Manx 2 on the samba

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

Manx 2 on the samba

Postby Aquabuggy » 05 Mon Feb, 2007 9:12 pm

This would be nice, wish I could afford it. Maybe Jimmy & Donna can add it to there stable.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/ ... ?id=415158
My name is Chris and well I'm a buggy-aholic

04 Aqua buggy - sold
72 Orange buggy - sold
72 Green longbody - aka Shrek http://texasmanxclub.com/bboard/viewtopic.php?t=1082
68 Manx - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2509
Aquabuggy
Buggyholic

Postby Rick Leddon » 06 Tue Feb, 2007 9:17 am

That buggy body has been around for a while. It was first delivered new here in Texas in 1970. It is one of the last Manx II built when Bruce Meyers was no longer with the copy. It has one of the 4 digit id tags, no renforcing tubes, no emblems. The fiberglass is real thin.

It sat in a barn in West Texas until about 2002. I first saw it for sale in Lubbock in 2003. It was sold three times that year and first shipped to Indiana, then Ill. and then to Austin Tx. Rick Marcus was the guy in Austin who bought it.

I gave Rick Marcus a great deal on a rollor Manx and hr was to sell me the Manx for what he paid for it, $1650. That was 3 years ago and while I have never seen the roller again, I am still waiting for the Manx II body.

The guy selling the Manx II Rusty Tubs is the name Rick Marcus is using now. He is also selling new clone bodys on Samba.

The Manx II does have a rich color, but him not sure it won't need to be repainted it has some pretty bad spots on it from being drug on it's side across contrete. I could live with the body not being show quality, heck it's forty years old.
Rick Leddon
Buggy Nut

Postby David Head » 06 Tue Feb, 2007 3:26 pm

Thanks for the insight Rick.
It's always good to have someone in the know.
David
Maroon Manx

(o\_!_/o)
David Head
Buggyholic

Return to General Discussion