Who's going?

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

Who's going?

Postby carlos del carpio » 17 Mon Apr, 2006 11:11 am

Can I get a 'who's going' to the Blast?

Chris Moseley?

Kevin Calder??

Tyla?

Gary Thompson?

Anyone know the status of these website veterans???
you must have pride....in your ride....
carlos del carpio
Buggyholic

Postby GregR » 17 Mon Apr, 2006 11:15 am

Don't know about Chris,
Kevin comes and goes and Tyla just came back not too long ago. I thin kshe's going to come try and make the Blast. Garthom has been posting on another board about the MidAmerica show in Illinois on the same weekend...I think he's going there since it's closer to his home...
Anybody else know?
GregR
GregR
Site Admin

Postby Faron » 17 Mon Apr, 2006 8:29 pm

I know that I will be there, & Ryan says that he will be there as well.
Well, I will only be there Sunday. Will I still get to see a good show? Who else?
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby MURZ » 17 Mon Apr, 2006 10:34 pm

Me!!! Me!!!! I am going!!!! bringing the wifeee!!! Looks like a 10 hour drive. Hope the buggy will make it there and back.
MURZ
Madisonville La
(Just north of where New Orleans used to be)

Dune buggies....Old men have to have something to excercise their minds and bodies
MURZ
Buggyholic

Postby David Head » 18 Tue Apr, 2006 6:58 am

Faron, If you are talking abiut the Buggy Blast, Saturday is the show and Sunday is the cruise. We never know how much to expect for the cruise. It is just whoever shows up. The Big SUNDAY show is this weekend in Ferdericksburg. To see a lot of VWs and Buggies, Come Sunday to Fredericksburg. I just wanted to make sure you had your days right. David
Maroon Manx

(o\_!_/o)
David Head
Buggyholic

Postby buggyryan » 18 Tue Apr, 2006 7:39 pm

ill be there sunday fo sure. is the swap area usually pretty good?
buggyryan
Buggy Nut

Postby David Head » 18 Tue Apr, 2006 8:21 pm

Again, Are y'all talking about the Blast in June in Salado or the VW classic this weekend. This thread is labeled "Who's going to the Blast" Ryan if you are talking about the Blast in June, All we are doing on Sunday is a breakfast and 70+ mile cruise. Our club show will be on Saturday. Now if you are talking about the VW Classic this weekend in Fredericksburg, They are having a cruise on Saturday and the Big Show (I repeat "Big Show) is on Sunday. And yes on Sunday they do have a Swap meet also. I just wanted to make sure y'all understood what was when and such. I will be going down to Fredericksburg on Thursday evening. See y'all there. David
Maroon Manx

(o\_!_/o)
David Head
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 18 Tue Apr, 2006 8:51 pm

Ryan & I both are talking about the one in Fred. this weekend.
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 18 Tue Apr, 2006 11:01 pm

Going to the Blast is a given for me, and planning on being at Fredicksburg. Hope to get to Fredricksburg early enough on Friday to make the Friday evening cruise.
It'll be my new buggy's first outing.
Hope to see and meet you all there.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Aquabuggy » 19 Wed Apr, 2006 6:57 am

Ill be at the VW Classic this weekend and also at the Buggy Blast in june.
Aquabuggy
Buggyholic

Postby pokey1168 » 19 Wed Apr, 2006 2:18 pm

I may make Fredericksburg but it'll have to be in the celica. I have the superbeetle and the buggy down swapping out brake parts. Looks like they may both get front disc and the buggy gets the super rear, the super gets type 3 rear. WHEW what a mouth full
POKEY

"That which does not kill us..........leaves one hell of a scar!"
pokey1168
Buggy Dude

Postby Rotobug » 19 Wed Apr, 2006 3:14 pm

I, and the wifey, will be there with the rotobug. That is if TMI will get off thier @#$$# and send me my interior!!!
Rotobug

Postby Reckless » 19 Wed Apr, 2006 8:16 pm

Ill be there if i get the chrome and the wiring done and if fuel doesnt get too out of hand
Reckless

Postby carlos del carpio » 19 Wed Apr, 2006 10:27 pm

I should be there, WITHOUT a buggy..but if all goes right, I'll win all the raffles hahahahahah
you must have pride....in your ride....
carlos del carpio
Buggyholic

Postby buggyryan » 20 Thu Apr, 2006 9:55 am

thats what im talking bout carlos. i wish i was bringing my buggy but it will be there next year as well as the blast in salado. will they be selling the t-shirts at the blast also or is it just for the people who registered there cars in the show. looking forward to both
buggyryan
Buggy Nut

Postby GregR » 20 Thu Apr, 2006 11:28 am

we'll have shirts at the show....but we're trying to not order too many. We have a bunch left over from last year's blast...anybody need a shop shirt? $5 plus postage each or we'll have the 2005 leftovers at the show as well.

If you want a 2006 show shirt, it'd really help out if you ordered (and paid) for one in advance of the Buggy Blast. Just use the registration form available on the website http://www.texasmanxclub.com/registration%20form%202006.pdf
mail it in with your check and we'll have a shirt(s) for you at the show....even the size(s) ordered :D If you want it mailed, add the cash per shirt or pick it up at the Blast in Salado. Don't wait though as we'll turn in the order around the 20th of May
GregR
GregR
Site Admin

SUNDAY

Postby Faron » 20 Thu Apr, 2006 9:26 pm

Yes I will be showing up at the show in our SUV. I would like to think that I will have my buggy done for next years show, but I will have to see. It will be really nice meeting everyone at the event. To be talking to all of you all this time, it will be nice to put a face to the name. HaHaHa See you all SUNDAY!
By the way I will be down for a couple of last years shirts! PLEASE save me at least 1 XL.
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby bobaganoosh » 23 Sun Apr, 2006 9:15 am

you sure can tell when there's a big event happening, these boards just die.

I guess I'll have to start going to the big events

mike
It aint for show, but it sho will go.
bobaganoosh
Buggy Nut

don't count me out!

Postby garthom » 26 Wed Apr, 2006 9:17 am

Still want too be there in June. Darn price of gas keeps goin up. Can't bring buggy. It will be an economy stay in the car if I make it. Any cheeeeeeeeap campgrounds around there? What will outside temperature be like?
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
garthom
Buggy Builder

Postby David O' » 26 Wed Apr, 2006 9:27 am

Wife and I will be there, going to see if my sister will let us stay at her place, it's only about 30 min from there.
I will be bringing a lot of parts, in truck, and hoping to get to meet everyone.
By the way, any parts in particular you guys are looking for? Let me know and I will get with you and make the arrangements......this will amount to free shipping!!!!!!!!! LOL!
Oh, and no lost shipments by FEDEX, (Bobby)!!!! LOL!
If at first you don't succeed, beat the pshaw out of the business partner, and then go at it alone! LOL!
David O'
Buggyholic

Postby kc5ukk » 07 Sun May, 2006 11:53 pm

We will be there
kc5ukk

Postby Russhebert » 09 Tue May, 2006 6:17 pm

Russell and Christie will be there for both days and plan on going on the cruises
Russhebert
Buggy Nut

Postby GregR » 09 Tue May, 2006 10:09 pm

GArthom....outside temp will most likely be in the 90's If we're lucky it won't be very humid so it's not too bad... :D
GregR
GregR
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion