I hate cats

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

I hate cats

Postby bobaganoosh » 23 Thu Mar, 2006 10:03 pm

apparently while working on my mustang one of my stupid cats went in the garage and knocked something over and now I have a nice 3 inch scratch in my paint job.

question: why does it seem that my paint comes off rather easily I used primer sealer then color and clear. does it scratch easy because it's fiberglass and not metal?

mike
It aint for show, but it sho will go.
bobaganoosh
Buggy Nut

Postby carlos del carpio » 23 Thu Mar, 2006 10:30 pm

depends on what exactly you used..there are some clear coats that are almost bulletproof, and there are also some that are rather soft..also, depends on temperature, and more importantly, WHAT HIT THE BUGGY! a falling paint can it gonna hurt anything it hits...

I hate cats, too, sometimes...especially when I enter the garage, and a stray zips out of there...a few minutes later... I smell that horrible cat peee.....
you must have pride....in your ride....
carlos del carpio
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 23 Thu Mar, 2006 10:42 pm

I just hate cats!
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby David Head » 24 Fri Mar, 2006 10:55 am

I know what you mean. Cats in general are OK. We live out in the country and have about 5 cats (all fixed) to help keep the rodent population down.They are all pets. I have to keep my shop closed if 'm not in it. I keep my Buggy in the shop with a Manx car cover on it. I guess one of the cats wanted to know what was under the cover. WHen I took the cover off, I found cat scratches on the side of the buggy where the cat tried to jump into it. I agree that the paint coating is kind of soft. I can't get rid of the cats because my 12 year old daughter would hate me. It's just easier to keep the shop closed. David
Maroon Manx

(o\_!_/o)
David Head
Buggyholic

Postby GregR » 24 Fri Mar, 2006 11:27 am

We bought a new dining room table several years ago. Reallly nice, high gloss finish. We have a pretty big living room attached to the dining room, with the front door adjacent to both, the dining room is to the east of the door. One morning as I went to get the paper I happened to glance into the dining room, the sun coming in the window showed a table top that looked like the ice after a hockey game.....Susan stopped me before I declawed the cats all the way up to their knees. And then there's the pair of leather work boots I have....er had....
GregR
GregR
Site Admin

Postby MURZ » 24 Fri Mar, 2006 7:50 pm

One thing about cats...they love antifreeze :roll: :roll: :roll:

Never did have problems with cats.

Well there was that one time........... did I tell you "One thing about cats...they love antifreeze" :roll: :roll: :roll:
Madisonville La
(Just north of where New Orleans used to be)

Dune buggies....Old men have to have something to excercise their minds and bodies
MURZ
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 25 Sat Mar, 2006 12:09 am

HaHaHa NOW That is Funny MURZ!!!

The Window Tint vender at the dealership I work for LOVES CATS. The funny thing about this is the fact that he is HUGE. Dave is about 6 foot 2 Inches & about 310 LBS of roids. Its as though he walked off the pages of a 80s Mag. With his workout pants, Black Reebok high tops, black Leather Fanny Pack, and the curly mullett. He is a great guy, its just funny that he LOVES Cats!
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby bobaganoosh » 25 Sat Mar, 2006 10:37 pm

I'll have to do a little more research on my clear coat next time.

this is my first paint job and I had planned on redoing it next winter anyway but I did want to look somewhat decent for the summer but that's already screwed up.

BTW being stuck in austin for the weekend really sucks. I can't go anywhere and the internet only works in the lobby and not in my room. so I get to sit here late when no one else is around.

but atleast I get to read the boards this time usually we stay where there is no wireless internet.

mike
bobaganoosh
Buggy Nut

Postby Faron » 26 Sun Mar, 2006 12:42 pm

Mike next time you are that close to San Antonio let me know, perhaps we can get together!
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby bobaganoosh » 26 Sun Mar, 2006 3:23 pm

no problem, we'll probably be back in a couple of weeks.

mike
bobaganoosh
Buggy Nut

Postby mkparker » 27 Mon Mar, 2006 8:27 pm

I was awakened by a bunch of racket the other nite coming from my bathroom....stumbled over and flipped on the lite...my 2 dogs and 1 cat were fighting over the 8" rat that the cat drug in thru the doggy door. Mud and rat blood all over and me standin' there in my drawers....un-armed!

At least you can't tell if my buggy gets scratched or not at this stage of its life.

Dang cats!
mkparker
Buggy Driver

Postby David O' » 27 Mon Mar, 2006 10:00 pm

I don't hate cats, but I wonder if they are not anything but an interactive playtoy for my 75lb dog! She thinks so, and man, you can get in dutch with the wife when she out in the yard trying to pry the ball of claws out of the dog's mouth, in the mud, when she is completely dressed down to the panty hose.......which look like the cat pole in most people's houses, and he dog is tearing her up with muddy claws, screaming at the top of her lungs (dog)........"Give me back MY toy, it's MY toy and YOU can't have it.
I got in trouble for jumping in and grabbing the cat by the neck and doing a hail mary pass with the cat over the back fence.........followed by the statement .......I'm sorry honey, I'm really trying not to smile at a time like this.......while wetting my pants with tears coming out of my eyes.
I wonder why she didn't believe me?
Oh, yea, the cat NEVER came back and now it is MY fault! LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
If at first you don't succeed, beat the pshaw out of the business partner, and then go at it alone! LOL!
David O'
Buggyholic

