What is this?

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

What is this?

Postby Faron » 07 Mon Aug, 2006 10:26 pm

What in the world is this?

Is it worth the money?

If it is where do I get one?

Will I be able to do everything I want with it? You know all the stuff for legal & a nice sound system?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_ ... _id=294720
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby GregR » 08 Tue Aug, 2006 8:35 am

I have a Painless wiring fuse block in mine. Very nice but...BIG. Talk to Murzi and get his drawings for one like that. Small and compact.
The 12 circuit Painless is probably more than you need but the quality of their stuff is excellent. They are located in Ft.Worth and have a website if you want to research them more. Like I said, the only issue I have with mine is that the fuse block is big, almost too big (dimensionally) for a buggy, makes it hard to hide.
GR
GregR
GregR
Site Admin

Postby Mike & Mel » 09 Wed Aug, 2006 11:22 am

We have the Painless 12-curcuit block in our buggy. It fits just fine on the firewall just above the pan hump. I wanted to get away from the old style German fuses and go to a readily available ATO style fuse you can pick up at most convenience stores. I like the Painless product as it gives you an always hot side, and an ignition switch-on side in one unit, and has enough curcuits to run most anything you need in a buggy, including turn signal and hazard relays. Only thing is, it's a bit pricey at just below $100, but I feel well worth it. :D
Mike & Mel
Manx Club #2265
RBC - THE Place to Be. www.RBCdunebuggy.org
Texas Manx Club
One of T.O.P.s
Joe Poty Sand Rover
Mike & Mel
Buggy Nut

Postby carlos del carpio » 09 Wed Aug, 2006 12:40 pm

painless is a great brand.. good for off road vehicles or hot rods... can't say anything personal, I don't have one
you must have pride....in your ride....
carlos del carpio
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 09 Wed Aug, 2006 10:47 pm

Thank you, I will keep this in mind when I get to this step!
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Return to General Discussion