Brakes and brake lines..

Chassis & Electrical. Ask a question, share your knowledge, build it right.

Moderator: Ken

Brakes and brake lines..

Postby bowser » 10 Sun Jul, 2011 4:45 pm

I just bought 2 countem 2 buggies (Manx knock offs) and in the process of restoring the first of the Basket cases I found in a barn in Oklahoma. The first is a rolling chassis that I am starting from the ground up and what better place to start is wheels and brakes. As near as I can tell it is a 66 or older. The brake drums, cylinders and pads are easy to find and replace. I have also found new stainless lines but... And there is always a butt. I would like to change my lines over from rigid steel lines to stainless braid. The problem is finding out what fitting to -AN to use. Summit racing has a whole selection of these. My brake master cylinder is like this one http://www.mooreparts.com/store/product ... 11023113B/ ... What is the fitting that is at the end where the brake lines going in? Is it a 10 or 12 mm and is it a 1.0 or 1.5 inverted bubble flare?

I have seen guys do this on sand rails but no one knows what the fittings are. Apparently they were all done by someone else and no one knows who that person is.
Attachments
100_0640 (Medium).JPG
100_0640 (Medium).JPG (118.93 KiB) Viewed 1584 times
100_0639 (Medium).JPG
100_0639 (Medium).JPG (117 KiB) Viewed 1584 times
bowser
Buggy Dude

Re: Brakes and brake lines..

Postby GregR » 10 Sun Jul, 2011 9:13 pm

I think the stock flare is a metric bubbke flare. Neil at Hawkeye buggies did mine.
Hope that helps.
GregR
GregR
Site Admin

Return to Technical Talk