Kadron Jetting

Chassis & Electrical. Ask a question, share your knowledge, build it right.

Moderator: Ken

Kadron Jetting

Postby GregR » 17 Thu Jan, 2008 10:27 pm

Had an interesting question posed to me in an email, we were discussing jetting for dual kads and got to wondering what others had, how they like it etc.

So here's mine: 1776cc 009 distributor and
pertronix ignition at 600 ft MSL.
The carbs are jetted as follows:
135 main jet
53 idle jet
175 air correction jet
28mm venturi
40mm throttle body

probably a tad on the rich side but runs pretty smooth, right David O?

How about some others, whatcha got?
GregR
GregR
Site Admin

Postby David O' » 17 Thu Jan, 2008 11:29 pm

That's right, and if you keep the fuel from breaking down in the carbs, they run great.....right? The main thing to remember is that every engine is different, and altitude and moisture in the air are factors that come into play.
It is hard to get the perfect setting in the state of Texas because we have huge temperature differences, and they change in ONE DAY! LOL! (like now) :lol: :lol:
If at first you don't succeed, beat the pshaw out of the business partner, and then go at it alone! LOL!
David O'
Buggyholic

Kadron Jetting

Postby staggerwing » 18 Fri Jan, 2008 12:02 pm

1776cc SVDA distributor and pertronix ignition at 600 ft MSL.
The carbs are currently jetted as follows:
130 main jet
55 idle jet
Air correction jet?
Venturi looks like 28mm?
40mm throttle body

Still having trouble with plug fouling (plugs 1 and 3) but things seem to be getting better (engine is breaking in a bit? Still running the bahonky out of it Murz :shock: ). I have a set of 125 mains and 50 idles coming in the mail.

Thanks Greg!
staggerwing
Buggyholic

Kadron Jetting

Postby staggerwing » 22 Tue Jan, 2008 2:41 pm

Hey David O, what about that air correction jet? Do you happen to know what comes with the Dual Kadron Carb. Kit?

I'm no Kadron carb. expert (YET) but I'll be pretty dang close by the time I get this thing running right.

I figured there would be at least ten posts on this subject by now - sure is quiet out there!
staggerwing
Buggyholic

Kadrons Jetting

Postby staggerwing » 27 Wed Feb, 2008 10:25 am

Replaced the stock 55 idles with 50s the other day and drove around a bit, seemed to have a better idle. Pulled the carbs last night and installed some 127 mains, replacing the stock 130s. Noticed the air correction jets are stamped 150. Are we on to something here? Should they be 175? Are these the guys that are giving me headaches with plug fouling all this time? I'm still assuming the venturi is 28 mm and the throttle body is 40 mm. Should have measured that while I was replacing jets :x
staggerwing
Buggyholic

Return to Technical Talk