Hello Everyone. I'm new to TMC

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

Hello Everyone. I'm new to TMC

Postby SergioF » 26 Tue May, 2015 1:08 pm

I recently joined the TMC and wanted to introduce myself. I live in NW Houston, Champions Forest area and I purchased a Manx style dune buggy about 7 months ago. I’ve been a big VW fan all of my life and owned several ‘60s & ’70 VWs over the years, and even built a rail dune buggy back in the mid 1970’s. Last August I went to Reno with some old buddies for the Hot August Nights car show, saw a couple of nice dune buggies and I started getting the “bug” again. So when I arrived at home, I started looking for a dune buggy. I found one out of California that had everything I wanted, but still needed a little work so I can have fun tinkering with it.

I wanted to catch up with you all at the Buggy Blast this past weekend but I had a family commitment I couldn’t get out of. However I do plan to go to the Buggy Round Up in Boerne on Labor Day weekend. Looking forward to meeting you all then. (I hope to have my new disc brakes on my buggy by then :D ).

Sergio
SergioF
Buggy Driver

Re: Hello Everyone. I'm new to TMC

Postby johber41 » 26 Tue May, 2015 1:56 pm

Welcome Sergio...I am in SE Houston near the Space Center. Great guys and gals here and very generous with mechanical information.
johber41
Buggyholic

Postby BrianB » 26 Tue May, 2015 3:44 pm

Welcome Sergio. It all worked out that you were not able to make the Blast. We will see you in Boerne. Do you make it out to Niftee Fiftee's at all? Its just up the street from you. There is a big show in Katy the first week of August if you are able to make it. See you soon.
ThunderBug Buggy
BrianB
Buggyholic

Postby Bryan Porter » 26 Tue May, 2015 3:56 pm

Hi My name is Bryan Porter I live in Pinehurst just up the road look me up sometime.

To bad you missed the Blast we had a great time between the flood and rain.

Bugs Brew and BBQ in Tomball on sept 27 look up North Houston vw club
Last edited by Bryan Porter on 26 Tue May, 2015 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bryan Porter
Buggyholic

Postby SergioF » 26 Tue May, 2015 4:02 pm

Hi Brian B.

I haven't been to the Niftee Fiftee's yet this year. I'm going to try to go soon. Tell me more about the show in Katy, I'd like to go. Where in Katy is it?

Sergio
SergioF
Buggy Driver

Postby Bill K » 26 Tue May, 2015 5:32 pm

Welcome Sergio: We are glad to have you join up with us. And, I'm glad to hear you will be joining us for the Roundup.

So stay tuned. There will be Roundup information coming soon.

BTW: We'd all love to see pictures of your Buggy.

billk
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby SpatzMan70 » 26 Tue May, 2015 6:51 pm

Welcome Sergio. I made my 1st Buggy Blast this last weekend. Great bunch of guys,welcomed me with open arms. Brewsters Pizza was awesome(in Wimberley).
SpatzMan70
Buggy Dude

Postby ScottR » 27 Wed May, 2015 9:28 pm

Welcome Sergio... You might have missed the "Blast" but every time we get together we have a blast!!! Look forward to meeting you.
ScottR
Buggy Nut

Return to General Discussion