New open forum for the 2009 VW Classic April 18 and 19

Discuss or propose a club event.

Moderator: Bill K

New open forum for the 2009 VW Classic April 18 and 19

Postby Texasbuggys » 11 Sun Jan, 2009 1:59 pm

Ok folks lets get this one going here so all info relating to the Classic only is under this topic including accomadations, link to event and where you will be staying and on what dates. Thanks

Here is where we are staying

We are staying here for the classic, coming in on the 16th and checking out on the 19th. I asked them to list the Texas Manx Club so when you call reference it and they will try to get us all together. $98 a night for a room with two queen beds. 830.997.2185

http://www.mycountryinn.com/motel.html
Get your new short or long body, custom chassis, show cages, bumpers and accessories at http://www.texasbuggys.com

E-Mail Texasbuggys@suddenlink.net or call 361-218-6272
Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 01 Sun Mar, 2009 10:13 am

Our plan is to drive our rail, but of course weather could change this thought. We are only about 60 miles, with a nice back road route from Wimberley through Blanco.

We will leave Saturday morning, nice and early. We have a room booked at the Motel6 in town for Saturday night.

This is our first visit to the classic. We are a little apprehensive about this being a "family" event after some of the stories from last year. But we are eager to get the car out and see our Manx club friends.

Any way, that's our plan, highly dependent on weather and more importantly "the wife".

So does the Manx club plan a schedule or meeting places for this event, or is it more of chasing each other down when we pass on the road thingy?
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Aquabuggy » 01 Sun Mar, 2009 11:47 am

Hey Ken, Glad to see y'all will be going to the classic it really is an awesome event with 300+ VWs in attendance.
Don't let the stories from last year scare you, we didn't see any of that stuff it all happened after dark and only involved a few a$$holes that gave the show a black eye.

Last year we meet up at the Sonic on Friday night Im sure well do something like that again this year.
If ya wanna go on a nice cruise just fallow Bill K. or Bryan P. they both know the area very well. We went on a real nice little cruise with Bill last year he took us to all the good spots.
My name is Chris and well I'm a buggy-aholic

04 Aqua buggy - sold
72 Orange buggy - sold
72 Green longbody - aka Shrek http://texasmanxclub.com/bboard/viewtopic.php?t=1082
68 Manx - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2509
Aquabuggy
Buggyholic

Postby Bryan Porter » 02 Mon Mar, 2009 11:37 am

KEN take fri. off too we will cruise fri. ,fri night,and sat.
Bryan Porter
Buggyholic

Postby David Head » 02 Mon Mar, 2009 1:35 pm

I sure wish I could come this year. This will be the first one that we have missed.
We really look forward to the Cruises. And the hanging out at Sonic. Don't forget to make Willows City Loop.

That Friday is Senior night at the baseball game.Edie would kill me if I elected to miss it.

Well, there is always next year.
Maroon Manx

(o\_!_/o)
David Head
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 02 Mon Mar, 2009 3:46 pm

Bryan Porter wrote:KEN take fri. off too we will cruise fri. ,fri night,and sat.

Would love too, but kids got school on Friday. We'll think about how we can get started earlier and maybe hookup for a Friday night cruise, but for sure Saturday.

I had problems finding a room. I booked the Motel 6 for Saturday, but the wife was not too thrilled about that. Since we are fairly close, I expect we will just commute.

Ken
Ken
Site Admin

VW Classic

Postby Joe » 02 Mon Mar, 2009 4:03 pm

I well be staying at Sunset In comeing in the 17-20.
I plan to drive the buggy.
Joe
Buggyholic

Postby Bryan Porter » 02 Mon Mar, 2009 4:45 pm

Motel 6 is brand newand I'm staying at inn on beron creek
right across the street
Bryan Porter
Buggyholic

Postby Jack Duncan » 03 Tue Mar, 2009 12:19 am

I will go to Fredericksburg in my truck because my buggy won't be ready in time. I plan to go up on Saturday morning. Will I miss you guys if I come up early? :?:
White Bandit
Jack Duncan
Buggyholic

Postby Bryan Porter » 04 Wed Mar, 2009 9:27 am

Come on Jack you have a lot of time get to work you can do it!!!!!!!!
Bryan Porter
Buggyholic

Postby Jack Duncan » 04 Wed Mar, 2009 3:57 pm

I am certainly trying to finish, and lately I have been keeping some late hours working on it. Progress is being made, buts its slow. :)
White Bandit
Jack Duncan
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 06 Fri Mar, 2009 7:44 pm

Ken, and Joe, I'm sure glad to hear you are coming, and David, I'm sorry to hear you and Edie aren't going to make it this year. You guys will sure be missed.

If all goes well, I'm coming in Thursday afternoon/evening, so if anyone is there Thursday, please look me up. I'll either be camping at Lady Bird Park or staying at Sunset where Joe is staying.

