Frontloaders buggy

Chassis & Electrical. Ask a question, share your knowledge, build it right.

Moderator: Ken

Frontloaders buggy

Postby blackthree4me » 11 Mon Jun, 2007 9:09 pm

I decided to start this post in a diferent section that is more towards where I think this link will go
we have said our thoughts on the last post
and need to move on as most things in life do

Here is where we are at to date.

[quote]Thank you Blackthree4me for your suggestions. However, I am not a mechanic and have only a limited understanding of what you are saying.

I found his chart for the wiring (Greek to ME!!!!) along with his notebook for taking notes. This would be meaningful to someone who knows what he is talking about. I do not.

I understand what you are saying about "plug it into the battery". The battery is right there, but how do I plug all the wiring into the battery? Do I use jumper cables??? No, probably not. This is more than I think I can handle. I can ask my son (an electrician but not a mechanic) to come over and check it out. How does the wiring connect to the battery??? Is there some kind of a connector??? I know you have never had any questions like this before

You could probably walk me through it, but for me to understand and do it so anyone would be confident in driving it, sounds like a great undertaking.
I'm sure Ed is just shaking his head - something he has probably been doing a lot of lately.

Okay, I just returned from the garage to check things out with greater details. I looked at the battery but could not find anything to connect any wires - only some very large clips and then some small clips on a wire. I'm not sure how to use them. I could not find an end to all the wires to connect to the battery. I may just need to look closer - but it was hot out there.

Then I also found the motor, which is cleaned and painted like new.
Found the exhaust pipes - no longer rusty, but cleaned and painted black.
I'm not sure about any mufflers - couldn't find one.
I could not find anything that looked like a dash board - except an unusual shaped board painted green (like the buggy) but it did not have any holes cut in it or anything attached, just a board. This board is very odd shaped. Maybe I need a new one???? Now I wish I had looked closer at the buggies at the Buggy Blast. At least I would know what to look for here.

Margret
yes I sometime forget that most are here to get an understanding
of what it is we do here.
my first sugestion is have one of us come by look over the buggy show you how to take and post photos.
look at where you are at on the car and what direction need to be taken
all of that can be done in a couple hours time then you can make the decisions as to what you want to do
it will be more enjoyable for you that way
guessing at what you are looking at is not the fun part of this
spending money and things working when you are done is.
I dont see it as a problem for some of us to get together for a cruze to your house one sunday
say maybe after the forurth weekend or so
I still gotta get mine running first LOL

it sounds like some of the parts are complet and ready for install, but it almost imposible for us to tell you whithout some basic information.
I look forward to having you around the site
and helping you build the car of yalls dreams.
steveO
ps feel free to check out some of our photos in the photo section as well as our off site picture albums
click on this link for mine
http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/ ... e%20buggy/
if it aint broke, break it then fix it
blackthree4me
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 11 Mon Jun, 2007 11:14 pm

After the 4th sounds good here. Link up with me in Rosenberg, and lunch will be on me.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Cruze to Lake Jackson

Postby Frontloader » 16 Sat Jun, 2007 2:39 pm

I was just looking around the site and found this post. This is a good place to continue on the topic of finishing Ed's buggy.

I have a trip planned to Colorado June 29 - July 10 or so. A couple of Ed's friends are going to come over and take a good long look at what needs to be done. Not sure when, but it should be in the next week or so. I'll let you know what they find.

If anyone wants to plan to come to LJ on Sunday July 15, I'm sure to be back home by then and ready to get started on the work.

Does this sound feasible to anyone? Thanks for your suggestions, SteveO.

Margaret
Frontloader
Buggy Driver

Postby Bill K » 16 Sat Jun, 2007 4:01 pm

Margaret,
Could you give me the phone #'s or emails of the friends that are coming over?
I'd like a chance to talk to them prior to the visit, if that would be OK?
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Return to Technical Talk