Gettin' there

Chassis & Electrical. Ask a question, share your knowledge, build it right.

Moderator: Ken

Gettin' there

Postby Rotobug » 10 Fri Mar, 2006 7:28 am

Well everyone, the car is getting there. Too slow for me but I do what I can do. Started the wiring and misc stuff...stop by and see and give a little feedback....
http://home.sw.rr.com/bugnut01

Shawn
Rotobug

Postby carlos del carpio » 10 Fri Mar, 2006 10:33 am

Oh my gawd? Lowe's has a generic Dynamat??? Share, what department is it in? How much per sheet? How many feet in the package?? Thanks!
you must have pride....in your ride....
carlos del carpio
Buggyholic

Postby blackthree4me » 13 Mon Mar, 2006 10:47 am

um wana come over to my house and wire the ghia
super sweet job great work
as carlose says
you have pride in your ride
blackthree4me
if it aint broke, break it then fix it
blackthree4me
Buggyholic

Postby Rotobug » 16 Thu Mar, 2006 2:11 pm

Go to the roofing section...and there's a product called peel-n-seal. Its 25 feet long x 6" wide. Really good stuff if ya ask me. Its meant to patch roof leaks. It looks, acts and feels like a thin version of dynamat. Thanks for the compliement on my wiring...talk about a pain in the butt. Plus Im sooooo close and had to have knee surgery. Cant walk for 6 weeks. Im praying I can get the wiring done, water lines in and driven before salado...im sure I can but it will be close.
Rotobug

Postby carlos del carpio » 16 Thu Mar, 2006 2:36 pm

Awesome, thanks~!

Why do you need water lines for a buggy??
you must have pride....in your ride....
carlos del carpio
Buggyholic

Postby Rotobug » 16 Thu Mar, 2006 3:30 pm

My 67 is sporting a 12A Mazda Rotary in the back. Water lines got to go under the car all the way up to the trunk for the radiator. Something different...it SCREAMS! Well it did before I tore her apart for a total rebuild. Stop by my page and you will see what i had to start with.
Rotobug

Postby richard king » 18 Sat Mar, 2006 5:25 am

HA when i start on my baha do you whnt to come over and help me. It would be good to see you again. it will be awhile before i am home you know the deal man. bye the way it is LOOKING GOOD
richard king
Buggy Driver

Postby Rotobug » 29 Wed Mar, 2006 11:43 pm

Well Im closer now than ever. Kind of went against Drs reccomendation of relaxing the leg. Cant!!! Got Salado in a few months! He didn't buy it, sooo I snuck around and did it anyway. So all that is left is wiring in the hazards, fuel pump and a scrolling LED licence plate frame. Ok, I know, but I'm entitled to one frill. After that is a custom exhaust and water lines and DONE, with mechanicals. Interior is on the way as we speak and that will be going in this week or next. So I am planning on bringing the beast to Salado and more before I go to the East Coast for 2 years. Have no fear, I will be back to the metroplex after retirement. So stop by and see my update on my page and let me know if theres anything I can do to improve!!! Shawn
Rotobug

Postby Rotobug » 07 Fri Apr, 2006 7:12 am

Got to run the car yesterday. Sounds awesome. The exhaust is done, water lines are in and still waiting on interior. I will get pics today and post. Another step closer to getting 'er done for salado.
Rotobug

Postby Rotobug » 27 Thu Apr, 2006 6:24 am

Well it looks like im ready to go to salado...just a few minor things to wrap up this project and get her rollin down the road. Stop by and take a look at my pride and joy and let me know if you see anything I could fix, change or??? Thanks!!! Shawn
Rotobug

roto

Postby Texasbuggys » 27 Thu Apr, 2006 6:27 am

It is one heck of a nice Bug! I love the RPM's that the little rotor can wind up to and that exhaust note is a little on the loud side but cool!
Get your new short or long body, custom chassis, show cages, bumpers and accessories at http://www.texasbuggys.com

E-Mail Texasbuggys@suddenlink.net or call 361-218-6272
Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

Postby David Head » 27 Thu Apr, 2006 8:17 am

Looking good Shawn, Looking forward to seeing it in Real Life in Salado. David
Maroon Manx

(o\_!_/o)
David Head
Buggyholic

Return to Technical Talk