New post about engine class...my rave!

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

New post about engine class...my rave!

Postby David O' » 12 Tue Dec, 2006 3:01 am

I'm posting this because I believe that this needs to be said, I'm serious about how I build engines, and what I use. It is based on over 30 years of doing it. I don't mind answering the questions involved in what to look for, and what will or won't work, but I will not spend hours and hours batting down the free advice or recomendations of what most people think is the best way to build an engine.
(Not that anyone has yet done this, however, I can see the "outsiders" lurking in the wings....and the bull is starting.
ie---well so and so says.......but I read on the forums.....I know a guy and he says.....well I think that it is the thingy on the air tin.....
I garentee that the rule EVERYONE should use is, .......you say that, will you put YOUR MONEY on what I spend for this if it doesn't work?
I will bet 99 out of 100 won't.....that is the difference between KNOWING what you are talking about and just throwing out the bull.
In case you don't know what I'm talking about just start a thread on what kind or oil to use, and how to cool it....and watch the poop fly! (just as one example)

By the way...I think that all of the people on the web, including me, should let people know where they are from, and how they drive their cars....so you can deside if that is how you want to drive your car.

Most of this post is based upon ALL of the forums that I read, and I can tell you, I don't think that I've ever seen so many, who know so little, talk so much, and still not wipe when they are done. I don't want to see that on this forum.....we got a good thing going here, and I think that it should stay that way. The class is ment to do the guys right, and that shouldn't change either! I will back up everything that I say, show, or do.
I hope I haven't made people mad.
If at first you don't succeed, beat the pshaw out of the business partner, and then go at it alone! LOL!
David O'
Buggyholic

Postby Russhebert » 12 Tue Dec, 2006 7:04 pm

RIGHT ON!
Russhebert
Buggy Nut

Postby Faron » 12 Tue Dec, 2006 10:39 pm

Thats right David!
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Return to General Discussion