Sometime before the event, we will hopefully all post up our cell numbers so we can connect with each other. That is, we'll do it if Murzi won't post the list on comfort stop bathroom walls like he threatened to do last year. :lol: :lol:

It's great countryside for cruising so I'm planning on doing as much as I can.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Anybody have two open seats for the cruze ?

Postby Texasbuggys » 29 Sun Mar, 2009 9:21 pm

We have changed our plans so we can get a little more work done on the buggy builds so we will not be coming in early as originally planned and the wife has craft show she will be attended so me and my youngest son will be coming in early Sat morning and staying overnight to Sunday. So if anybody has two open seats for the cruze let me know as we would love to ride along buggy style and will not be bringing ours this trip. Thanks
Get your new short or long body, custom chassis, show cages, bumpers and accessories at http://www.texasbuggys.com

Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

Postby Aquabuggy » 29 Sun Mar, 2009 9:36 pm

Bobby, Ive got one open seat or heck I may have three it can be difficult to pull the wife and kid out of the jelly shop. They think they need to try them all. :roll: :roll: I think that's there favorite part of the VW classic weekend.
My name is Chris and well I'm a buggy-aholic

04 Aqua buggy - sold
72 Orange buggy - sold
72 Green longbody - aka Shrek http://texasmanxclub.com/bboard/viewtopic.php?t=1082
68 Manx - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2509
Aquabuggy
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 29 Sun Mar, 2009 11:25 pm

Has anyone driven Ranch Rd. 1631 & 2721 from Frecericksburg to Johnson City? It is north of, and parallel to US 290.

It looks like it could be a nice cruise route, but I don't know anything about it's surface or condition.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Chris W

Postby Texasbuggys » 30 Mon Mar, 2009 7:38 am

We will take one spot of two if ya have them and can help ya with getting the trailer to and from the event area if needed. I think Bryan and Chris K wifes maybe doing the same thing, shopping.

Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

Postby Russhebert » 30 Mon Mar, 2009 5:43 pm

I will be coming down on thursday but my wounderfull wife will not be coming because of a minor surgury. I will need to hook up with someone so I can have someone to show me around. I will also have a seat available for the cruises. My cell number is 817-713-3503. Hope to see everyone and by the way I am not going to a bass tournament at Lake Fork so I can be with my friends.
Russhebert
Buggy Nut

Postby Bill K » 31 Tue Mar, 2009 9:45 am

Russell, I'm also planning on coming in Thursday. I'm staying at the Sunset Inn on Adams street (also Hwy 16 to Lady Bird Park). I think Joe and Missy are are also staying there, but not coming in till Friday.

I hate to hear about Christie's surgery :cry: . She's a great gal and a lot of fun, so she will be missed. Please wish her well. Unfortunately, Linda won't be able to make this trip either

The motel # is 800-880-9581 and my cell is 713-816-5586. Maybe we (and any other buggyheads) can link up Thursday evening and "Drag Main" and have dinner together. I know Rowdy from Okla. is coming in Wednesday and should be there also.

Friday morning after breakfast I'm planning to take a cruise either to Medina via Kerrille or to Johnson City via some Ranch Roads. I checked with Txdot and was told those roads to Johnson City are all paved and in good condition.

Anyone else that has an interest is invited, just let me know. The more the merrier.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Bryan Porter » 31 Tue Mar, 2009 10:26 am

We will be there fri. about 1200 I will give you a call when we land.
Bryan Porter
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 31 Tue Mar, 2009 2:35 pm

Call me when you get there, Bryan.

Hey Russ,
You can't say that bass fishing would be more fun than this:

Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Texasbuggys » 31 Tue Mar, 2009 3:47 pm

No there is a crowd! Fine group we are!

Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

Postby ckolek » 31 Tue Mar, 2009 4:35 pm

im still waiting for my food... :lol: :lol:
ckolek
Buggyholic

Postby Texasbuggys » 31 Tue Mar, 2009 5:45 pm

lol, yep, thought you were going to judo chop someone!

Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

Postby blackthree4me » 03 Fri Apr, 2009 12:17 pm

is that a cut out in the back that you can stand behind?
it looks like a guy huging his Cow ? :shock:
what is it with that town? :P
if it aint broke, break it then fix it
blackthree4me
Buggyholic

Anyone going to Classic take side pods for me

Postby Rick Leddon » 16 Thu Apr, 2009 7:31 am

I need to get a set of sidepods from Dallas to the Classic. Can anyone help. I won't be able to go, I'm working. Please call if you have any ideas.

Thanks
Rick
214 403 1480
Rick Leddon
Buggy Nut

Postby CoryN » 16 Thu Apr, 2009 7:58 am

Rick - I'm planning on going to the classic and taking my truck. I can help you out.

Cory
CoryN
Buggyholic

Postby Rick Leddon » 16 Thu Apr, 2009 4:03 pm

Cory:

Thanks, can I get your phone # or can you call me. I'll get them over to you. I have to go to Ft. Worth to get them in the morning and to you.

Again thanks for the help.