Postby buggyryan » 27 Mon Mar, 2006 10:13 pm

omg david that is so funny i can just picture it flying over the fence....girlfriend "had" a cat before she moved in but with a mini pinscher and a dauschund it was a forgon conclusion who was gonna win with the cat being a plytoy in the middle. i dont mind them but i am getting tired of the #@# stains on my clean wheels.........
buggyryan
Buggy Nut

Postby carlos del carpio » 27 Mon Mar, 2006 10:23 pm

If prepared correctly.......

...cats make a great meal. MMmm tasty! :lol: :lol: :lol:
carlos del carpio
Buggyholic

Postby buggyryan » 27 Mon Mar, 2006 10:26 pm

lol lol lol is that with that antifreeze seasonings.... :lol:
buggyryan
Buggy Nut

Postby Faron » 27 Mon Mar, 2006 10:37 pm

MMMMMMMM
Sweet & Sour Cat
Cat Fried Rice
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby buggyryan » 27 Mon Mar, 2006 11:02 pm

but back to the original thing before we started coming up with el gato cat recipes. i think i remember from my days in the body shop business, that if it is enamel paint it looks great good for show cars but alot harder to take care of and it water spots really bad, as for poly-urethane it looks great and with stands alot more umm accidents shall we say. at least thats what i remeber please correct me guys if i am wrong.
buggyryan
Buggy Nut

Postby Faron » 27 Mon Mar, 2006 11:57 pm

That is a good question? It would be great to see a response!
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby David O' » 28 Tue Mar, 2006 8:42 am

Any non-catalized paints stay soft for quite a while. It doesn't really matter what the paint is, but it really does help if you get the stuff that is two part. It hardenes itself and gets hard quick! That is what I used on the white car that I last did!
If at first you don't succeed, beat the pshaw out of the business partner, and then go at it alone! LOL!
David O'
Buggyholic

Postby buggyryan » 28 Tue Mar, 2006 8:24 pm

does the fiberglass need a speacial hardner, like painting rubber does? of course i wont be painting mine but always good to know.
buggyryan
Buggy Nut

Postby David O' » 28 Tue Mar, 2006 10:07 pm

No, just the usual prep work!
David O'
Buggyholic

Postby bobaganoosh » 28 Tue Mar, 2006 10:30 pm

i used the two part paint with reducer and clear with activator.

it seemed to be fine until lately and it seems to scratch really easy

mike
bobaganoosh
Buggy Nut

Postby David O' » 28 Tue Mar, 2006 10:35 pm

OK, it may be that the clear coat is brittle. No paint is totally scratch proof, but it shouldn't scratch real easy. If all else fails,............kill the cat!
David O'
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 29 Wed Mar, 2006 10:08 am

GREAT Idea David......Cat with broccoli MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby carlos del carpio » 29 Wed Mar, 2006 11:17 am

Alrighty, back on topic, can someone make a list of good Paint guys in your area? I'm gonna need some spray, soooon!~
carlos del carpio
Buggyholic

Postby buggyryan » 29 Wed Mar, 2006 12:23 pm

i thought you said you were in the waaaaayyyyy south carlos? you gonna bring it up for paint? so how far south is south
buggyryan
Buggy Nut

Group buy!

Postby Faron » 30 Thu Mar, 2006 12:11 am

The guy who painted my cage is David, he has a little shop behind his house. He does OK work, for not so much money. Only thing is, he does not color match so hot. So I do not know if I will use him again!
I may try to pull a few strings.... If I could get a bunch of Buggies to Commit. I would be willing to talk to a couple of Body Shops that I use via the dealership. What about a group buy! How many of you would be willing to do so if I could get a good price on a single color paint job for our Buggies? I have no idea as to cost yet! I am just seeing how hot this idea is before I talk to them. Is this a good idea?
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby MURZ » 30 Thu Mar, 2006 12:53 am

My buddy fully prepped his body and brought it to FACTOBAKE to spray. They charged him 300 for polyurethane paint and it came out AWESOME. All they had to do was spray it.

MURZ
Madisonville La

Dune buggies....Old men have to have something to excercise their minds and bodies
MURZ
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 30 Thu Mar, 2006 1:00 am

WOW Looks good to me! Almost worth a trip to La for a enexpencive paint job! I like the stance on that buggy!
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby buggyryan » 30 Thu Mar, 2006 11:41 am

now theres a man after my own heart, buggy in the drive parked next to a jeep. way to go murz. how much did you lower your car to get it like it looked in the other pictures. i think i like it better this way. higher up. but still awesome
buggyryan
Buggy Nut

Postby MURZ » 31 Fri Mar, 2006 10:02 pm

That car is not mine. It belonged to a friend of mine. Aside from the old rims, it was sweet!!!! I would have added a cage, but that's me.
MURZ
Madisonville La

MURZ
Buggyholic

Return to General Discussion