Cool Front End!!!

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

Cool Front End!!!

Postby Faron » 03 Tue Oct, 2006 10:24 pm

Does this guy have wider front Suspension arms? Its the look of his front end that is so cool to me. Is it the fact that he has Pizza cuter wheels and tires? What is it that he has done to the front end to make it look like that???
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby BriceRG » 04 Wed Oct, 2006 9:00 am

It looks like he has just a king/linkpin front end without any shocks. The rims are just spindle mount and do not have any brakes. It may make it harder to register a buggy for the street since the only brakes you would have are in the rear.

(Rim D)

http://www.jcwhitney.com/wcsstore/jcwhi ... G_CL_1.jpg

I think I have seen some torsion arms that are 2" longer in the back of the VW magazines before, usually with the sandrails.
BriceRG

Postby carlos del carpio » 04 Wed Oct, 2006 7:33 pm

It does seem wider.. there are those who add 2 adjusters to each beam and extend the front end..
you must have pride....in your ride....
carlos del carpio
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 04 Wed Oct, 2006 9:10 pm

Ahhh we will see what I do....I do know that I will have shocks & Front disk brakes. We shall see what I do for wheels!
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby mkparker » 16 Mon Oct, 2006 7:27 pm

Check out this one, wider and extended trailing arms:

Info here:Mid budget, midtravel buggy
mkparker
Buggy Driver

Postby Faron » 16 Mon Oct, 2006 9:04 pm

Yeppers That is going to be one cool looking Buggy! I like it!
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Aquabuggy » 16 Mon Oct, 2006 9:42 pm

carlos del carpio wrote:It does seem wider.. there are those who add 2 adjusters to each beam and extend the front end..

Yep that is how I did mine 2 adjusters. added 5 inches total to the beam plus gained another 1.5 inches from using thing spindles ended up 6.5 inches wider then stock.
The thing spindles also add 2.5 inches of lift over stock type1 spindles.
Stock doner beam on top widened beam on bottom. If I can do it anybody can so Go for it Faron
Aquabuggy
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 17 Tue Oct, 2006 8:37 am

I am going to assume that the "Thing Spindles" are a direct fit to the Ball joint front end that I have now? You said that it adds lift, what about width? Then what is the best option for the rear end?

Ohh and another question about wheels. I am planning on using 16 by 9.5 inch rear wheels, and 15 by 6 inch front wheels. What is the offset that I need to use in order for it to fit over my disk breaks. I want the rear end to be a little wider then the front, but have no idea on the offset.

Ohhh and by the way... I am trying to go to the 14Th Annual Oktoberfest VW Car Show and Swap Meet Boerne, TX. . So if that offer for a ride in a Orange Dune Buggy still stands or any Dune Buggy for that matter......Hint! Hint! Hint!
Faron
Buggyholic

Boerne

Postby Texasbuggys » 17 Tue Oct, 2006 12:49 pm

Chris you going to make that show?
Get your new short or long body, custom chassis, show cages, bumpers and accessories at http://www.texasbuggys.com

E-Mail Texasbuggys@suddenlink.net or call 361-218-6272
Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

Faron

Postby Texasbuggys » 17 Tue Oct, 2006 12:49 pm

Is that show on Sat or Sunday? Any links to it?
Get your new short or long body, custom chassis, show cages, bumpers and accessories at http://www.texasbuggys.com

E-Mail Texasbuggys@suddenlink.net or call 361-218-6272
Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

Postby Aquabuggy » 17 Tue Oct, 2006 4:30 pm

Bobby,
The cruise is on saturday show on sunday.
Don't know yet if Ill be going or not. Are you planning on going?
http://www.vosaclub.org/okto2006.paypal.html

Faron, You need thing trailing arms also thing spindles use a diffrent ball joint and yes they do add a little width about 3/4" each for a total of about 1.5" overall.
Or you can get these any where from 1" to 3" of lift and they will work with your type 1 trailing arms.
http://www.blindchickenracing.com/Produ ... _spindles_
I dont think there would be any problem running 15"wheels.
orange buggy is running 15s with disc brakes up front.
Aquabuggy
Buggyholic

Postby madmike » 12 Tue Dec, 2006 12:10 pm

Looks to me He's cut the fenders,does look cool,unless you run a heavy frontend with wide front tires (street only) Disc brakes suck they lock up to quick unless you install a proporsioning valve( can't spell) just my 2cents
madmike
Buggy Builder

Return to General Discussion