Adios Crazy Alice

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

Adios Crazy Alice

Postby Ken » 24 Thu Jan, 2019 2:38 pm

It is with heavy heart that I write this post. Crazy Alice has been such a huge part of my family for many years. My girls and now my grandson have made life long memories with this vehicle. There's a lot of talk about fixing the titling, but let me remind some of you, many of us bought our dune buggys and had the title transferred to our names "AS IS" by the county DMV office. In 2006, when I bought Crazy Alice, I did not hide what I had to the DMV clerk. She knew this title was for a rail dune buggy. She saw me drive up and park. To assume this group of owners are any less vulnerable than any other group is wrong.

Here again, is a video my daughter Amanda made of our 2007 Roundup, where Crazy Alice broke down 3 times, during our first cruise experience. Priceless memories, to say the least.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Ken
Site Admin

Re: Adios Crazy Alice

Postby Rick&Cyndi M » 24 Thu Jan, 2019 5:01 pm

What are you doing with Crazy Alice???
Rick&Cyndi M
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 24 Thu Jan, 2019 5:21 pm

She's no longer legal for registration renewal because of incorrect make and model.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Faron » 24 Thu Jan, 2019 10:28 pm

THIS SUCKS, AND THE TxDMV IS 100% WRONG FOR DOING THIS TO YOU, YOUR FAMILY, & THE ENTIRE DUNE BUGGY COMMUNITY!

Ken if you ever want to sit down and talk about what is happening with Save the Texas Dune Buggy, FRED, or just talk Dune Buggies I will be happy to meet you half way, or you could come to my house. We could enjoy a beer together either way!

Ken wrote:She's no longer legal for registration renewal because of incorrect make and model.

On a side note, your very Safe vehicle is no longer eligible for Registration because a bureaucrat made a poor decision to write AR 217.3!
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby johber41 » 24 Thu Jan, 2019 11:18 pm

Sorry to hear that Ken.....My wife Karen enjoyed the ride from Bandera after my breakdown. This whole mess will someday be fixed I hope!

Ps....I will get rid of all that schedule 40 I was holding for you after I took down my chain link fence!
johber41
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 27 Sun Jan, 2019 10:18 pm

Thanks for the pictures. What a wonderful trip down Memory Lane.

We lost a very esteemed member of our family. Crazy Alice will be missed. She met an untimely death at the hands of Bureaucrats.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 28 Mon Jan, 2019 12:07 pm

I was considering how many people each of our cars affect throughout its life and it's really staggering when you think about that. We are her second family and countless other family and friends. I was expecting Osiris would be behind the steering wheel one day, tearing down beach road on Mustang Island. Well... Can anyone say BAJA BUG?
Ken
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion