A Little Bad News

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

A Little Bad News

Postby Faron » 26 Wed Jul, 2006 12:14 am

Well I am afraid that I have some bad news. Ryan and I were suppose to take his buggy to have a cage built on Sunday, but plans changed. Buggyryan is in the hospital, and has been sense Thursday evening. Ryan had a stroke Thursday night, and that's not the strange part, Ryan just turned 43 on the Tuesday before. That is the bad news, the good news is that I think he will be OK. The stroke affected his left side but he seems to be getting better all the time. Friday evening he asked his girlfriend if I was still going to take his buggy to have the cage built. I went to visit him on Sunday, and he scratched his right arm with his left. I joked with him a little , he smiled and laughed with us. He talked about something that happened a few weeks prior. So all in all I think he will be OK, it will just take time! I just hope our parts department does not fall apart before he can get back to work!
The kid who helped me take his buggy to the welder and I have decided that we will do our very best to get as much done on his buggy as we can, so that he will be able to drive it soon after he heals from this whole stroke thing. Please keep Ryan in your prayers, and ask God to give him the physical and mental health he will need to get back to his life! Ryan is a good man, and would do anything for just about anyone! He is a good friend, and I pray that he makes a quick recovery. I only hope that he does not get upset for me telling you guys about his problem.
Thanks,
Faron :(
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby carlos del carpio » 26 Wed Jul, 2006 12:44 am

aw no way! That's a bummer... speedy recovery, man! I'm sending you my karma and chi! That will help!
you must have pride....in your ride....
carlos del carpio
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 26 Wed Jul, 2006 9:49 pm

I will go see him in the Hosp tomorrow, I will tell him you said that Carlos!
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 26 Wed Jul, 2006 11:41 pm

Yea, Faron
Please give him my regards. I met him and you at the Classic at Fredricksburg, and he seemed like a nice guy just like you said.
Linda and I will be praying for him.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 27 Thu Jul, 2006 9:52 pm

I went to go see him this afternoon! I am so glad I did, he looks GREAT! It wont be long until he is on here bugging everyone! We had a long chat and he moved around a lot! He is wanting to go home already! Ryan is going to be just fine! I cant wait to see him behind the parts counter again. He is a good buddy!
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Aquabuggy » 28 Fri Jul, 2006 5:23 pm

Glad to here ryan is doing well.
Aquabuggy
Buggyholic

Postby blackthree4me » 29 Sat Jul, 2006 12:32 pm

we are all pulling for a speedy recovery for ya Ryan get well soon
and stay off the sauce will ya LOL just kiding
blackthree4me
if it aint broke, break it then fix it
blackthree4me
Buggyholic

Ryan mojo sent your way

Postby Texasbuggys » 29 Sat Jul, 2006 4:24 pm

Hope he gets to feeling better!
Get your new short or long body, custom chassis, show cages, bumpers and accessories at http://www.texasbuggys.com

E-Mail Texasbuggys@suddenlink.net or call 361-218-6272
Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

Postby David O' » 29 Sat Jul, 2006 5:45 pm

Tell Ryan that David O' said hey....and I'm praying for his recovery!
If at first you don't succeed, beat the pshaw out of the business partner, and then go at it alone! LOL!
David O'
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 29 Sat Jul, 2006 7:44 pm

He started physical therapy, and although I have not seen hm sense Thursday he seems to be getting better every day! I am sure he appreciates the prayers.
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby JohnS » 02 Wed Aug, 2006 12:11 pm

Just to give every one an update. Ryan is doing great, and is progressing very quickly with his physical therapy and if all goes well this week he will be released from the rehab facility his is in and can go home on Sunday. Then with luck in another week or two he will be able to return to work. I am very glad he has his buggy project as I am sure this will keep him motivated to continue to improve and heal both physically and mentally. I am also glad to hear of the support and good wishes and thoughts of the members on this board. I should talk to him today so I will pass it along to him that you guys are pulling for him. Being that I am his brother it is good to know people are behind him and his recovery.

Thank you all,

John
JohnS
Buggy Dude

Postby JohnS » 09 Wed Aug, 2006 5:40 pm

Just a quick update on my brother Ryan. He is finally home today! He will have to go to physical therapy three days a week for the next three weeks and then he hopefully will be cleared to go back to work and can get back to work on his buggy. But at least now after close to three weeks he is finally home.
JohnS
Buggy Dude

Postby Faron » 09 Wed Aug, 2006 10:44 pm

Yea! I talked to him this afternoon, and he will be back to himself in no time. His Roll cage should be finished up pretty quick. Then he will be able to work on it in order to get his strength back. HAHAHA He keeps telling me that he will finially be able to catch up to me now! I DOUBT IT!!! No way Ryan, you cant catch me I am the fiberglass man! HaHaHa
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby buggyryan » 12 Sat Aug, 2006 12:48 pm

thank you everyone for the prayers and kind thoughts.i m back home finally and looking forward to corinuing to improve and get back to a normal lifestyle this has been a real bummer so far. it has helped me to loose almost 45 pounds while i was in the hospital :D
buggyryan
Buggy Nut

Postby blackthree4me » 14 Mon Aug, 2006 7:59 am

theres no place like HOME!
glad to hear you are doing well
blackthree4me
if it aint broke, break it then fix it
blackthree4me
Buggyholic

Postby David O' » 14 Mon Aug, 2006 3:37 pm

Glad to know that your home.....hospitals and hospital food will make you ill! I'm still "tossing up some words" for you guy and wish you and yours the best and speedy recovery!
David O'
If at first you don't succeed, beat the pshaw out of the business partner, and then go at it alone! LOL!
David O'
Buggyholic

Best Wishes for a speedy recovery...

Postby towddude » 17 Thu Aug, 2006 10:01 pm

Ryan,
You don' t know me but those of us on the West Coast , Manx Club, RBCers and buggy folks in general wish you a speedy recovery. I had the pleasure of attending this years Buggy Blast and if you are one of those I met it was my pleasure to have made your acquaintce. Buggyism is the best therapy I know.
God Bless,
Baja Manxter
Bob
towddude

HeHeHe

Postby Faron » 17 Thu Aug, 2006 10:27 pm

I am going to help him pick up his buggy from the welder on Sunday. I am going to bring it back to my house to bondo the welds and put a coat of primer on it. I am sure it will just sit in his back yard after that. Ryan likes the couch better then he likes to work on his Buggy. He keeps telling me that he is going to have his finished before I do, but I doubt it! HaHaHa He is way to big of a sissy to work on it! Come on Ryan GET TO WORK!
Faron
Buggyholic

Return to General Discussion