Where is everybody ?

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

Where is everybody ?

Postby iwantabuggy » 04 Mon Dec, 2006 11:29 am

Sure must be some great building going on, this board sure got quiet.

While I'm at it, can I run brakes just on the rear? Is this legal? And are disc brakes really any better than stock drum brakes?
iwantabuggy

Postby David O' » 04 Mon Dec, 2006 11:31 am

That is not legal for street use! Yes the disc are better at stopping the car, especially in a pouring rain.
If at first you don't succeed, beat the pshaw out of the business partner, and then go at it alone! LOL!
David O'
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 04 Mon Dec, 2006 9:58 pm

Yea this club seems to go through quiet times! It will pick up pretty quick!
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby blackthree4me » 04 Mon Dec, 2006 11:09 pm

wall flowers LOL
we here just aint got mutch to say
ask away and you shall heer some talking
evrybodys shy

got my new Hot VWs in today
nice article on SA Jenks wild blown toad
good for him
blackthree4me
if it aint broke, break it then fix it
blackthree4me
Buggyholic

Postby Buggy1 » 06 Wed Dec, 2006 2:26 pm

Well Howdy All,

I am working on all new seats, new side pods, adjustable front end,new tops, Neil Decker and I are going to be redoing the bumpers to make the inspection people happy, and I am making a totally new dash that will work with my physical problems as well as hold alll the new gauges that are needed for the new engine combo.

The ole F1 Hawk is going to be getting a new tranny as well as a increditable motor with extras. She will be something to look at if you can catch her............the engine may half to wait till the summer ( money :-) ).

I have heard through the vine that there are going to be some new buggies out there for our spring show, so every one get ready for a great meet.

Neal :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The F1 Super Hawk
Neal
Texas manx Club #1
RBC Dune Buggy Club
DSB Buggies
Meyer's Manx Dune Buggy Club #1898
Buggy1
Buggy Nut

Postby madmike » 19 Tue Dec, 2006 9:54 am

Hi from the great white north(snow all but 5months out of the year)Atlanta Mi,My wife's a Dog Sledder :lol: I live in a rural area of the Mackinaw State forest,great trails,but there closing more to off roading all the time,plus this 50+ yr O'bod of mine is leaning toward street buggy,I built a 2332 dual Weber,torque Monster,for a Old Bandit but it's kind of heavy,real thick glass,so I found a SandShark thats in better condishion,I have pix but I know just enuff about computers to get me in trouble :shock:As Owner of MAD Racing an Off- road Performance shop I would like to offer my Head porting services to trade for parts(I love to barter)Let me know what u got maybe we can deal? I need a lowered linkpin beam , lowered link spindles for drum brakes,Centerline type rims,wheeelbars,suspention seats,thanks,Later Madmike
madmike
Buggy Builder

Postby Keith Wenzel » 19 Tue Dec, 2006 8:38 pm

I'll add to this:

We picked up the frame from Hawkeye the day before Thanksgiving. This weekend we found a fiberglass buggy sitting on a 68 or 69 VW that had been cut down. We plan on taking the front end and the rear IRS off it and some of the floor pan. The body is a clone of a manx. The front looks real similiar to the manx. The rear isn't as close. Either way, it will need some repair and new paint.

We haven't sold the rail yet and haven't been trying. So far, with the money we have spent, the CFO is allocating the funds on an "as needed basis".

Additionally, we won a door prize at 4 Wheel Parts which entitles us to any set of 4 Pro Comp wheels(up to 17"). I haven't decided if I want to buy adapters for the wheels to use on the VW or get 4 popular wheels and sell them on ebay in order to get wheels that fit the VW.
Father and Son Projects
Keith Wenzel
Buggy Driver

Return to General Discussion