Save the Texas Dune Buggy Rally at the Capitol

Information and links to the sites that are keeping us updated on the efforts related to fixing the Texas Administrative Code Section 217.3

Moderator: admin

Save the Texas Dune Buggy Rally at the Capitol

Postby Faron » 13 Thu Sep, 2018 10:50 am

October the 25th, 2018! Please save that date on your calendar, we will need a LARGE attendance to make an IMPACT! Save the Texas Dune Buggy, Sandrail, & Kitcar will be hosting a Rally on the South Lawn of the Texas State Capitol Building October 25th, 2018. We will start setting up at 9:00 AM, Start Time is 10:00 AM, & we will end promptly at 11:00 AM. Rep. Dan Flynn was generous enough to Sponsor the event. Invitations will be sent out to Legislators, as well as the Press.
We are not sure how many vehicles will be able to park along the street adjacent street but will know more later, we have a logistics meeting planned for Tuesday the 18th. If you would like to be one of the vehicles please let me know. If possible it would be nice to have a minimum of 1 representation from each, a Dune Buggy, a Sandrail, and a Kitcar. (Possibly more) If you would like to have your vehicle on display, please let me know. We will make the selection as we know more.
We will also have the Microphone for about an hour, please get in touch if you would like a portion of that time. The speech cannot be political, and your speech will need to be approved before you receive time.
October 25th, 2018 is a Thursday, and we understand that is not a convenient day of any week. But a Rally like this needs to be during the week, and when we feel there are a lot of Legislators in town. Not all of the details have been ironed out as of this moment, but we wanted to get the information out there in order to give people enough time to plan.
We are already working on making this not just a Rally, but also a fun event with cruises and a Get-Together or two. More information will be posted as we iron out the details.
WE HAVE GOT TO HAVE AS MANY PEOPLE AT THIS EVENT AS WE CAN, OR THIS WILL BE A WASTED EFFORT!
To stay in the know, head over to https://www.facebook.com/groups/Savethe ... =bookmarks
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Re: Save the Texas Dune Buggy Rally at the Capitol

Postby Faron » 16 Sun Sep, 2018 11:36 pm

Mike Dario the President of the Manx Club from LA. California & Caleb Goodin from Seatle, WASHINGTON have each committed to being here for the Rally with their Dune Buggies. I sure hope that we can get a LARGE Group of Texans to join us. I'm telling you, we have got to show up in big numbers or this all will be a wasted effort!
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 18 Tue Sep, 2018 7:16 pm

We have some exciting news about the October 25th, Save the Texas Dune Buggy, Sandrail, and Kitcar Rally, that will be held on the South Steps of the Texas State Capitol Building in Austin. BRUCE & WINNIE MEYERS will be in attendance, & I have asked if Bruce would take the Mic for a little while. Now you have an even bigger reason to come and join us! A HUGE THANK YOU to the Manx Club for Sponsoring their flights & club Member for Sponsoring their Hotel Room!
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 24 Mon Sep, 2018 11:48 am

I have intentions to attend this get together at the Capital in Austin.
Anyone else from the group planning or thinking about going?

Faron, is there anything planned after the Capital setup, i.e.... lunch? If possible, let us know where and when, so we can plan or routes and such appropriately.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Bill K » 24 Mon Sep, 2018 8:39 pm

I'm tentatively planning on it.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Bryan Porter » 24 Mon Sep, 2018 9:14 pm

I will be there hopefully spend the night so I can spend the afternoon with mr. Bruce Myers and Mike Dario
Bryan Porter
Buggyholic

Postby johber41 » 24 Mon Sep, 2018 10:23 pm

Good luck you guys with the rally! Sorry that Karen and I are not able to attend. We will be in metro Detroit until November.
johber41
Buggyholic

Postby Heathwerner » 25 Tue Sep, 2018 9:34 pm

Shannon and I will be there showing our support. Hope to see as many of you there as possible.
Heathwerner
Buggy Nut

Postby ScottR » 12 Fri Oct, 2018 4:36 pm

Things are almost completed with ALL the plans. There will be 2 cruises lined up. There is 1 Thursday after the rally and 1 for Friday.

