Buggy Blast Thanks

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

Buggy Blast Thanks

Postby blackthree4me » 05 Mon Jun, 2006 2:23 pm

WE all Have alot to be thankfull for
FIRST I want to thank GOD.
for all the things he did for us over the weekend that we did not see
and for what we did see like beautiful weather, no accedents, and allot of great folks.
Special Thanks goes out to Greg R and David H for there supper hard work and tirelss planning for the Blast (3 day event)
Nice job boys!!!!!
Salado voulenteer fire DEPT ( MMM Good food and Cold beverages)
Salado Chamber of comerse ( You want us to be there at what time) ]

Thanks to ALL our voulenteers (Im shure I forgot allot of folks).
at the registration table The Lindas , Eddie H, Suzzie R, and all the other gals that helped out.
dont forget Murzi for adding that little bit of cajun flair to the anouncing booth
Ronnie H for driving that sound system all the way upthere and its flawless performance thruout the day
Bob and the wife for the awsome help with parking job duites
Jane D for the yummy breakfast on sunday morning
and alll the other folks that pitched in behinde the sceins
with hats and shirts, trophys, donations to the scotish wright ECT ECT ECT,
and all the other little things that go along with a show.

I am shure next year will be just as good
and with everyones help twice as big

so A big ol TEXAS THANKS YALL !!

Blackthree4me
if it aint broke, break it then fix it
blackthree4me
Buggyholic

amen to that!!

Postby Texasbuggys » 05 Mon Jun, 2006 6:08 pm

We had a great time as well and enjoyed getting to visit with lots of folks! I was so glad to see the Manxster up close and two fine examples being there both differnt styles of a really awesome step up from the buggys of yesterday. It was really cool to get to meet up and enjoy the labor of love from all the great builders and soon to be builders at the show! Conn, Az, NV, and even wild man Gene from San Mateo CA. I may just take ya up on that offer to visit the lighted palm in the desret bar next year!! It was great having a little breakfast and talking about some wild adventures! I spent lots of time this year visiting with a lot of builders and talking with each about their cars and their histories. Murzi showed me some cool tricks that were so simple but very well executed and really added some detail where others would not have spent the time. The Tuttles and their awesome paint work would have made an oil rich Sheik jealous with all the bling bling! Great job. There were so many other awesomely detaild buggies this year and so many intresting folks to visit with. I was really impressed with the history and original records on the green lowered original Manx with the detailed Corvair power out back, very excellent record of retention from the original signed invoice from 1969 for the body, windsheild, top and even the tires. I hope to see each and everyone again next year! Only everyone has to bring at least one more freing and there buggy or car to the show! To the fire Dept. guys, that was one heck of a brisket guys! I want to place my order early for on next year!!! Patrick and Lori, I am glad you needed to get rid of stuff and I could help you out by taking it and Chris for hauling it! Thanks guys! David, ya hooked a lot of us up on brand spanking new hotel, just in time! Shawn, seeing and hearing your Bug with the rotory power sure brings back memories my freing and good luck on the child producing times! LOL!!!
Get your new short or long body, custom chassis, show cages, bumpers and accessories at http://www.texasbuggys.com

E-Mail Texasbuggys@suddenlink.net or call 361-218-6272
Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 05 Mon Jun, 2006 6:20 pm

I just want to say AMEN to what Steve and Bobby just said, and especially to what Steve had to say about thanking God for the seen and unseen blessings. How very true, Steve. Well said.
As far as I'm concerned this show was a "Knock-em-Out-Of-The-Park Homerun" !!!!!
My only regret is I have to wait a year to enjoy something as much fun as this show was for me.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

We know we missed out!

Postby Faron » 05 Mon Jun, 2006 10:04 pm

Ryan and I were talking about how we were both very disappointed in not getting to be at this awesome event. It sounds like everything went off without a hitch. The planning and sleepless nights behind putting something like this together is unimaginable. I look forward to your event next year. Whats the date so I can start working towards getting that time off?
Great Job, I am sorry that I missed it!
Faron
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby GregR » 06 Tue Jun, 2006 8:41 am

Looks like it'll be June 2 and 3 2007. Lots of folks said that even though it was hot, they liked the June date....... :D

And I too would like to thank everyone that pitched in. It was a real club effort. THANKS, we should be proud of our efforts. As soon as I have time to get the numbers crunched, I'll annouce the donation to TSRH.
Last edited by GregR on 07 Wed Jun, 2006 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GregR
GregR
Site Admin

Postby David O' » 07 Wed Jun, 2006 4:24 pm

I'm just going to say that I believe this show to be one of the best that I have been a part of. I really enjoyed getting to put the faces with the names!
In short, a well done show with a well done time, and good time for the wife and I!
A lot of work went into this, and it showed!
I would like to thank everyone who stopped by my booth and thank you for taking the time to say HI!
If at first you don't succeed, beat the pshaw out of the business partner, and then go at it alone! LOL!
David O'
Buggyholic

