nose cone

Chassis & Electrical. Ask a question, share your knowledge, build it right.

Moderator: Ken

nose cone

Postby buggyryan » 03 Sat Jun, 2006 3:05 pm

hey guys , can anyone give me an idea of what i need for my transmission nose cone for my new bad ass pan david built for me? this goes to you too david, i didnt quite understand what is a 3 bolt nose cone versus a non 3 bolt nose cone? the pan has the mounting bolts going up into the bottom of the rear housing and my rancho tranny has the mount with 2 holes in it and it would go straight against the rear housing not underneath. help? i am so confused and want to start on my buildup. my old pan and tranny is a 1966 assembly. sorry i am going to miss the blast , but i cant see driving 2 hours on sunday to see a few of you drive by and not have a swap or show to walk around on sunday. ill be at the next one with something to drive.
buggyryan
Buggy Nut

Postby David O' » 06 Tue Jun, 2006 12:39 pm

You will need the mount, and the nose cone......and I'll ask a couple of guys that I know to see if they have one! (The new mount I have.)
If at first you don't succeed, beat the pshaw out of the business partner, and then go at it alone! LOL!
David O'
Buggyholic

Postby buggyryan » 06 Tue Jun, 2006 6:39 pm

sounds great dave, i found one on ebay but they didnt take a side shot of it so i am still not sure what it looks like. they only want 10 bucks for it but i dont want to get the wrong thing . thanks for checking for me.
buggyryan
Buggy Nut

Postby Faron » 06 Tue Jun, 2006 9:33 pm

Ohhh Ryan.....Its less then $15. bucks you cheap turdboy! I cant believe that you are that darn cheap! I know that it is going to take me a long time to build my buggy. But that is because I have to save up in order to buy something. Ryan can write a check for anything he wants for his Buggy!!! He is just to darn CHEAP!!!
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby David O' » 08 Thu Jun, 2006 7:40 pm

Ryan, I found all of the pieces that you need to do the transmission conversion. Call me or e-mail me and we will get this worked out!
If at first you don't succeed, beat the pshaw out of the business partner, and then go at it alone! LOL!
David O'
Buggyholic

Postby buggyryan » 10 Sat Jun, 2006 10:46 am

thanks david, i am going down to the cost this weekend but when i get back ill send you a couple of pics of the tranny i am going to use so you can see the mount and nose cone that is on it right now
buggyryan
Buggy Nut

Return to Technical Talk