One cruise is about 4 to 6 hours through the entire hill country West of Austin with many stops to shake your legs, go to the restroom, and eat.

The second cruise is about 2 1/2 hours through East of Austin with two stops to relax and eat.

As you know, we would need a head count in order to solidify the accommodations for eating, so please let us know how many.

Thank you.
ScottR
Buggy Nut

Postby Faron » 20 Sat Oct, 2018 11:56 am

Most of you know about the Rally on Thursday, October 25th, 2018. We hope to see many of your faces at the Rally. While we understand that life gets in the way, work gets in the way, etc... It is VERY IMPORTANT that as many people as possible attend this Rally. Not only the Hobby that we love in Texas but across the nation in general. As the saying goes... Once Texas goes, so does the nation.

An invitation has been sent to every single Legislator, as well as many members in the media to join us at the Rally. While we have diligently worked to make sure each knows about the issue. The reason for the Rally is to ensure that all who attend understand that there is a large number of us that feel this is an important issue. As it has been stated many times before we have people that are coming in from all over the nation to attend this Rally. At 92 years old Bruce Meyers will be here with his wife Winnie. He is charged up about the issue, and ready to do all he can to help! This is your opportunity to meet Bruce & Winnie in person, as well as enjoy some time with him. John Mickle from Berrien Buggies out of Pennsylvania will also be here to talk as well. Scott Reuter has planned two beautiful drives for after the Rally, so I suggest that you join us for that as well.

Again, it is understood that a trip to Austin is not an easy task for a lot of us. However it is important to do so if you can. As Ron our Lobbyist says "If you don't join us in the fight, you have already lost".

The Rally will be held on the South Lawn of the State Capitol Building.
1100 Congress Ave
Austin, Texas 78701
The Rally starts at 10:00 AM will last a little over an hour.

Thanks for reading,
Faron
505-688-7640 - Cell (Yes, I am local)
faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 21 Sun Oct, 2018 10:04 am

Please note that I corrected my mistake, the Rally Starts at 10:00AM!
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby David Head » 22 Mon Oct, 2018 8:36 am

I will be driving down early that morning to show my support. Looking forward to a great rally.
David Head
Former MaroonManx owner
Maroon Manx

(o\_!_/o)
David Head
Buggyholic

Postby johber41 » 26 Fri Oct, 2018 2:59 am

How did the rally go?
johber41
Buggyholic

Postby BrianB » 27 Sat Oct, 2018 2:39 pm

Hello? How did it go? Any news?
ThunderBug Buggy
BrianB
Buggyholic

Postby BrianB » 28 Sun Oct, 2018 10:54 am

I guess they locked everyone up that was in attendance :mrgreen:
ThunderBug Buggy
BrianB
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 29 Mon Oct, 2018 9:01 am

Successful! That is how we all should look at the Save the Texas Dune Buggy Rally held on the South Lawn of the Texas State Capitol Building, October 25, 2018. The Rally to help build support for Save the Texas Dune Buggy, Sandrail, & Kitcar was successful indeed! We had people from all over the country that took time to show support! We are all grateful to each!
It was interesting to see so many people walk by to see what we were doing, & we know that our Rally got a lot of attention. We truly feel that the Rally reached far more people than what we know, important people. The fact that Empower Texans posted an article about our Rally is huge, as that article went out to people that will have an opportunity to vote on our Bill. Empower Texans is a Conservative Watchdog Group that is very close to Gov. Abbott & Lt. Gov. Patrick & many other very Conservative Legislators. The Rally was ANOTHER Huge step towards the Success of Save the Texas Dune Buggy, Sandrail, & Kitcar!
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby johber41 » 29 Mon Oct, 2018 10:11 am

Well done!
johber41
Buggyholic

Return to Save the Texas Dune Buggy, Sandrail, Kitcar