Wimberley Texas

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

Wimberley Texas

Postby Ken » 25 Tue Nov, 2014 11:19 am

Some of you know, we live in the Wimberley area, about 30 miles southwest of downtown Austin. Many times when I mention Wimberely to people, they have a story or at least a memory related to this Texas small town. Wimberley is an artsy-craftsy community with a population of about 3000. Wimberley is well know for Market Days that easily doubles the population the first weekend of the month. Delia and I moved here in 1995 to escape Austin and find a slower environment to raise our family. We've never looked back!

I would love to hear your memories and stories related to Wimberley, if you have any. Heck post up if you nevrr heard of Wimberley. Post up and share. What else you got to do?
Ken
Site Admin

Re: Wimberley Texas

Postby ScottR » 26 Wed Nov, 2014 10:07 pm

I have had and heard of many great things about Wimberley and its surrounding area. My parents and I, 20 or 30 years ago, used to go and check out the Flea Market stuff and the Antiques. I like the area, what I can remember.

It would be really cool if you could get a "Hang Out" long weekend get together, kinda like the Roundup. I will and can help. I have tried 2 areas and have come up really confused due to the dead ends.
ScottR
Buggy Nut

Postby Faron » 27 Thu Nov, 2014 10:53 pm

The River Road Drive would be fun in a Buggy!
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 30 Sun Nov, 2014 6:27 pm

sounds like a blast to me...
Ken
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion