OOPS!!! Big Problem

Chassis & Electrical. Ask a question, share your knowledge, build it right.

Moderator: Ken

OOPS!!! Big Problem

Postby David Head » 24 Sun Feb, 2008 10:33 am

When I was removing my Kadron, I dropped a screw down the intake manifold. By chance the number 4 intake valve was open and it fell into that cylinder. Nooooooooooo! It couldn't have gone into the cylinder with the closed valve.....It dropped into the open one. Just my luck. What now????? Orginally I could see it down there. but after turning the engine a little bit I have lost site of it. My pencil Magnet was too thick to slip down through the valve.
Am I going to have to take the head off????
Maroon Manx

(o\_!_/o)
David Head
Buggyholic

Postby jspbtown » 24 Sun Feb, 2008 11:26 am

Looking for guesses right? If so...I'll offer this.

How about a shop vac? Seal it to the port and try it??? Make sure the shopvac is empty so you know you get it.

Or

A length of piano wire with a weak magnet attached to it? The screw should be at the bottom side of the jug. Of course that magnet will want to stick to the jug so I would wrap it up to try to prevent that. Just have the end of the magnet exposed so when it makes contact with the screw it grabs it.
jspbtown
Buggyholic

Postby MURZ » 24 Sun Feb, 2008 1:25 pm

Pull the plug and try the shop vac trick....maybe...

Not that big a deal to pull the head and reinstall....2hrs max...even for someone from TX :lol: :lol: :lol:
Madisonville La
(Just north of where New Orleans used to be)

Dune buggies....Old men have to have something to excercise their minds and bodies
MURZ
Buggyholic

Postby David Head » 24 Sun Feb, 2008 2:06 pm

Fixed :D :D :D
The pen Magnet I had was just too big to get into the valve hole. Parts Plus had one the was a little bit smaller. It was actually able to fit down through hole. I got it on the first try. AMAZING :D
This just reinforces the motto "It pays to have the right tool"

However the shop-vac trick sounds like a good idea.
I might just drop another screw down in there just to see if that trick works. *****NOT*****
Maroon Manx

(o\_!_/o)
David Head
Buggyholic

screw eating Kadron

Postby staggerwing » 24 Sun Feb, 2008 10:33 pm

Congrats David! Now you gotta tell us what you were doing with that carb before the screw dove in to the head...
staggerwing
Buggyholic

Postby David Head » 25 Mon Feb, 2008 10:24 am

Actually, I think I lost that screw about 4 years ago. It's the screw that holds on the air cleaner on my Kadron. I remember dropping it years ago. I thought it fell into the carburator but I could never find it. I guess it has been hanging around in the carburator waiting for a chance to escape.
I know, hard to believe.
Maroon Manx

(o\_!_/o)
David Head
Buggyholic

Return to Technical Talk