what did you get?

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

what did you get?

Postby blackthree4me » 26 Tue Dec, 2006 10:49 am

ok now that the religious part is outa the way
just a fun post to see what all buggy stuff we got
I got a bundle of screwdrivers
some cash thats good
a Haynes manual that I already had. LOL
(anybody wanna buy a manual 54 to 74 bettle / KG)
and a spot light 2 million candle power man its bright

all and all a good time had by everyone
post up
what did ya get
blackthree4me
if it aint broke, break it then fix it
blackthree4me
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 26 Tue Dec, 2006 11:23 pm

I had a GREAT Christmas!!!
My wife bought me a set of seats! Black Cloth! Just what I wanted! She knows me so well.
I got a set of gages from my brother! (Oil Temp, Volts, & Oil PSI) Do I need anything other then that...Other then Speed and RPM?
I also got a bunch of tools!
My Mom made me a photo album of my whole family! Its cool, it has photos of me as a baby, Mom, Dad, & Step Dad as Babies. My brother and I as kids, people that have been long gone. Its REALLY REALLY Cool! She really worked hard on it. One of the best photos was me next to my first car, a Orange 1969 VW Baja Bug. It also has a photo of me at my first day of work at age 14. I dressed up as a chicken for a fast food restaurant. HaHaHa
It was a great Christmas, we had everyone over to our house. I think my Mom passed the torch over to my wife. HeHe
Ohh and I guess my job gave a gift as well. I am now the Sales Manager of the MINI Center of San Antonio. Yea!
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Buggy1 » 27 Wed Dec, 2006 5:11 pm

:lol: I got a lot of new fancy tools and I got a NOS set of old school steering brakes! I am now working on a story of the installations of the steering brakes and Emergency brakes tricks to make your installs easier.

We will be doing it OLD SCHOOL BABY!

Neal ;-)
Neal
Texas manx Club #1
RBC Dune Buggy Club
DSB Buggies
Meyer's Manx Dune Buggy Club #1898
Buggy1
Buggy Nut

Postby ckolek » 27 Wed Dec, 2006 8:03 pm

had a great Christmas got well needed bench grinder retractable drop light and other misc tools but most of all the the smiling face of my almost 3 year old daughter when she saw that Santa had been there [ the little things that mean the most]
ckolek
Buggyholic

Postby David O' » 27 Wed Dec, 2006 8:22 pm

Amen on the happy faces....I got the thrill of seeing my grandkid telling me (in broken words) all about the fat man coming and eating her cookies and drinking her milk!
I tell you....seeing kids have a good time and being able to believe in nothing but fun can't help but bring the moods up!
Wife's family (34 in all) had eight little ones around and man was that a site!
I think that the one that got to me the most was one little girl who has a dad that is a real piece of work and a mother who don't give a pshaw...get an electric new beetle to drive! It was the first time I've seen that kid smile, just makes you glad you were there to see the moment.
OH, the car stays at grandpa's (her's) house so the parents won't sell it!
Too much food.....to much noise....too much fun......wish all days could be like that!
Oh, and my son has made the request to make his girl a toy dune buggy.....GEE, I HOPE THAT I CAN FIND A PARTS HOUSE! LOL!
If at first you don't succeed, beat the pshaw out of the business partner, and then go at it alone! LOL!
David O'
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 27 Wed Dec, 2006 11:54 pm

This Christmas was the first that was held at my house, we all had such a good time simply talking. If we watched 20 mins of TV the whole day I would be surprised. My girls had smiles on their faces all day long, My brother enjoyed talking to my Father in Law. It was such a great day, it is a shame that it only happens once a year!
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby ckolek » 28 Thu Dec, 2006 9:18 am

[img][img]http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m44/ckolek/pedal%20boat/projects041.jpg[/img] this is my daughters first buggy.it was my wifes when she was a child i restored it and gave it for Christmas.If you could have seen the faces of my wife and daughter [you cant buy that stuff] check out the link http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m44/ ... al%20boat/
ckolek
Buggyholic

Postby David O' » 28 Thu Dec, 2006 11:20 am

Ok, thanks for making the bar soooo high for the rest of us.....now I'm really going to have to work at the one for my grandkid. I mean, wow, I'm impressed! (REALLY!)
If at first you don't succeed, beat the pshaw out of the business partner, and then go at it alone! LOL!
David O'
Buggyholic

Postby blackthree4me » 30 Sat Dec, 2006 9:20 am

wow I see a best of show in her future
Iduno if I would want to let my boys ride in that LOL
we redid my oldest Bike this past year we made it a #9 Kasey kahne
not anotherone out there like it he loves it and takes much better care of it than he used to
nice job
blackthree4me
if it aint broke, break it then fix it
blackthree4me
Buggyholic

Return to General Discussion