Buggy Cover

Chassis & Electrical. Ask a question, share your knowledge, build it right.

Moderator: Ken

Buggy Cover

Postby johber41 » 21 Thu Aug, 2014 11:30 pm

Hey Guys....I remember at last year's Roundup many of you had a cover for your buggy. Can anyone steer me in the right direction for a good buggy cover?

Thanks...John
johber41
Buggyholic

Re: Buggy Cover

Postby boltman » 22 Fri Aug, 2014 12:00 am

Hey johber41:

I ordered one from Rick Leddon a couple of weeks ago. He called me today and said they are scheduled for Sept. 9th. I know this won't help with the upcoming event though. I plan to attend and have an extra cover (lightweight) for a medium size car and Will be happy to bring it for you to use. Just give me a shout and I will throw it in the pickup.

The Boltman
boltman
Buggy Nut

Postby Ken » 22 Fri Aug, 2014 7:53 am

I use a Walmart off the shelf cover. Fits like a glove and I've had it a few years now. Probably time to start looking at replacing. It is not water proof, but water resistant. Mainly it keeps curious hands off at night. At least it makes me think so. Think I paid like $25 for it.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby johber41 » 22 Fri Aug, 2014 12:17 pm

Thanks Ken....I looked at the covers at Walmart and found that they appear to be not much more than recycled paper. Thanks Boltman for the offer, no need to bring the extra cover. I have some blue and grey tarps I can use with bungie cords, but I am interested in seeing the one you are waiting to receive. My car is garaged all the time, but, when on these events, there is no way to keep it covered. I like the idea Ken has to give the car some security with the less expensive covers, but I do not want to let this 53 year old car fill with rain water.

Thanks for the response guys.
johber41
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 26 Tue Aug, 2014 8:38 am

Ken
Site Admin

Postby johber41 » 27 Wed Aug, 2014 8:33 pm

Wow Ken.....that will shame your Walmart cover!
johber41
Buggyholic

Return to Technical Talk