Buggy Blast Thanks

Postby towddude » 11 Sun Jun, 2006 11:34 am

Texas Manx Club,
I would also like to add my thanks for a job well done, your run came off as professionally run as any I have ever attended. It was my pleasure to bring the Baja Manxter out and I hope you all enjoyed seeing it. I was also glad to see Tom and Kathleen receive recognition for their effort in building their Manxter and DRIVING it out and back. After all that’s what it’s all about.
Again, you all did a terrific job and I’m looking forward to next year. If any of you are ever out here in Northern Nevada look us up, we’d be glad to put you up and show you the sights…

Bob and Anita
towddude

Postby Tom Kathleen » 12 Mon Jun, 2006 10:25 pm

Gas $468
Miles 4189
Hotel $850
-----------------------
Meeting Buggy People PRICELESS

NEED I SAY MORE???!!!

Of course!! We had a Blast!!!...well, alright the last leg of the trip home was a drag. The last 2 days we traveled with rain on and off. Yuck!

It has taken me a couple of days to get on the site after an e-mail to Greg. I posted on the Manx club site but I know a lot of you don't belong to that forum so I really wanted to post here.

I've always heard that Texas does it big and have heard about Texas hospitality...well the person that wrote the book obviously met all y'all! ;-) (Of course you have to say that with a nasal, northern twang.) The Friday night BBQ was a really nice introduction to everyone and their buggies. The food was really good and the company exceptional. Your show is a smaller show with an intimate feel to it. I really enjoyed that. The lunch that was provided by the fire dpt was tastey! I had the brisket which was excellent!! Again, it was great to put faces with the buggies and to see the buggies in person. ....SO Many great buggies.... 8-) Pictures just don't compare to seeing the buggies in person.

Greg and David, you are extremely organized and packed a lot into a weekend!! (@ least I heard you 2 named repeatedly in the blame..er, I mean credit department.) The show had an abundant number of buggies and rails. The cruises were a nice touch on Saturday and Sunday. For those of you not there, the Saturday night cruise to the resturant included a water crossing of sorts (LOL) and a cow in the road that didn't much care if a bunch of buggies were in the road trying to get past....until it heard some engines ROAR! Then off the road it lumbered wide eyed and looking over its shoulder. There was a cow that tried to run with the buggies and eventually walked out into the road. A little later we come upon about 6 goats who had gotten loose and were by the side of the road. They were wild eyed :shock: and trying to figure out how to get back to the safe side of the fence. Then we had dinner @ a German resturant and for those who stayed, there was live music by a group that played an eclectic musical variety - from German to rock and back.
We stayed for the Sunday morning cruise after much debate. We really needed to make time to get to where we were meeting Tom's friend on Monday afternoon. (800+ miles away) We are so glad we stayed! It was a lovely cruise through the back roads. The scenery was very bucolic and picturesque. We even saw a herd of deer with a full grown buck with a full rack (off the road and alive!! -which is a real novelty on a road trip.) The weather cooperated for the whole weekend which was a blessing.
Again, we met so many great people!!
Donna, it was really neat to see another white metal flake buggy and I love the fact that it belongs to the woman of the house! 8-)
Patrick and Lori, I hope you are motivated to finish your buggy. NOTHING is better than getting out and driving it! Tom and I looked @ your photo site and noticed some really nice touches onyour chassis.
Steve and Linda, you were the first Texas Manx people we met. We enjoyed spending time with you @ the hotel. Say hi to the boys. Beautiful buggy!
Gene, great talking to you. Glad you made it out and we had some time together to share stories.
Ray, Sandi, Raymond and Tigre, you have 2 great buggies! Love the paint! We enjoyed meeting you @ your campsite and chatting.
Bob, great to see the Baja Manxter and meet the person who has chosen to treasure that piece of history! It is fitting since you had involvement with the Baja 1000 and that manxter!
There are sooo many others I would mention if I could remember names well. We had a great and memorable time! We are so glad we had the chance to do this and meet you all!

After staying for the cruise, we hopped on the highway and headed north. Right away, we hit backed up traffic! Tom was saying, "Oh, no! :roll: Now we are going to be stuck in this and we'll never make good time!" Well about 2 miles of stop and go traffic revealed a police car with someone pulled to the side of the road. Darned rubber neckers! Once we got past him, the traffic opened up...but only for about 3 miles. Then we hit another jam, but after that, we sailed through Dallas and kept going into Oklahoma.

Well I have to get back to cleaning the buggy up. She has had a good scrub-down and we are now putting the regular interior (good carpeting and all 4 seats) back in place. Tom has some pictures of both shows posted on the Australian site.

Kathleen

I have some of the pictures up. Go to: www.manxgallery.org/gallery/album290 to see them. We averaged over 25 MPG on this trip.

Tom

Return to General Discussion