progress on projects

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

progress on projects

Postby ckolek » 04 Sat Nov, 2006 5:09 pm

finaly on a roll with both projects pan for buggy painted and ready for reassembly
ckolek
Buggyholic

Postby Frontloader » 04 Sat Nov, 2006 9:19 pm

My project continues with no end in sight. Working on the paint trying to get it to cure. Need to complete the engine assembly. The carb will need to be totally rebuilt also.

Wiring also needs to be done. Hoping to do the layout on the floor and test all lights and systems before running wires in buggy.

One of these days!
Frontloader
Buggy Driver

Postby Bill K » 05 Sun Nov, 2006 11:49 am

I think Murzi built his own wiring harness, and did it all before hand. He might be able to be a big help, because I think it all went pretty smoothly for him.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Frontloader » 05 Sun Nov, 2006 2:53 pm

Bill

I have the harness and half of it laid out and labeled. The rear half I need to do next.

The turn signals are one concern as I am using the '61 turn signal unit and it will need to be wired a little different this time. Using a new flasher relay also. I think I have it figured out but want to do a test run before mounting everything in place.

At my age, lying under the dash is not something I am looking forward to. Once the dash is installed, all I want to do is make two or three connections via multi wire plugs and be finished.

As slow as things are progressing, I may be running by next summer.
Frontloader
Buggy Driver

Postby Bill K » 05 Sun Nov, 2006 10:17 pm

That's a big mistake I made: not pre wiring under the dash before installing the hood/dash. It took over six months for my neck to get right after doing all the wiring with the dash in.
I'm hoping things speed up for you, and we will see your new car in time for the VW Classic in Fredricksburg in April, and if not there, for sure at the Blast in May.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Return to General Discussion