Great Weekend

2020 Labor Day Weekend
September 4, 5 & 6
Kerrville, Texas

Moderator: Ken

Great Weekend

Postby Ken » 07 Mon Sep, 2020 7:55 pm

First, hope everyone has made it home safely. We did. Delia and I we're saying we can't every recall such a bitter sweet buggy event.

Please keep our fallen comrades (sorry) in mind and heart and Heath stop faking it so your mom will let you sleep in the house.

Sandy, DANG! You just keep moving the bar up. Thank you for all the hardwork and creativity. We had a wonderful time most certainly because of you.

And no breakdowns or major mishaps. Thank you almighty.

Some of you asked about distances.
Medina loop (Saturday am) - 70 miles
Spaghetti Run (Saturday pm) - 35 miles
Harper/Just Passing By loop (Sunday am) - 85 miles
Chihuahua dodge run (Sunday pm) - 15 miles
Turkey Creek Loop (Monday am) - 30 miles

I'm kind of sorry we didn't get to Turkey Creek with more buggys. It was a good ride.

Well with no breakdowns Richard is now the not so proud holder of the Doom Buggy award. I think it's more appropriate to say congratulations to Bob for being able to pass it on. But let's not forget to say thanks to Richard for playing.

I'll get a few more pics up in time and maybe a dance video some may like.
Ken
Site Admin

Re: Great Weekend

Postby Bill K » 08 Tue Sep, 2020 10:38 am

I want to whole heartily thank Sandy and Ken for continuing the Roundup Tradition in such a wonderful fashion. Speaking from experience, and knowing Rick and Cyndi will agree, a lot goes into putting an event together. But your efforts gave us another memorable time together.

I'm confident I speak for all when I say as small-town newspapers are apt to say after every story: "And a Good Time Was Had by All"
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Dave W » 09 Wed Sep, 2020 1:47 pm

Wow - what a great weekend in Kerrville. Many people to thank so here it goes.....

1. Thanks to Sandy, Richard, and Ken for pulling together an awesome event!

2. Thanks to Ken and Delia for lunch on Friday!

3. Thanks to Bryan and Billy for the nice gifts at the Friday meeting & greet. I will put them to good use!

4. Thanks to Keith for introducing me to the "Deacon"!

5. Thanks to all who push started me over the weekend. Still do not know what is wrong other than it is not the battery.

6. Thanks to Shannon, Heath, and Heath's Mom and Step Dad for an awesome lunch on Saturday!!!

7. Thanks to Rick and Cyndi for lunch on Sunday!

8. Thanks Cyndi for being such an awesome dance partner. I'm signing us up for the "So You Think You Can Dance" TV show. I don't think we can dance. I know we can dance!!!

9. Thanks to Bill for purchasing $25,000 of cedar posts from Phillips Timber LLC. It saved my job! Please send me the check right away. The boss man is on my ass regarding the payment. Posts are on the truck and ready to roll!

10. Thanks to Danny and Mary Ann for settling our lawsuit for $800,000 over the next 2 years. As with Bill, please send the initial $400,000 funds right away! The next $400,000 will be due on Jan 1, 2021.

I apologize if I left anyone out.
Dave W
Buggy Nut

Postby lykos60 » 16 Wed Sep, 2020 7:17 pm

As usual we had a great time ,thanks to all who planned this out.
lykos60
Buggy Dude

Postby Bill K » 27 Sun Sep, 2020 10:23 pm

9. Thanks to Bill for purchasing $25,000 of cedar posts from Phillips Timber LLC. It saved my job! Please send me the check right away. The boss man is on my ass regarding the payment. Posts are on the truck and ready to roll!

Mr. Slick Salesman Dave,
I thought I had explained it all to you. I made a huge mistake in agreeing to purchase that $25,000 worth of cedar posts. I clearly told you I did that on impulse without remembering I have to get the Wife's approval for any purchase I make above $5. Can you just imagine the fate awaiting me if I came home and told Linda I had bought that many dollars worth of posts without her approval. And this would have come right at the time she has been considering upping my limit to $10. You have to understand, I have been waiting for years to get to $10.

If you recall, as a goodwill gesture I offered to pay a restocking fee. For every week I don't spend $5 she gives me $5 to save. So, I have accumulated some savings. But when you hit me with a 75% restocking fee I was shocked. And, while I know you said your were generously giving me the "Family Rate", I just don't have that much saved up.

So, as the saying goes: "You Can't Get Blood Out of a Turnip". That means you are just going to have to keep the posts and face the consequences with your hard-driving Boss. If that means loosing your job, then so be it. I'm sure you'll be able to find gainful employment at some low-rent used car lot.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby staggerwing » 09 Fri Oct, 2020 11:46 am

Nice!
staggerwing
Buggyholic

Return to Roundup XIV