aluminum frt beam

Chassis & Electrical. Ask a question, share your knowledge, build it right.

Moderator: Ken

aluminum frt beam

Postby buggyryan » 17 Fri Sep, 2010 9:55 pm

hi guys i am posting this question for my brother, he is rebuilding a karmen ghia and it has an aluminum adjustable frt beam and he was concerned about running it as a daily driver with an aluminum instead of steel frt beam as far as longevity and daily use
buggyryan
Buggy Nut

Re: aluminum frt beam

Postby Faron » 18 Sat Sep, 2010 11:58 pm

Is this the same car that you showed me way back when? If so I think we need to see a photo, and hurry up about it.
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby JohnS » 07 Thu Oct, 2010 11:30 am

Here is a picture Faron, although the project looks like it is going to get put on hold once again. And or the rims and front beam might get swapped out onto a beetle instead and be used there until I can get the time and money to get the ghia project rolling. Actually I should keep it and just make it a drag car since it is just a rolling body right now.
Attachments
IMG_1871 (3).jpg
IMG_1871 (3).jpg (149.36 KiB) Viewed 3007 times
JohnS
Buggy Dude

Postby Texasbuggys » 01 Mon Nov, 2010 7:03 pm

Hey is that aluminum beam up for sale? I am looking for one! Hint Hint! E-mail me if so, Texasbuggys@suddenlink.net
Get your new short or long body, custom chassis, show cages, bumpers and accessories at http://www.texasbuggys.com

E-Mail Texasbuggys@suddenlink.net or call 361-218-6272
Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 01 Mon Nov, 2010 10:11 pm

John, I seem to remember a photo that Ryan showed me of a funky cut up Ghia. I think it was yours, does this ring a bell?
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby JohnS » 05 Fri Nov, 2010 4:09 pm

Texasbuggys, I will get in touch with you should I decide to sell it. Won't happen right now but maybe in the next couple of months. I will get in touch and we can go from there.

Faron,

Not sure what photo Ryan showed you of a cut up ghia, was not mine. Got me another beetle though, finally took care of my Vw itch.
JohnS
Buggy Dude

Postby Texasbuggys » 08 Mon Nov, 2010 7:52 am

Ok cool
Get your new short or long body, custom chassis, show cages, bumpers and accessories at http://www.texasbuggys.com

E-Mail Texasbuggys@suddenlink.net or call 361-218-6272
Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

Return to Technical Talk