Lodging

2014 Memorial Day Weekend
May 23, 24 and 25 (Fri, Sat and Sun)
Marble Falls, Texas

Moderator: Ken

Lodging

Postby Ken » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:46 am

Unfortunately being a holiday weekend, in a touristy location, getting anyone to block rooms has been a bit of a challenge. Unfortunately last years Holiday Inn Express has changed ownership and not interested in negotiating group bookings. A big THANK YOU to Bill K for his dedication and people skills, he was able to convince Best Western to block a few rooms and their meeting room at a negotiated rate.

Best Western Plus Marble Falls Inn
1403 N Highway 281 Marble Falls, TX 78654
(830) 693-5122
Mention your with the "Texas Manx Dune Buggy Club", for rate of $109.00 each night of 23rd, 24th, and 25th. But again our block has been limited to only a handful of rooms. Regular rates start at $119. Confirm cancellation policy when you make you reservations. There is an adjacent parking lot north of the hotel fro trailer use.

RV Parks Information
(a big THANK YOU to Dave W for making RV park calls for us.)
Due to multiple ongoing major municipal construction projects, RV parks remain at a very high occupancy this year. Most places contacted within the City of Marble Falls, had no Memorial weekend vacancy's as of this week, but they suggested contacting them within 30 days of arrival for accurate information.

The only exception we found was Sunset Point on Lake LBJ RV Park. As of early this week, they had 5 spaces available for Memorial weekend. Located north side of the lakes and about 5 miles drive from the Best Western Plus.

Regardless of your lodging preference... we suggest everyone make arrangements as early as possible. Of course we hope to see as many as possible at the same location... the more the merrier and all that... but be assured we will provide a detailed weekend agenda, so we all know when and where the fun is happening.

Post up here, and let us know where you're staying and to share your lodging information.
Ken
Site Admin

Re: Lodging

Postby Bill K » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:36 pm

Linda at the Best Western told me she's already had some Buggy Club bookings.

Let's fill those rooms up and have a parking lot full of Buggies.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Bryan Porter » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:43 pm

We have our room
Bryan Porter
Buggyholic

Postby yoboy » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:25 am

Checked on the Rv park rates and for that weekend the rates start at $72.00 per night. (At Sunset Pt.)
A little steep for our Dr. Pepper budget. Plus they require a 4 night stay on the holiday weekend :shock:

Thanks Dave for checking the Rv parks.
Last edited by yoboy on Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yoboy
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:38 am

Doctor Pepper Budget :?: Come on now: This is coming from someone who is pulling a "Mansion On Wheels" with a bedroom for his Buggy. :D :D
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:24 am

Thanks for sharing yoboy. Not being "RV'er we really felt a little out of our element talking to the parks.

Bottom line, as I said above, is to make your lodging plans as early as you can. This is a busy little town already, add the holiday weekend in a lake front community and occupancy levels are quite high in the whole area, for all lodging options.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby BrianB » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:42 pm

Ken, is there plenty of room for the trailers?
ThunderBug Buggy
BrianB
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:06 pm

The Best Western confirmed trailer parking in the adjacent (just north) closed business lot.
We can also designate space at the show location for truck and trailer parking.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Bobsbuggy » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:37 pm

Last year Pam and I stayed in Llano at the city park on the North side of the river. We like staying there. It is about a 30 minute drive to Marble Falls. I enjoyed the drive. I thin kit only cost $10-$15 a night for water and electricity. There is another city park on the West side of Llano that has showers. I don't k now what the cost is there. I am thinking we will stay along the river and drive over to Marble Falls. I do like the drive.
Bobsbuggy
Buggy Nut

Postby Ken » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:58 pm

Thanks for sharing the information Bob. Look forward to seeing you and Pam at the Blast.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Bill K » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:27 pm

Last November Linda and I stayed at Riverway RV Park in Llano and were pleased. The sites are open without trees, but it's a new park and very well maintained. I'm thinking we paid around $20. It's just a little way from the Town Square on RR 152. Their phone number is 325-247-2152.

And, speaking of Llano, I still have some very fond memories of the good time we had last year at the festival being held on the Town Square. We had a stop there as part of the Buggy Blast Cruise, and came away with a trophy for Best Club Participation for the car show they were having as part of the festival.
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby ScottR » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:00 am

Leslie and I are booked for this great upcoming weekend and get together. Looking forward to the FUN!!
ScottR
Buggy Nut

Postby RobertB » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:41 am

Hello Everyone,
Just booked Best Western for Ronnie and I. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
Hoping for some better weather than last year so we can do some cruising.
Linda, at the front desk was wonderful. Just FYI, she also confirmed that there is an, out of business, Put-Put Minature Golf course next door, where we can park trailers, if needed.

Ken and Dave, Hats off to you both for making this happen!

See ya then,
Bob & Ronnie
RobertB
Buggy Nut

Return to Buggy Blast XII