Rick
214 403 1480
Rick Leddon
Buggy Nut

Postby Bill K » 17 Fri Apr, 2009 11:15 am

Reporting to you live from Fredericksburg: A storm cell moved through this morning with heavy rain and light marble sized hail. It' now moved NE of us and there is actually a glimmer of blue sky now and then.

Bryan just got into town, and I, Russell, Rowdy, and Billy got here yesterday.

If the streets dry off, and the radar looks decent, I'll be climbing into the buggy to at least cruise around town and try to link up with some of the other buggy folks in town.

In spite of the crummy weather forecast, who is still coming?
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby CoryN » 17 Fri Apr, 2009 11:17 am

I'm leaving early early tomorrow morning. Hope to be there mid-morning. If its raining, where is everyone going to be?

Cory
CoryN
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 17 Fri Apr, 2009 11:23 am

Right now there is no telling where we will be since it's all dependent on the weather. Try to link up with us by cell. Mine is 713-816-5586, Bryan is: 713-252-9108, and Rowdy is: 214-244-5695.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Jack Duncan » 17 Fri Apr, 2009 11:37 am

Hey Bill,
I just finished the buggy but haven't done the tune-up. I need the inspection sticker and insurance, so I won't be bringing it to the Classic. I know I will be jealous of you guys that have yours finished and on the road. I just needed another couple of days. The weather predictions are severe thunderstorms until Saturday afternoon, so maybe not being done is really a blessing since I don't have a trailer (Yet). I'll see you guys tomorrow. :)
White Bandit
Jack Duncan
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 17 Fri Apr, 2009 11:50 am

Austin area forecast is for the back of the storm line to be moving through Austin mid day tomorrow and nothing but sunny skies behind it. Should be nothing but sun the rest of the weekend... We hope.

Ken
Ken
Site Admin

Postby GregR » 19 Sun Apr, 2009 7:35 pm

What a great day for a show!!! The weather was perfect, a little cool in the morning but a beautiful sunny day all day. Now, Thursday, Friday and part of Saturday it was more like monsoon season, complete with hail down here. Saturday afternoon cruises were excellent as always

Great show again from Steve and the Texas Clubs.

Let's see if I get the winners right.

People's Choice "Star Wars" winner was Raymond Tuthill.

1st place Manx Type, Raymond Tuthill
3rd Place Ray Tuthill

People's Choice "Color Purple" and 2nd Place Type 3 was Patrick and Lori Armstrong with their new..purple, Type 3

Congratulations to all. See everyone in Salado.
GregR
GregR
Site Admin

Postby CoryN » 19 Sun Apr, 2009 7:40 pm

Guess they'll be moving us to the other side of the creek next year ;-)
CoryN
Buggyholic

Postby Texasbuggys » 19 Sun Apr, 2009 8:28 pm

Third place from 15 in his class sand rail was the 4 seater turbo air bagged buggy of Richard Janecka from Victoria, first time showing it.

Congradulations to all the winners and boy did we enjoy the event.

Special thanks to a few folks, Russell H., Chris W. and Richard J. for some great buggy rides for my son and me. Thanks guys! Also to Ray and Raymond for show casing what somebody with lots of talent, time can do with a fiberglass buggy project. Thank you guys for representing the club and Texasbuggys bodies kits, it amazes me everytime I see it and it surely deserves to be a magazine buggy!

Thanks to Cory for some parts swapping we did and glad ya like the led tail lights, can't wait to see them light up on that buggy!

Greg R. for delivering some parts to me from way up North a big thanks.

A really big thanks to Steve Chamberlain and everyone involved in putting on what as rapidly become the Texas event!

And finally a thanks to everyone in this club! I said it over and over again this weekend, we have some very outstanding individuals in our group and I really enjoy getting to see and visit with each and everyone of ya. Bill K. and Ray T. I have something for you guys and sorry I missed ya when we headed out.

Lastly Chris K. we missed ya boyee! But while we were goofing off did ya find anymore treasure in that weekend job for me!!! I was nice and did not take a picture of the camels we seen this time!

Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

Postby Vee Dub Nut » 19 Sun Apr, 2009 9:52 pm

What a beautiful day for a car show...

We enjoyed getting to see and visit with everyone again. Seeing all the buggies again sure didn't help my buggy fever ;-)

See yall at the blast!
Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2006

1967 Beetle
19?? Buggy (Someday hopefully... unless I sell it too LOL)
2000 GTi
Vee Dub Nut
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 19 Sun Apr, 2009 10:26 pm

Amen, Adam.
I thoroughly enjoyed getting to visit with all my buggy friends. What a great bunch of folks you are.

That even includes Bryan who managed to get us run out of Luckenbach, and just when we were starting to have fun. :lol: :lol:

Cory can you post up your Luckenbach photo(s)?.

A big thanks to Richard J. for getting a bunch of boxes of pizza and bringing them to the show for all to share. That was mighty gracious.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby CoryN » 20 Mon Apr, 2009 7:00 am

Bill - look for troublemakers in Luckenbach thread
CoryN
Buggyholic

Return to Events, Cruises, & Future Trips