feb, 2009 6:38 pm

Loretta and I will be there also. Maybe Nick and Sharon Decker. Yes we will need some beads.
BuggymanJohn
Buggy Nut

Postby yoboy » 17 Tue Feb, 2009 8:36 pm

Ray,

We have been invited to show our buggy at the Limbs for Life charity event at the Dallas Trade Mart on Saturday night so we won't be able to make the parade.

We hope everyone has a great time at the parade!

Billy
yoboy
Buggyholic

Postby wildthang » 20 Fri Feb, 2009 11:10 am

For those of you attending the parade in Jefferson, here is the info on where we will be parking and unloading our trailers.
Jefferson Body Shop
206 St. John Street (HWY 49)

We will go from there to the parade line-up, which we have to be in line at 10:00. If you have any questions, you can give Ray a call on his cell.

See y'all there !!!!!!

Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulez !!!!!
wildthang

Postby GregR » 22 Sun Feb, 2009 6:21 pm

How did the parade go? It looked like you might have had some rain..
Any pictures?
GregR
GregR
Site Admin

Postby Bryan Porter » 26 Thu Feb, 2009 3:56 pm

I'm with Greg share with us working stiffs and show us some pics
PPPLLEEASE!!!!!
Bryan Porter
Buggyholic

Postby GregR » 02 Mon Mar, 2009 5:44 pm

Got some pictures from BuggyManJohn over the weekend..

http://photobucket.com/mardigrasbuggies2009

for the album
and here's a few for fun

GregR
GregR
Site Admin

Postby Texasbuggys » 02 Mon Mar, 2009 5:53 pm

looked like a great time! And that almost looks like rain, boy we only wished we could see some!

Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

Postby Bryan Porter » 02 Mon Mar, 2009 7:53 pm

THX wish we were there hope to see you soon.
Bryan Porter
Buggyholic

Return to Events, Cruises, & Future Trips