Lodging

2018 Memorial Day Weekend
May 25, 26 and 27 (Fri, Sat and Sun)
Nacogdoches, Texas

Moderator: Ken

Lodging

Postby Rick&Cyndi M » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:21 am

Hello All!

I hope that everyone is having great holidays! The next Buggy Blast is going to be held in Nacogdoches, the oldest town in Texas. Cyndi and I have been asked to take the lead on this next Blast and are trying to live up to all the great times that we've had in the past. Over the coming months, more and more detailed information will be filled in on the Agenda and activities. In the meantime, I have secured lodging at two locations in Nacogdoches as explained below. Please call and make your reservations at one of the two locations that have blocked off rooms for our event. Both locations have trailer parking. More information to follow!

Option 1: Pine Creek Country Inn in Nacogdoches, is a country cabin type setting and is owned by Lisa and her husband who is a French Chef. At the time of my blocking rooms, I was able to get 11 of the 17 rooms that they have on their property. They have different cabins on the facility and the rooms vary in size and amenities, so they have different prices, the lowest being like a standard hotel room. Here is a summary of the of rooms that I was able have to blocked for our event:

5 rooms for 3 nights for a total of $306, which is about equivalent to a $90 hotel room.
2 rooms for 3 nights for a total of $327, which is about equivalent to a $97 hotel room.
2 rooms for 3 nights for a total of $367, which is about equivalent to a $105 hotel room.
1 room for 3 nights for a total of $487, which is about equivalent to a $140 hotel room. This is an individual cabin. Cyndi and I are staying at the second cabin at this price.

They have 6 RV slots available, and I have booked all of them. They are $30 per night with power and water. If you plan on coming in an RV/5th Wheel, please contact Bryan Porter, as he will be working with Lisa reserving these slots for the individuals.

Lisa is not requiring any deposit from any of us! Just payment when we arrive Memorial Day Weekend. Please call Lisa at 936-560-6282 to get more information and to book a room if you would like to stay at this location. The address for Pine Creek Country Inn is 341 Pine Creek Rd., Nacogdoches, TX 75964.

Option 2: Best Western Inn of Nacogdoches. I have a blocked out 15 rooms here at a price of $65 per night and they are newly renovated! Please call
936-560-4900 to get your name attached to one of the blocked rooms. No deposit is required. Please let them know that you are with the Texas Manx Club or Dune Buggy Club when you call to get this blocked rate. The address of the hotel is 3428 South St., Nacogdoches, TX 75964.
Rick&Cyndi M
Buggy Nut

Re: Lodging

Postby Ken » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:40 am

Rick and Cyndi,
This sounds fantastic. We love the idea of Nacogdoches and the lodging sounds perfect. Delia and I have made our reservations. I expect this location will help re-energize this event. You and Cyndi are doing a great job. Thanks for your hard work so far.

Ken and Delia
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Bill K » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:16 am

Sounds like a great Blast to look forward to. We have a room booked and looking forward to seeing all our Buggy Buds.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Dave W » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:17 pm

We have booked a room at Pine Creek. Looks like a great location! Thanks Rick and Cyndi for leading the way on this year's Blast. Much appreciated!!!

Happy New Year to all.

Christy & Dave
Dave W
Buggy Nut

Postby ScottR » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:35 pm

Leslie and I are booked and ready.
ScottR
Buggy Nut

Postby SergioF » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:41 pm

Tina and I have a room reserved at Pine Creek.
SergioF
Buggy Driver

Return to Buggy Blast XVI