Update on Christy

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

Update on Christy

Postby Dave W » 15 Wed May, 2019 3:52 pm

Hello to all of our Texas Manx Friends,

As some of you may be aware, the last two months have been a very difficult time for our family. Christy became ill on Friday, March 29, and we took her to the hospital early morning March 31. After a week of diagnosis, on the evening of April 5, she was found to have a ruptured appendix and had surgery later that evening. Due to the weakened condition of her main body organs (heart, liver, kidneys) from her Al Amyloidosis, she was placed in intensive care Friday evening through Sunday noon. Unfortunately, given her extremely weakened condition, she did not recover well from the surgery, and we made the tough decision to bring her home on hospice care on April 17. Since she has been home, she has steadily declined and is close to passing based on the hospice nurses' assessment this morning.

Our son Ryan flew in from Kansas City Sunday evening and our daughter Megan is here in Austin. Christy is surrounded by her family and loved ones as she progresses through her final days. She is at the point now where she can no longer communicate and is a sleep most of the time. Hospice Austin has been wonderful as well as Christy's sisters, my sister, and my brother's wife who have all taken shifts caring for Christy. Ken and Delia has been wonderful as well in keeping us fed and our spirits up. I also appreciate the kind words, prayers, cards, and gifts sent Christy's way from the members of this most wonderful buggy family. We are so fortunate to have you all as friends.

We will not be at the Blast in person, but certainly in spirit. I will keep you posted on how Christy progresses and associated services.

God bless you all,
Dave
Dave W
Buggy Nut

Re: Update on Christy

Postby ScottR » 15 Wed May, 2019 8:52 pm

Thank you for the update, Dave. Terribly sorry to hear that Christy is not doing well. You and your family are in our thoughts. We will miss Christy dearly. Wish you and your family the best and remember we love y'all.
ScottR
Buggy Nut

Postby Heathwerner » 15 Wed May, 2019 9:33 pm

Dave,
Buggy Blast will definitely not be the same without you and Christy there. But be certain, there will be many thoughts, prayers and love being sent to Christy, you and your family.
Thank you for the update and please continue to keep us informed as you can.

Heath and Shannon
Heathwerner
Buggy Nut

Postby Ken » 16 Thu May, 2019 10:12 am

It is with the heaviest of heart I post this. Our dear friend Christy passed away last night, peacefully in the end. She has been surrounded by many loved ones through her trials of the last several weeks. I have no words to say right now, so to quote a good friends comforting words, "She is whole once again, but now there is a hole in our hearts that only she can fill. - Sandy Mechler"

I'll post service information when available.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby yoboy » 16 Thu May, 2019 10:51 am

Thank you for posting Ken. Our hearts definitely have a whole as we have lost one of our beloved buggy family. We will continue to keep Dave and the entire family in our thoughts and prayers. The pictures posted also help as we remember the wonderful times spent together.
yoboy
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 22 Wed May, 2019 2:04 pm

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » 22 Wed May, 2019 2:07 pm

Ken
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion