New 4 set Buggy body?

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

New 4 set Buggy body?

Postby mkparker » 04 Tue Jul, 2006 10:50 am

I looked around and didn't see this posted yet. I like it! What do yall think?
Samba Ad for Buggy Body

mkparker
Buggy Driver

Postby carlos del carpio » 04 Tue Jul, 2006 1:40 pm

Man, I hate 2 tone buggies, but wow, this looks sharp!!!! You put a red pan/cage/suspension, it's gonna pop! Wow! What are those lights from? Looks like the ones on a 2003+ chevy truck! Is that so? Wow! And the rear is already "benched out", just need to add foam and material! Nice dash, and the rear bulkhead cut-out is filled! Perfect for a tube chassis! This will make one buyer quite happy!
you must have pride....in your ride....
carlos del carpio
Buggyholic

Postby mkparker » 04 Tue Jul, 2006 4:52 pm

Copy from the ad:

All new 4 seat dune buggy body , fits full length VW pan , seperate dash with opening hood for easy access to wiring , uses 2003 Chevy truck headlights (not included) , 10" wider interior than a standard buggy , 68" wide at front fenders , 72 " wide at rear fenders , windshield is 50" wide , built in 3" body lift and raised fenders , clearance for 33x10.50 tire on 3x3 arms in rear , clearance for 700x16 tires on 6" wider beam with 2 1/2" arms in front , rear seat sits lower for more headroom , will also fit stock pan and running gear available in aproximately 3 weeks , windshield $180 , bright and custom colors extra.

I'm not wild about the two-tone either, but the rest looks good so far. I like to see a completed buggy.
mkparker
Buggy Driver

Two Tone Buggy

Postby Patrick » 04 Tue Jul, 2006 6:47 pm

But did you see the photos of the rear of this buggy? There's none. No place to put your lights in the fiberglass...

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/ ... ?id=331101
Patrick
Buggyholic

Postby carlos del carpio » 04 Tue Jul, 2006 11:13 pm

no room, if your only choice was to put them on the fender..you can put the lights BETWEEN the fenders, plenty of room, or on the rear cage!
carlos del carpio
Buggyholic

Postby bobaganoosh » 05 Wed Jul, 2006 3:43 pm

I like the headlight location, but I wish it wasn't so flat or boxy looking

mike
It aint for show, but it sho will go.
bobaganoosh
Buggy Nut

Postby Gunfighter » 06 Thu Jul, 2006 6:17 pm

An add for these bodies in on the samba in the classifieds.
I like the headlights. Gives it a low mean look.
Personally I like it but he's pretty expensive.
I'm not sure about the tail section though but it's growing on me. Sure makes for easy access that's for sure.
Last edited by Gunfighter on 07 Fri Jul, 2006 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
65 Beetle-Chigger
71 Ghia Vert-Gert
Gunfighter
Buggy Builder

Postby Gunfighter » 06 Thu Jul, 2006 6:20 pm

carlos del carpio wrote:Man, I hate 2 tone buggies, but wow, this looks sharp!!!! You put a red pan/cage/suspension, it's gonna pop! Wow! What are those lights from? Looks like the ones on a 2003+ chevy truck! Is that so? Wow! And the rear is already "benched out", just need to add foam and material! Nice dash, and the rear bulkhead cut-out is filled! Perfect for a tube chassis! This will make one buyer quite happy!

Yea he could have used a little more thought. It looks like a hood from another car that he just hasn't painted yet.
Now if he'd carried the red accross the top of the body along the ridge and down into the body I think he'd have something for sure.
Keep looking at it. It will grow on you.
65 Beetle-Chigger
71 Ghia Vert-Gert
Gunfighter
Buggy Builder

Postby mkparker » 10 Mon Jul, 2006 4:08 pm

I spoke with Ken Lock out in Cali the other day. This is just a buck for the mold(not a two toned finished product). Some new bodies are expected any day now. I plan to check them out in person next week while I'm out there. I'll post any new pics I come up with.
mkparker
Buggy Driver

Postby carlos del carpio » 10 Mon Jul, 2006 5:40 pm

Hm..I've been thinking about why the fenders are so small... is it due to clearances for the long offroad travel? Maybe? It's sharp lookin
carlos del carpio
Buggyholic

Tail lights

Postby drc1toy//Froggy » 04 Fri Aug, 2006 8:26 am

You could allways mount the tail lights on a bar like the back of the Baha in the photo. Then the finders don't mater and your not cutting the fiberglass.
Just kidding on the Sex,Drugs & Rock n Roll Hehe!! Family is frist then cars, hunting, ridding & swiming, but most of all just having fun in life with the ones I love..
drc1toy//Froggy
Buggy Dude

Return to General Discussion