pedal assem help

Chassis & Electrical. Ask a question, share your knowledge, build it right.

Moderator: Ken

pedal assem help

Postby cobra!tx » 09 Wed Sep, 2009 10:00 am

Well I finally got my pedal assm in the buggy but i think i am missing somthing because the clutch pedal just falls foward and the cable comes off-it looks like there is a threaded hole behind the pedal-is there some kinda stop I am missing?or am i just doing it wrong?
cobra!tx
Buggy Builder

Postby CoryN » 09 Wed Sep, 2009 10:14 am

There is a stop for the brake pedal. The clutch cable should keep the clutch pedal from falling forward once you hook it up to the transaxle.
CoryN
Buggyholic

pedal

Postby cobra!tx » 09 Wed Sep, 2009 10:18 am

it falls foward and the cable falls off-I looked on the samba and it looks like there is a bracket that bolts to the pan to keep it from falling foward-mine is gone and I need one
cobra!tx
Buggy Builder

Postby CoryN » 09 Wed Sep, 2009 10:38 am

Well maybe I am thinking wrong, maybe it is for the clutch.

You could make a stop easy enough, its just a piece of metal with a right angle bend about 1/2 high and an elongated hole so you can adjust the postitioning.
CoryN
Buggyholic

Postby cobra!tx » 09 Wed Sep, 2009 11:03 am

I will try that looks simple enough just was not sure how high and wide to make it-so yours on the road now?I saw the pic of the boys in it -looks good-what did you ever do about your speedo cable?I am close hope to have it painted and the stuff back from powder coat this weekend then just wire it up-
cobra!tx
Buggy Builder

Postby CoryN » 09 Wed Sep, 2009 11:52 am

It was on the road for about 5 minutes. I got it started finally, the distributer is loose and it rotated a little and that is what was keeping it from starting. I found a gear right off the bat and drove it to the end of the street and back. After that I was only able to get it started one more time, and then I couldn't get it in any gear.

I haven't hooked up the speedo yet.
CoryN
Buggyholic

Return to Technical Talk