Letter writing campaign

Information and links to the sites that are keeping us updated on the efforts related to fixing the Texas Administrative Code Section 217.3

Moderator: admin

Letter writing campaign

Postby ScottR » 27 Mon Aug, 2018 3:57 pm

Here is a letter we would like everyone to send out to the email addresses provided to keep things going in our favor.

Add what you will to the letter but remember to be civil and polite... Thank you to Faron, Justin, and Ron for this letter.

raymond.palacios@txdmv.gov, barney.barnwell@txdmv.gov, luanne.caraway@txdmv.gov, brett.graham@txdmv.gov, kate.hardy@txdmv.gov, gary.painter@txdmv.gov, john.prewitt@txdmv.gov, paul.scott@txdmv.gov, memo.trevino@txdmv.gov, whitney.brewster@txdmv.gov,

I am sending you this letter not only on behalf of the Assembled Vehicles Coalition of Texas but my own personal interests as well. I appreciate that the Board made the decision to table the proposed rule regarding Agenda #9, Amendments to 217.2 and 217.3, relating to titling assembled vehicles.

During many of the Assembled Vehicle Coalition of Texas Member testimonies, we suggested that the department might consider managing the current procedures as it relates to assembled vehicles as follows.

· Place a freeze on the current revocation process for those vehicles that have already passed an ASE Safety inspection as well as provided the proper paperwork to county clerks as well as the department.

· Return titles & registrations to owners of vehicles that were revoked but had passed an ASE Safety Inspection as well as previously required paperwork to the county clerks and the department.

· Grandfather vehicles that were titled & registered prior to any rule that banned a specific set of vehicles that had already passed a proper safety inspection along and provided required paperwork to the county clerks and department.

The suggestions above will serve as a temporary solution that will address the immediate concerns of those vehicle owners and concerned legislators until the upcoming legislative session provides a more permanent solution. The Coalition understands that these temporary suggestions would be a directive to staff to assist on the current titling & registration procedures of those assembled vehicle owners wishing to operate their vehicles legally in the great state of Texas.

As we have in the working group meetings, the Coalition will stress the point that, these temporary suggestions should be used to legally title & register only those vehicles that have followed the proper procedures: a complete inspection process performed by an ASE certified inspector and all the proper paper work to local county clerks and the department per published rules by the department.

Again, I would like to again Thank you as well as the rest of the Board for the assistance on the proposed rule, Agenda #9. Your actions are very much appreciated.

Sincerely,
ScottR
Buggy Nut

Return to Save the Texas Dune Buggy, Sandrail, Kitcar