VW classic a sucsess

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

VW classic a sucsess

Postby blackthree4me » 24 Mon Apr, 2006 9:44 am

had a great time
got home safe
nice show
15 buggys
http://www.texasvwclassic.com/
http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/ ... r%20shows/
Hay was up with the the Towd in the dune buggy class?
the anonser said park your car by class or it wont be judged with that class he was parked with the sand rails ?
best I can think is when he registered they asked what he had and he said a myers manx towd and they put him down as a manx
his car is very nice definatly a winner
but I feel like we got cheated out of a hard earned
cup for our boys
next time we should register as a
pre 1968, modified, vw bettle, vert, meyers, manx, kitcar ,special intrest ,type V that should cover us for all the classes
blackthree4me

heres a link to the North houston VW club picks
http://www.nhvwclub.org/tvwc06/tvwc06/index.htm
Last edited by blackthree4me on 25 Tue Apr, 2006 8:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
if it aint broke, break it then fix it
blackthree4me
Buggyholic

Our photos

Postby Patrick » 24 Mon Apr, 2006 11:51 am

Patrick
Buggyholic

Postby David O' » 24 Mon Apr, 2006 4:30 pm

I had a good time, got to check out the lay of the land, so to speak.
The cars were good and the people were nice.
Really glad I got the chance to go and meet the guys who I talk to on the web.....it is an honor to meet guys like , Dale from Corpus Christy, Bobby of Texas buggies, Neil from Hawkeye buggies, Bill Knesek, Greg- of course, saw Faron in his Mini, but didn't get the chance to talk to him.
If at first you don't succeed, beat the pshaw out of the business partner, and then go at it alone! LOL!
David O'
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 24 Mon Apr, 2006 7:45 pm

I wondered about the Towd. I understand it's a Meyer's, but I didn't think it was considered a Manx.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Towd

Postby Patrick » 24 Mon Apr, 2006 8:13 pm

Well that same car was put in the Kit Car class last year and I lost to it. I thought it was a sand rail myself.. I guess he wanted to call it a Manx this year so he could win again.
Patrick
Buggyholic

Postby David O' » 24 Mon Apr, 2006 8:50 pm

Actually, the toad was and is a dune buggy. It was made different due to the nature of the material that the originals were made of.
The mistakes made about those today, is that not people are old enough to remember what the dune buggy craze was all about.
If at first you don't succeed, beat the pshaw out of the business partner, and then go at it alone! LOL!
David O'
Buggyholic

Postby blackthree4me » 24 Mon Apr, 2006 8:57 pm

my bad on the wording on the above statement
I was not trying to say he was not a buggy, just not a manx type
I beliveve my score card on my car said MANX
I should have said was up with the the towd in the MANX class?
please forgive me
just kiddin
blackthree4me

I would love to have one. he did what I would have done.
the frigin blower is way far out
blackthree4me
Buggyholic

Postby GregR » 24 Mon Apr, 2006 10:16 pm

The Tow'd was designed for Baja. In my opinion it's not a "tub buggy." The tow'd is more of a rail with fiberglass seat area and hood. Yes it's built by Meyers but then so is the Manx SR...is that a tub otr a kit? It and the Tow'd aren't a Manx or a Manx Type.
Here's the Class definition for Manx and Manx Type for the classic web site MANX & MANX CLONES - Short wheelbase tub buggies.
I think the Tow'd was in the wrong class....but that's just me :?
GregR
GregR
Site Admin

Postby Carlton Dollery » 25 Tue Apr, 2006 7:35 am

Steve I have to agree with you on all said, I was surprised about the tow'd also. I assumed it was in the rail section also. It was a sweet car, but had no idea we were competing against it. Anyway enough said about that, I have to say that I was really impressed with the show, very well organized and a great place. Got to chat with alot of nice folks, had a great time and saw a alot of really nice cars.
Carlton Dollery
Buggy Driver

Postby buggyryan » 25 Tue Apr, 2006 10:57 pm

man the show was incredible, much better than ennis. i also got to put faces to alot of y'all and had a great time. will have my buggy there next year for sure. oh by the way what is a towd? is it code for something? all the buggys were kickin. answered alot of questions and raised more after seeing all the bugs and buggys
buggyryan
Buggy Nut

Postby David O' » 26 Wed Apr, 2006 12:24 am

It was a name given to the car because the front of the car had a tow ball built into it and all you did was pick up the front of the car and set it on your tow ball to take the car where you wanted it to be. It was later that the cars were made street legal.
David O'
Buggyholic

Postby blackthree4me » 26 Wed Apr, 2006 7:51 am

I thought it was because it looked like a towd LOL
blackthree4me
blackthree4me
Buggyholic

hey

Postby Texasbuggys » 26 Wed Apr, 2006 6:51 pm

Anybody have the winners of the show? Anybody bring home the bacon?
Get your new short or long body, custom chassis, show cages, bumpers and accessories at http://www.texasbuggys.com

E-Mail Texasbuggys@suddenlink.net or call 361-218-6272
Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

show

Postby Texasbuggys » 26 Wed Apr, 2006 7:04 pm

Hopefully somebody from the club got something! I enjoyed the show even with a hurt back it was great. Enjoyed visiting with everyone at the show and even the night before hanging out with Chris, Carlton, Jimmy and a whole bunch of T-Bird guys at the hotel! I wished I would have had more time to visit with everyone. It was good to see everyone and even got a little grease on me, thanks David Head! LOL I had a great time, good to see you again David O, Steve O, Patrick, Lori, Greg, Neil, and a lot of other folks that i don't have time to mention here. It was sure great to get to just take it easy and visit with everyone. And for you guys that ordered bodies, chassis, and parts, they are coming soon. I am looking forward to seeing everyone again soon. Hey Steve O, love the covered wagen man that rocks! The trailer setup that Jimmy and Donna Davis put together is awesome for anyone who has not seen it, next show grab Jimmy and get him to walk you through how he can put two glass buggies into a 20 enclosed trailer, he made it look way to easy! Also a howdy out to Buggyryan and Boog! Good to see you guys and the Mini is rad with the flames!
Get your new short or long body, custom chassis, show cages, bumpers and accessories at http://www.texasbuggys.com

Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

SHOW

Postby Texasbuggys » 26 Wed Apr, 2006 7:06 pm

Oh, Chrisssy did ya get the paper finished? LOL, while the rest of us were relaxing and chilling at the show Chris wife was working on a paper for her College classes! That is dedication! :lol:

Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

show

Postby Texasbuggys » 26 Wed Apr, 2006 7:11 pm

Last shout out! Howdy to Bill K, Nick D, Paul S with his sweet little safari window pickup, good to see and visot with you all and again look forward to meeting up again. I would also like to say excellent trike build to Neil D.

Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

Re: SHOW

Postby Aquabuggy » 26 Wed Apr, 2006 8:36 pm

Texasbuggys wrote:Oh, Chrisssy did ya get the paper finished? LOL, while the rest of us were relaxing and chilling at the show Chris wife was working on a paper for her College classes! That is dedication! :lol:

Bobby, not sure if you call it dedication or a slacker saving it for the last minute. In answer to your question.....I did submit a 14 page paper although it should have been 20 pages. So, yes, I suppose I turned in something. Thanks for asking!
Aquabuggy
Buggyholic

Postby blackthree4me » 27 Thu Apr, 2006 9:28 am

(Anybody have the winners of the show? Anybody bring home the bacon?)

Jenks towed 1st
Jimmy Davis Green manx 2nd
Blackthree4me Black spatz 3rd
blackthree4me
Buggyholic

Return to General Discussion