Fund Raiser Supporting Texas Titling Changes

Information and links to the sites that are keeping us updated on the efforts related to fixing the Texas Administrative Code Section 217.3

Moderator: admin

Fund Raiser Supporting Texas Titling Changes

Postby Ken » 23 Mon Oct, 2017 4:50 pm

I know many of you are active on the Facebook group that Faron runs, but for anyone that's not, I was informed of this today and I'm sure we would all like to help support any effort in fixing the current Texas DMV manual. Please inform yourself before giving money. I'm sure Faron would be happy to discuss with anyone having questions, so contact him. If someone doesn't try something, we'll all be moving to Arizonia...

Save the Texas Dune Buggy

https://www.gofundme.com/SavetheTexasDuneBuggy wrote:This is a fund raiser to help pay for the Services of Ron Hinkle, a Legislative Consultant here in Texas. Mr. Hinkle is a very large part of getting the Polaris Slingshot legal in Texas, and he is willing to work on doing the same for our Dune Buggies, Beach Buggies, or Sand rails. With Mr. Hinkle’s experience as well as contacts, he will be able to petition the department & request the adaptation of a Administative Rule 217.3(B). Once the adaptation of the rule is completed Texas Dune Buggy, Beach Buggy, and Sand rail owners will have a comprehensive way to legally Title/Register our vehicles.
Not only is Save the Texas Dune Buggy raising funds, but a kitcar Manufacturer affected by Administrative Rule 217.3(B) is looking at donating, and a large Dune Buggy Club is also looking at donating. Mr. Hinkle is asking for $5000.00 dollars for his services, and I set the goal here at $6000.00 in order to cover the fee as well as the Go Fund Me fees just in case it is all up to the “Save the Texas Dune Buggy” Facebook Group. We need to have Mr. Hinkle's fees by November 30th, 2017.
If you are not already a member of the “Save the Texas Dune Buggy ” Facebook Group, please feel free to look us up & join so that you can follow along with our progress.
If you would like to learn more about Mr. Hinkle please look at his website http://www.rhinkle.com
If you have any additional questions please don't hesitate to ask.
Ken
Site Admin

Re: Fund Raiser Supporting Texas Titling Changes

Postby Faron » 25 Wed Oct, 2017 9:27 pm

Ken is correct, I will be happy to discuss with ANYONE where every penny that is donated is spent. Heck Ken, you live less than 20 miles from me, I would be happy to show you where everything is going in person.

After all this is OUR MONEY to be used on NOTHING but correcting this GOOFY Administrative Rule 217.3. The Ultimate goal here is to refine the Custom Vehicle category to include The ASVE regardless of Replica Status. Bottom line is if it passes an Inspection, IT'S LEGAL, that’s it, the end!

If you look at the Go Fund Me Page, you can see up to date what we have raised.

Once the time comes and its time to start paying Mr. Hinkle. I will post a copy of what was raised & and a copy the check/checks that are sent. I want to make sure that EVERYONE feels 100% comfortable with where donations are going.

If you would like to get in touch with me personally my email is faronsmith70@gmail.com, I'll even send you my phone number in an email.

Help me fix this!
Faron
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby johber41 » 26 Thu Oct, 2017 12:44 am

Thank you Faron!
johber41
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 26 Thu Oct, 2017 10:02 pm

We are working hard for everyone!
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Tappa » 28 Sat Oct, 2017 7:17 am

This is something that effects all of us with dune buggies and kit cars and almost any home built car. If we don't act now, it will be harder to get
a change made in our favor. In the future, if not contested we could see more types of vehicles restricted, which could basically put an end to
many car hobbies in our state. It is no joke and must be taken seriously and we must support a united effort to effect change.
Please donate to this cause so we may continue enjoying our vehicles on the street where they belong.
Tappa
Buggy Nut

Return to Save the Texas Dune Buggy, Sandrail, Kitcar