Rear lights

Chassis & Electrical. Ask a question, share your knowledge, build it right.

Moderator: Ken

Rear lights

Postby Buzzfagan » 14 Tue Mar, 2017 9:06 pm

IMG_9209.JPG
IMG_9209.JPG (30.73 KiB) Viewed 3267 times
IMG_9208.JPG
IMG_9208.JPG (25.5 KiB) Viewed 3267 times
IMG_9208.JPG
IMG_9208.JPG (25.5 KiB) Viewed 3267 times
I am in Texas and building my Manx style buggy and trying to decide on what tail lights to get. I have 4 round roughly 4.25" holes on the rear of my tub. I bought a Rebel wiring harness.

What should I run on the rear? And what is the best thing to do that will be street legal and pass the state inspection?

Do I run all 4 red lights or do I run two red for the tail lights and two for reverse lights? What about turn signals; will the red tail lights work for those also?

I know I would like for them to be LED if possible and legal/pass inspection and work with the Rebel harness if possible.

I also ran across these Maxima hybrid lights? Will those work for all 4 lights and work with the rebel wiring harness?
Buzzfagan
Buggy Driver

Re: Rear lights

Postby Heathwerner » 14 Tue Mar, 2017 9:53 pm

To be legal you need running light, brake light and turn signal. You do not have to have reverse lights. you can run two or four lights depending on if the light has the capabilities of running, brake and turn signal. The Maxxima light light says it has all of these and looks cool. Im guessing the white light is reverse. If you want to fill all four holes you can parallel two sets together on each side. As far as the rebel wiring harness I dont know but it should have everything you need if it is a standard wiring harness. Also if you use led lights you will need a LED flasher for the turn signals that you can pick up at Autozone. Good luck on your build and I hope I was able to help answer some of your questions.

Heath
Heathwerner
Buggy Nut

Postby johber41 » 27 Mon Mar, 2017 1:19 pm

I had basic lighting on my buggy which did not include stop lights or turn signals.....I ran a separate circuit for both...lots of wire but the independent systems gives you a chance to retain one system if the other fails. Just a thought! Put my stoplight/turn signal lamps below the body just above the exhaust and then ran parallel lights to the roll bar. I will try and find a pic for you.
johber41
Buggyholic

Postby johber41 » 27 Mon Mar, 2017 1:40 pm

Two pics from John
Attachments
stop lights 2.jpg
stop lights 2.jpg (147.32 KiB) Viewed 3245 times
stop lights.jpg
stop lights.jpg (151.2 KiB) Viewed 3245 times
johber41
Buggyholic