Running Out of Gas

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

Running Out of Gas

Postby David Head » 19 Fri May, 2006 8:16 am

NOTE TO SELF: Never trust a 35 year old gas gauge.
2nd NOTE TO SELF: Always carry cell phone.
Edie and I decide to go out for a ride last night. Both of us forgot our cell phones. You see, We live out in the country. If you run out of gas it's a long walk. Fortunately, there was an old farm house with a lady mowing her grass near by. I was able borrow her phone and call Marshall (my son)and have him bring me some gas. Thank God for small miracles. David
Maroon Manx

(o\_!_/o)
David Head
Buggyholic

Postby GregR » 19 Fri May, 2006 8:26 am

David, David, David....... :roll:

I know what running out of gas feels like. Second time I had mine out I ran out of gas...at 60 mph and the gauge reading 1/4 tank. These things coast pretty good but I still had to have help pushing up a small hill and into a school parking lot. Thanks officer, I appreciate the push! :oops: :lol:
GregR
GregR
Site Admin

Postby blackthree4me » 19 Fri May, 2006 12:18 pm

I too ran out of gas
the car sputtered in a real nice area to stop and hang out
my oldest asked do we have gas i think its about to run out
as I firmly stated nahh we got plenty off gas
we drove about 4 miles down the road and ran out at a auto body shop that was closed for the weekend.
ring ring hi huny will you do me a favor

Im impressed your gas gagues work at all mine dosent and its brand new
blackthree4me
if it aint broke, break it then fix it
blackthree4me
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 19 Fri May, 2006 10:26 pm

I installed Dolphin gauges, and their gas gauge is pretty darn accurate. Thank goodness
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby MURZ » 19 Fri May, 2006 10:37 pm

The second car show I went too was 60 miles from the house. I told my wife I am going to drive the buggy to the show. She says yea right? On the interstate? I say, " Look I built every inch of that car---I trust it!!" Needless to say 15 miles later I call her and say, "guess what, I am out of gas!!!!" Stuck on the side of the interstate between exits I pushed that puupy backwards for 1.5 miles to the nearest station, filled up and hauled ba honky to the show. Of course, by the time I got to the show, everyone was razzing me. Now I keep a 5 gal can filled up at the house and almost every time i go on a "journey" I fill up. I plan to add a gauge in the future.
MURZ
Madisonville La
(Just north of where New Orleans used to be)

Dune buggies....Old men have to have something to excercise their minds and bodies
MURZ
Buggyholic

Return to General Discussion