Started a FB Group

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

Started a FB Group

Postby Faron » 14 Sun Dec, 2014 2:05 pm

I am not trying to step on any toes, but I started a Facebook group called Texas Dune Buggy Owners . I think it will reach a lot of people, could get a little more activity going on here, and see bigger turnouts at the events held by this club. Hope no one is offended, but I started it less then an hour ago and already have close to 20 members.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TexasDuneBuggyOwners/

All the best to one and all!
Last edited by Faron on 14 Sun Dec, 2014 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Re: Started a FB Group

Postby BrianB » 14 Sun Dec, 2014 2:18 pm

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!! Whats a facebook? You are always so involved here to help the club! Appreciate it!!!
ThunderBug Buggy
BrianB
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 14 Sun Dec, 2014 10:28 pm

Thank You, I hope it is a success! I added a link in my original post, but I will do so again.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TexasDuneBuggyOwners/
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby BrianB » 15 Mon Dec, 2014 7:38 am

Yep, it will be great to take all the chater between members here off of this board over to facebook so they can shut this board down :( :shock: :( :(
ThunderBug Buggy
BrianB
Buggyholic

Postby ScottR » 15 Mon Dec, 2014 10:32 pm

I wouldn't go as far as shutting this site down but FB will make another avenue to discuss amoung others with similar interests and their interests.

I think this site should be the "official" first word or last word for events and running threads for folks to look back on for notes. There is a bunch of good information on this site.
ScottR
Buggy Nut

Postby Faron » 15 Mon Dec, 2014 10:50 pm

Well, that is most defiantly one way to look at it….. Please read to the end before you fire off how I am wrong. If you feel the need please offer suggestions, and let me know what you feel I can do to improve the Facebook Group. Facebook is able to have what most of society craves. Instant gratification in that one can quickly say hello, or show off their Buggy after a quick wash or doing something small. It is all very instant and has little to no staying power when it comes to information. In a very short time we have close to 40 members. Some who know nothing about this forum, and some who have been members for years. Lots of chatter between them, and it lots of Texas based Buggies that I have never seen before. Because of that we will be able to tell each of them about this forum and the 3 events The Texas Manx Club is known for. That being said perhaps we will see attendance grow with membership as well as attendance to the events. Facebook is a tool and should be looked at as such. It should be used for the quick posts, but if one craves information they do need to come to this forum. Where Facebook is week, this forum is VERY strong. On Facebook it is next to impossible to have a build thread, where people can encourage as well as help one another. On Facebook your post is here today & gone tomorrow. There is no easy way to go back to information that someone offered on Facebook easily. Where the same cannot be said of this forum. When an event is talked about here on the forum it gives all the detail of the event, Facebook cant do that because the post get lost in the thread. With this forum people can easily see photos of past events, so it is easy to see just how fun they are. People will see that it is easy to find help on this forum, and they will come back looking for it. In return finding the HUGE value of this forum.

You talk about the chatter between members on this board. As you probably know I see a huge lack in the chatter. In fact I think the lack of chatter on this forum is most definetly hurting new membership as well as new chatter. When a new member gets on this forum they see very few new posts, so they check them out and move on. Then they come back the next day and see nothing has been posted since their last visit, and the same can be said the next day. Eventually they simply stop signing in because nothing is new. Look at the length of time between posts on this forum, do you really think that will make people come back to this site with any regularity. I hope after reading this you will see that I am not trying to eliminate the www.texasmanxclub.com forum, I am trying to build it.
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby CoryN » 16 Tue Dec, 2014 8:22 am

I'll support you Faron. I'm not too cool for facebook, neither are a lot of guys from this forum who I see have already joined.

I'm friends on facebook with buggy guys from all over the world, a whole bunch from Belgium for some reason. I get more information and inspiration from facebook than any of the forums I frequent. I've already made a few new friends from your page.

Cory
CoryN
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 16 Tue Dec, 2014 11:18 pm

Has this forum had a few new members join since Monday?

By the way Thank You Corey & Scott
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby GregR » 17 Wed Dec, 2014 2:35 pm

No, which is unusual. There are an average of 2 new users requesting posting access to the board every couple of weeks.
GregR
GregR
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion