e brake bracket ....missing ?

Chassis & Electrical. Ask a question, share your knowledge, build it right.

Moderator: Ken

e brake bracket ....missing ?

Postby Rustybuggy » 04 Fri Jan, 2008 9:20 pm

LOL... I ordered a nice new chrome e-brake handle for my buggy but when I went to install it I realized something was missing ( the bracket the handle mounts in) You are probably wondering how I could over look something like that. Well this is my 1st VW and I was not sure how the handle mounted or if it came with the stuff needed to mount it. So the question is anyone know if I can get this part it seems like it was welded to the body and not something I could get from the junk yard.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
Rustybuggy
Buggy Builder

e-brake

Postby Texasbuggys » 04 Fri Jan, 2008 10:21 pm

That is going to be fun. If you look inside the opening in the picture towards the rear of the car can you see if the two side by side tubes are still there? They should be very close to the topside of the tunnel and stop close to the edge of the opening. If so, yes you can get the tabs from another pan or even make some new ones. Go find a pan and make some patterns and align them and weld'm up.
Get your new short or long body, custom chassis, show cages, bumpers and accessories at http://www.texasbuggys.com

E-Mail Texasbuggys@suddenlink.net or call 361-218-6272
Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

Postby Don » 05 Sat Jan, 2008 10:33 am

You can buy a bracket here:
http://www.berrienbuggy.com/id79.htm
Don
Buggy Nut

Postby Rustybuggy » 05 Sat Jan, 2008 11:39 am

yes the Y tubes are still there but one is bent almost closed and i will need to open it up

thanks for the link but i may have to try and build me some 40$ for the brackets seems a little steep i am on a tight budget (trying to do this with a pregnant wife :) )
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
Rustybuggy
Buggy Builder

Return to Technical Talk