Crazy Idea!!!

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

Crazy Idea!!!

Postby Faron » 06 Thu Jul, 2006 11:44 pm

8-) A buddy of mine and I were talking this evening, and we came up with a crazy idea. We were looking for something out of the ordinary to do for fun. We were thinking about a Plastic model car contest. We are not talking about going out and spending all kinds of money to do so, just a little. If you are interested then let us know! The rules are as follows.
1.) The maximum you can spend is $50.00
2.) You can build any car, truck, or van you want.
3.) You will have to start with a photo posted of your model in the box, and the finished piece. Sort of a Before and after photo.
4.) The whole thing has to be built, painted, by yourself. (You can have no help from anyone.)
5.) Only what you can see in your display is to be judged. (In other words if you do not have the hood open the motor can not be judged.)
6.) We can have the judging here on the web with photos on the forum.
7.) The deadline for completion will be Tuesday August 1st, 2006.
8.) Voting will be by others on the forum via a email to me.
This is not for prize money just for fun. If this sounds like something that you would like to do email me at faron@driveoutasthma.com
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby carlos del carpio » 07 Fri Jul, 2006 1:51 am

..and you can only use parts available from old vw's and buggys?
you must have pride....in your ride....
carlos del carpio
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 07 Fri Jul, 2006 8:25 am

I guess you can tell I am in the saving mode when it come to my buggy. So things are going to move pretty slow on the buggy for a little while!
Because of that I am looking for things to do to keep me from going crazy!
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby carlos del carpio » 07 Fri Jul, 2006 9:29 am

Not to post-hijack, but make a new topic about that...I know there are people like myself that buy stuff, and end up not using 'em.... so putting all of our unused parts together, we have a pretty large choice! Maybe some of our leftover parts (being used or new) could benefit ya! (and it'll be way cheaper!)

I'm in the same boat, trying to do what I can while spending the least! This includes detailing the buggy, making the rear console (cause all it takes is spare plywood, etc.).... hopefully work will pick up!
you must have pride....in your ride....
carlos del carpio
Buggyholic

Postby GregR » 07 Fri Jul, 2006 9:48 am

don't forget the Buggy Parts for sale section of the Forums
http://www.texasmanxclub.com/bboard/viewforum.php?f=4&sid=2610f008a043664f28def9118bbd5bbb
GregR
GregR
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion